Blood Angels army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member blood of the past's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angels army list

I would like help with my Blood Angels army list
    HQ
    Chaplian with jump pack - 120pts
    ELITES
    Terminator squad: 5 terminators 1 assault cannon - 230pts
    Veteran assault squad: 5 marines 3 lightning claws, 3 combat shields, 2 flamers - 265pts
    Death company: 5 marines - 0pts
    TROOPS
    Assault squad: 10 marines vs has power fist - 275pts
    Tactical squad: ten marines 1 plasma gun, 1 missile launcher - 215pts FAST ATTACK
    Bike squadron: 3 marines - 110pts
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator squad: 10 marines 1lascannon, 1missile launcher, 1heavybolter,1 multimelta - 275 pts

1490pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Then maybe you should put this in Marines army list section where it belongs.

MOD's can you help a new guy out...
    2500pts Emperors Children
    1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
    3000pts Tyranids

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Army lists go in the Army Lists subforum for your army. The army fluff forum is dedicated to game fluff. Keep this in mind in the future. I'll go ahead and move this to the Space Marines Army Lists forum for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing God View Post
    MOD's can you help a new guy out...
    Please report posts in the future. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give one of the guys in your bike squadron a power fist, and the chaplain a bolter (i'd give him a storm bolter because his high WS would make good use of it).

I'd cut a few marines out of your devastator squad and start another squad. maybe you could 2 or 3 out from the tactical squad, and 3 or 4 out of the devastator squad, and you've got another squad.

Oh, and is your death company worth 0 points? Cheapest death company i've ever seen. ;?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Junior Member blood of the past's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using the new codex featured in last months white dwarf and all the units costs have been upped by 30pts which allows you to have as many death company models as you have other squads. So it says their 0pts when infact their cost is already included. SIMPLE

Thanks for the chaplain advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by blood of the past View Post
    HQ
    Chaplian with jump pack - 120pts
    Good, but for only a few more points you can use Chaplain Lemartes. For the extra few points you get an extra wound, and the Hell Mask.

ELITES
    Terminator squad: 5 terminators 1 assault cannon - 230pts
    Well, here is the thing. With normal space marines, I would not recommend terminators at 1500 points. With BA, you don't even get the 2nd Assault Cannon, so I would have a difficult time recommending them at all. Personally, I would only ever use Assault Terminators, but they have such a hard time keeping up with everything else, that I really don't think Terminators belong in a competitive BA list. PLUS, there are so many other good Elite Choices.

Veteran assault squad: 5 marines 3 lightning claws, 3 combat shields, 2 flamers - 265pts
    Wow, that is one bloated squad. You have way to much wargear, on way too few models. Do you realize that you could almost have another 5 guys to this squad for the same amount you have spent on wargear? First of all, 3 LC's are WAY overkill. When I go with a Vet squad, I either do 3 power weapons, or 2 Power Fists. Do the Power Weapons if you think you're good on anti-tank. Do the Power Fists if your light. Of course you want these guys assaulting marines, not tanks, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Also, drop the combat shields, and add 5 more guys.

Death company: 5 marines - 0pts
    I would highly recommend Jump Packs, and adding at least 1, if not 3 guys to this unit. Remember, we can buy them now….

TROOPS
    Assault squad: 10 marines vs has power fist - 275pts
    Personally, I would go with two 5 man squads, just to get in another power fist, but honestly, for the minimal price savings, Assault Marines are not worth taking over Vet Assault Marines.

Tactical squad: ten marines 1 plasma gun, 1 missile launcher - 215pts
    This is good. What I like to do though, is put them in a cheap Rhino. Split them into combat squads, use the Rhino as mobile terrain to block fire lines, and have the other 5 guys get out and shoot when your opponent does not suspect it. I think a meltagun here works better, since you're really light on anti-tank weapons anyway.

FAST ATTACK
    Bike squadron: 3 marines - 110pts
    I really like bikes. However, I just don't see these guys adding anything to the list. Either equip them so they can do something, or (even better) drop them to flesh out other parts of your list.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator squad: 10 marines 1lascannon, 1missile launcher, 1heavybolter,1 multimelta - 275 pts
    Did you plan on throwing these models at your opponents? Aim for his eyes, because that is the only way this squad will ever do any damage. First, common practice is to have 1 bolter marine for every heavy weapon marine, so drop 2 guys. Then, you really need to equip them better. Whenever you create a squad, you want that squad to have 1 job, and only the equipment necessary to do that job, and ideally, you want everything to complement everything else. In this squad you have 2 anti-tank weapons, 1 anti-troop weapons, and 1 weapon that kind of does both. 2 weapons have a 48" range, 1 has a 36" range, and 1 has a 24" range. Do you see what I mean? All 4 weapons should be for the same purpose, anti-tank or anti-troop.

Now that you understand a little bit more on how to build an effective Devastator Squad, you can delete this squad from your list entirely. Your list lacks Anti-Tank, but this is NOT the way to get it. Everything else in your list is highly mobile. I would not ruin a great strategy by going with a Dev Squad. I think you are much better off with a Pred, or maybe even 2 Speeders with Multi-Melta.

Hope that help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    ... First, common practice is to have 1 bolter marine for every heavy weapon marine, so drop 2 guys. Then, you really need to equip them better. Whenever you create a squad, you want that squad to have 1 job, and only the equipment necessary to do that job, and ideally, you want everything to complement everything else. In this squad you have 2 anti-tank weapons, 1 anti-troop weapons, and 1 weapon that kind of does both. 2 weapons have a 48" range, 1 has a 36" range, and 1 has a 24" range. Do you see what I mean? All 4 weapons should be for the same purpose, anti-tank or anti-troop.

Hope that help!
    He can't do that, since the devastator squads adhere to the combat squads rule. It's either five or ten. Two lascannons and two heavy bolters in a ten man squad split in halv would be a good solution, I think.
    "The ones with lingon och skit" - Andusciassus

+ Reply to Thread