inquisition 1000 point list non GK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inquisition 1000 point list non GK

i was flipping through my brothers codexs and was bored so i made this list even though i dont play daemonhunters. its fairly assassin heavy and i got my hqs retinue amped up for some infantry hunting and even if im playing MEQs i got a bunch of assassins to ignore their armor. i threw in the lance strike cuz i had extra points and couldnt decide what to put in.

HQ:
    inquisitor lord = 160
    psycanon
    1 sage
    3 gun servitors with heavy bolters

troops:
    10 stormtroopers = 205
    2 meltaguns
    chimera with multi laser and heavy bolter

10 stormtroopers = 205
    2 meltaguns

Elites:
    callidus assassin = 120

3 death cult assassins = 120

Heavy support:
    Lance strike = 70

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Crazy list! At the very least, it would be fun to play. But if you're looking for anything beyond that, you're going to need more actual troops and scoring units to be competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomuronay View Post
    HQ:
    inquisitor lord = 160
    psycanon
    1 sage
    3 gun servitors with heavy bolters
    Solid. Another sage and/or a mystic are worthwhile, too, if you can scrounge the points. Why miss even once, and who can pass on the chance to take free, out-of-turn potshots at deep strikers, summoned daemons, and drop pods? If you can scrounge even more points, acolytes with bolters make cheap ablataive wounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomuronay
    troops:
    10 stormtroopers = 205
    2 meltaguns

10 stormtroopers = 205
    2 meltaguns
    Not bad, but you'd probably be better served by Rhinos for melta/rush/anti-armour squads. The superior side armour and lack of decent weaponry encourages you to use the squad's capabilities to the fullest while Chimeras tempt you to play too conservatively and at too long a range. (You are paying for those nice guns, and you should be firing them all the time if possible.) If you're looking for raw firepower and/or to set up a light firebase, give your ISTs plasma instead and keep the Chimeras.

I'd also say that you need at least one more scoring unit, either inducted IG or another IST unit. Were it me, I'd take two melta/Rhino squads and one plasma/Chimera squad. The Rhino squads can squeak by on just 5-6 models if you need to save points, but be sure to keep your plasma squads up to 8+ models. Otherwise, you can forgo the use of transports with plasma squads and just footslog them; they work reasonably well that way, and, of course, you save a lot of points by doing it that way.
    Elites:
    callidus assassin = 120

3 death cult assassins = 120[/QUOTE]
    I would urge you to drop at least two of the DCAs -- if not three -- off the list so you can beef up your infantry core. A Callidus and 3-4 DCAs is more than enough killy, infiltraty, assaulty goodness for a 1000 pt list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomuronay
    Heavy support:
    Lance strike = 70
    Don't ever choose the lance strike over the melta torpedo. If you have to, sacrifice an IST model to the cause. The lance strike is only threatening to infantry, and isn't that why you have assassins and plasma and heavy bolters and Chimeras? Orbital strikes almost never hit anything, let alone hit something dead on so it is at full strength. And at half strength, there is almost no chance for the lance strike to damage armour, which means that mechanized opponents have nothing to fear from it.

The orbital strike is a great psychological weapon, but only if it is actually threatening. The melta torpedo can instakill MEQs and damage virtually any infantry unit, but its 2d6 armour penetration roll is what you really need. Even at half strength, the 2d6 penetration addition means you can actually still take out even AV 14 with just a modest amount of luck. With the melta torpedo, you'll be denying a large swath of the board to your enemy and sending them scrambling for cover, which is what you want.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread