2500 pt 'ard boyz tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 pt 'ard boyz tourney list

As my title goes I am entering the 'ard boyz tournament and I have put together a list that I am wanting to try.

HQ-HSO w/ plasma pistol, power weapon, iron discipline, master vox121pts
    GK hero w/icon of the just, 4 man retinue 244pts

Elites-Inquisitor w/ power weapon, retinue(3 warriors with 2 plasma and 1 melta) 2 sages, and familiar 131pts

Troops-JO w/iron discipline (for both platoons) 45pts each
    Platoon 1 5 squads w/ vox casters and g.launchers 370pts
    Platoon 2 3 squads w/ vox casters and plasma guns 225pts
    GK squad 5 men w/ 2 psy cannons 200pts

Fast Attack-2 sentinels w/ h. flamers, hunter killer missile 100pts
    2 sentinels w/ multilasers, hunter killer missile 110pts
    GK squad 5 men w/incinerators 170pts

Heavy Support-Leman Russ w/lascannon, h. bolter sponsons, extra armor 170pts
    Heavy Weapon Platoon w/ Fire support w/3 autocannons Fire support w/3 h. bolters JO has Iron Discipline 220pts
    Heavy weapon squads(these will be attached to command squad)
    Anti-tank w/3 lascannons 110pts
    Anti-tank w/3 missile launchers 95pts
    Spec weapon squads(attached to command squad)
    Squad 1 w/1 demo charges 45pts
    Squad 2 w/3 melta guns 80pts
    Total 2481
    Doctrines-Close Order Drill, Iron Discipline, Drop Troops, Special Weapon Squads, Heavy Weapon Squads

My general plan is to deep strike platoon 2, both sentinel squads, the GK squad with incinerators, and the special weapon squads with demo charges and melta guns. Everything else will form a standard gun line and(hopefully) last until I can deep strike enough of my men to batter them from behind or capture objectives. Feel free to offer some pointers, since that is why this is up here. If I can I may just make my deepstriking platoon commander have a melta gun or something to eat up some points and make him a bit more useful, but if anyone can give me a suggestion then I am open to it.

Last edited by The Foot; September 5th, 2007 at 17:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of problems real quick. You're limited to two special weapon squads maximum, because they can only be attached to the HQ command platoon, not just any officer platoon squad. Each special weapon squad is allowed a maximum of one demolition charge.

Also, there's a maximum of five support squads (of any type) being attached to the command platoon. You've got a total of 7. So you're going to have to cut some and then figure out what you're doing with the spare points.

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

man u sure like greyknights!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops

Ok, I fixed it, I thought platoon commanders could have support squads too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you're not planning to make up your russ's points. With it being the only definitive tank in your entire army, it's going to take a LOT of fire, and probably won't survive past the first shot (assuming you get first turn). I'd either cram a couple more tanks in, whether battle tanks or even smaller hellhounds, or drop the leman russ for a cheaper basilisk that you can hide behind terrain and make people WORK to kill it.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of hellhounds. The ability to toss a very strong flamer template 24 inches away and angle it oddly is amazing for ripping apart even heavily armored troops, and anything less than powered armor just cringes before its power.

Other than that, I think I'd probably add flamers or something to one of your minor command squads, and deep strike that as well. You've got four of them, that's plenty to keep a good leadership bubble while still having some flexibility to play with. When you can have a 5 man squad with 4 special weapons, that's enough to start causing some pretty major problems. And I'd also use hardened veterans instead of special weapons squads for meltaguns. The additional ballistic skill will make them more likely to take out their target before something else decides they're a big threat and chop them apart.

Other than that, looks pretty good. Personally I wouldn't soak so many points in grey knights, but I also know that they can be insanely effective if used properly, so they might be worth it.

I also find a tankless imperial guard army funny. The people with high cost weapons look at them and wonder what they're going to do to make up their points. Lascannon? You can kill...a guardsman. Congratulations for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aracor is right, pick up some more tanks, or drop the russ for a bassie or no tanks at all. Opponents do look rather confused when no tanks are deployed. They keep looking at you like "ok.....when is he going to deploy the Leman Russ, I know he has to have one or two". I would keep the GK, keep em back to help protect against assaulty units, or if facing a static shooting army, make em fast attack and DS them.

Lastly, get rid of the demo charge, it really is a one hit wonder that has a chance of scattering off and killing you. The only time I would use demo charges is in my infiltrating army of Last chancers who all have demo charges....mua ha ha ha. (That gets you even more puzzled looks when you are trying to get your guardsmen as close to marines as possible, then turn one they figure out why.);?
    Battlesuits, putting the BS in BullS*%t.

+ Reply to Thread