Advice wanted for Blood Angels army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member blood of the past's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice wanted for Blood Angels army list

I would like help with my Blood Angels army list any advice would very usefull.
    HQ
    Chaplian with jump pack - 120pts
    ELITES
    Terminator squad: 5 terminators 1 assault cannon - 230pts
    Veteran assault squad: 5 marines 3 lightning claws, 3 combat shields, 2 flamers - 265pts
    Death company: 5 marines - 0pts
    TROOPS
    Assault squad: 10 marines vs has power fist - 275pts
    [Tactical squad: ten marines 1 plasma gun, 1 missile launcher - 215pts
    FAST ATTACK
    Bike squadron: 3 marines - 110pts
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator squad: 10 marines 1lascannon, 1missile launcher, 1heavybolter,1 multimelta - 275 pts

1490pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I will just touch upon a few subjects:

Give your chaplain a bolt pistol or plasma pistol or a second close combat weapon. The bolt pistol is the cheapest and it will give your hardest model one MORE attack. THAT WILL BE THE BEST POINTS YOU SPEND IN YOUR WHOLE LIST, IMHO...

With your dev squad, I would try to give them more focus. You have weapons that have varying ranges of 24", 36" and 48". Two of them are awesome anti-tank weapons (but with 48" and 24" ranges) and one is a good against terminators, light vehicles and bunched up troops (plasma cannon) and the ML is just a very versatile weapon. I commonly go with 4 ML in my Devs. The cost of Lascannons and plasma cannons make me faint, so I don't usually use them in Devs. The multi-melta is an awesome weapon, but the range is too short to make it viable in a dev squad unless you infiltrate them, probably.

Oh, and get MORE JUMP PACKS!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Junior Member blood of the past's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason the devastators have mixed weopons is because of there special rule of combat squads with allows them to break up into 2 units of 5 marines. So i will have one AT unit and one AI unit. Also the chaplain comes with bolt pistol + crozius arcanum as standard

But thanks allot for the advice as it is nice to here other peoples views

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

This seems like a pretty basic Blood Angels army. A couple of assault squads and some shooty to back it up.

The only thing I'd do is to give the Tac squad a rhino. Take advantage of the combat squads and stick on half in the rhino, leaving the missile launcher out to shoot away.

Your devvies probably could use a little more honing Exchange the Multi Melta for a Plasma Cannon, then use the combat squads rule to split into an anti tank and anti infantry unit.

4thEmperor: All Marines now come with BPs auto, so there's no issue with the chaplain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

They'd still be more effective if they didn't mix weapons up. The lascannon and multi-melta have wildly contradictory ranges and the missile launcher is a better tank hunter than infantry killer. You should aim for two ML's and two HB's if you want them to split up, but honestly I wouldn't split them up because, other than the power fist and the tactical squad's ML, they're your only anti-tank. I wouldn't waste them on anti-infantry when you have a perfectly good Death Company that can tear through anything smaller than a Monolith.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

~ Moved to the army list subforum

Edit- I agree with the Devos- I either go 4xMissle Launchers, 4x Heavy Bolters, or go all out with 3x Lascannons and a Plasma Cannon. Keeping them to a role, I feel, is better than giving a mixed range of weapons. On the other hand, it is a small point size, so maybe even double Missle Launchers and double Heavy Bolters will give that duel functionality you're looking for

The bikes also seem to have no part in the list, other than a few expensive wounds to get around.... if possible, with the left over 10 points you haven't used, take a special weapon for them- or you could take a flamer off your Veterans (who are on foot and struggling to flame stuff) and give to the bikes, as their movement makes the flamer easier to use effictively.

Other than that, looks good!
    Last edited by jONESIE; August 29th, 2007 at 09:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

+ Reply to Thread