2000 tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 tourney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 tourney

Emperors champion
    -Uphold the Hononr of the emperor

Reclusiarch
    -3 servitors and bolt pistol

8 sword brethern (goes in the LRC)
    -two with termi honrs, lighting claws and power weapon
    -Furious Charge specail skill

Crusader Sqaud 1 (chaplin's sqaud)
    - 8 Initiates
    power fist
    - 3 Neophytes

Crusader Sqaud 2
    - 8 Initiates
    power fist
    - 6 Neophytes

Crusader Sqaud 3
    - 8 Initiates
    power fist
    - 6 Neophytes

Land Speeder Sqaud
    - 2 Tornado's

Land Speeder Sqaud
    - 2 melta melta speeders

Attack Bike Sqaud
    - 2 melta melta bikes

Vindicator
    -Power of The Machine Spirit

Vindicator
    -Power of The Machine Spirit

Land Raider Crusader ( a must have since there will be eldar and dark eldar )
    - Blessed Hull

2000 Points

61 models

The reason why i took Uphold the Honor was becasue it was the cheapest vow and since i have several big sqauds it will help all lot and its the only vow that pertains to neophytes to and thats good so theres a lot in this list

so what do you all think

A commander who puts his faith in heavy weapons alone will be outmanoeuvred. A commander who relies on close combat without support will lose his forces to enemy fire. Each element must work in harmony,so that the effectiveness of the army is greater than the some of its part.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like you have a lot of anti-tank but not enough assault, with all those neophytes your big squads are very vulnerable.

Let The Blood of our enemies flow!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Agree with Timrtrav you need long range fire support or youll get shot to peices you need to kill off their heavy support or you'll lose two many men and close combat will be ineffective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experience at playing BT I've found that at this points you use 2-4 20 man crusade squads. these have a power fist and melta gun each.

HQ- The champs good that vow is okay for this kinda list but I don't recommend it. The Chaplin doesn't need servitors really, keep them if you want but those points are better spent else where. you should probably give him terminator honors, frags, meltas and if you want a holy orb of Antioch.

Elites- personally I wouldn't get those sword brethren. For around the same points you can get a 5-6 man assault terminator squad.These will last longer and do way more damage. I would however keep the LRC for transport and anti-infantry.

Troops- As I said you should really be running these at full strength. this gives them great survivability and make the opponent split fire because of the the mass of units charging at him. more vet players may shoot just one squad and the swamp it with assault troops but by the time he has destroyed it he will have two more squads almost on him giving you a win wi situation. Two of these should be lead by the Chaplin and Champion.

Fast attack- You don't need the bikes so drop them. you should be running between 2-3 speeders in this list all in separate units. I'd make 1 an assault cannon/ heavy bolter and the other 1-2 heavy flamer/multi-melta combo. these provide great infantry killers but add a bit of anti-tank/ monstrous creature killing ability.

Heavy support- the LRC is good however in a tourney you can't rely on vindicators. I'd replace them with either annihilators or destructor's with heavy bolter sponsons for extra dakka.

hope this is helpful advice
    Never broken, Never fallen, Courage out of fear.
    "Those who give up often do not realize just how close they are to success when they give up."

+ Reply to Thread