What I did at school today... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I did at school today...

Two hours into Calculus class I found out my quiz partner plays 40k and the conversation inspired me to make a couple lists when the teacher was talking about something or another.

HQ

101 Canoness (Blessed Wep, Cloak, Book, bolt pistol)
    60 Priest (power armor, power weapon, laspistol)

Elite

210 Arco-flagellants x 6

191 Celestians x 7 (heavy flamer, stormbolter, Imagifer)
    +1 VSS (master-crafted Eviscerator, bolt pistol)
    63 Rhino transport (extra armour, smoke launchers, dozer blades)

Troops

136 Battle Sisters Squad x 9 (2 flamers)
    +1 VSS

+1 VSS

Fast Attack

210 Seraphim x 7 (2 hand flamer pairs)
    +1 VSS (power weapon)

180 Seraphim x 4 (2 inferno pistol pairs, 5x meltabombs)
    +1 VSS (power weapon)

Heavy Support

151 Retributor Squad x 6 (4 Heavy bolters)

143 Exorcist tank (extra armour, smoke launchers)

Total Points: 1850 Starting Faith Points: 8

HQ

145 Canoness (master-crafted eviscerator, jump pack, cloak, book, inferno pistol)

Troops

+1 VSS

+1 VSS

+1 VSS

Fast Attack

+1 VSS (power weapon)

+1 VSS (power weapon)

258 Seraphim x 7 (2 inferno pistol pairs, 8x meltabombs)
    +1 VSS (power weapon)

Heavy Support

Total Points: 1849 Starting Faith Points: 8

The first list is almost like the one I've been playing lately and it has been hard to win with. It's good enough that every battle I've played is winable but it requires a lot of strategy (which is the point and is fun). I put the priest and canoness with the celestians and use the imagifer to either make the Eviscerator str 8 (yay insta-kill) or to give invul saves depending on the number/situation. Problem is even though I love the Arcos, they are just too slow to keep up as I have recently developed a sudden rush type strategy. (usually one rush on each table side with half my army when most appropriate) The plan often involves using regular troops as bait after shooting the counter charging with arcos/cels and HQ's but it usually doesnt work out that way. while the seraphim do their own thing (tank hunt, heavy weapons hunt or whatever i find appropriate)

The second list is just me piling on the cheese I think...the plan is to keep the seraphim behind the rhinos and then unload diving guidance from the battle sisters and charge with the seraphim should take care of most strong units. The Canoness will get to use the majority of the faith points here if she lives...but she gets 4 attacks on the charge with str 8 (yay insta-kill) and a 2+ invul save with faith points...character hunter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

You cannot have list advice until you prove your calculus education has not been compormised!

A Thunderhawk Gunship's engines are damaged by a railgun and one of them gets stuck in reverse thrust at t = 0 seconds and it begins to deccellerate at (t)^1/2 + 2*(t)^1/3 m/s/s until forward speed is zero. If its initial speed was 500km/h. How long until the Thunderhawk comes to a stop?

In order to move forward as far as he could the pilot was redirecting power from the vertical jets above. Vertical thrust is described by 9.8m/s/s - (t/10)^1/2.

Assuming terran gravity and an initial altitude of 120m, how far does the thunderhawk go before it hits the ground?
    Last edited by InquisitorAffe; September 18th, 2007 at 05:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a hurry but i have a Q...would the vertical thrust engines convert the energy according the the equation 9.8m/s/s - (t/10)^1/2 ? I just wanna double check that I read that right now and Ill do your problem later today...Im taking calculus now (class just started) but AP physics was when I was 16...Here's a problem for you, find out how long ago that was.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

That's actually rather poorly worded on my part, what I get for writing quick physics questions during my lunch break, and here I am doing it again!

Thrust is a force, and I called it thrust then gave it units of acceleration! It should say 'acceleration due to the vertical component of the thrust is (9.8 - (t/10) ^1/2) m/s/s'

Which in terran gravity which would cause acceleration of -9.8 m/s/s that close to the surface, means you're simply falling at an increasing rate of t/10 ^ 1/2. Easy question when worded properly! It probably won't be much of a dramatic crash. MIght even stop moving horizontally long before hitting the ground, I didn't check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, just got home, I'll do this quick before bed.

I took the integral of the accelleration you gave and got -2/3*t^(3/2) - 3/2t^(4/3) + C and that is equal to the velocity at any given time. Since at t=0, V = 138.889m/s (almost forgot to convert from km/h ;o) then C must equal 138.889 as well. Using the integral I got I then set it equal to zero (this would represent when the velocity is equal to zero) and the only variable then was t. I got t = 19.7801 seconds as the time that the velocity is at zero.

(in this paragraph all variables are taken from a verticle point of veiw using upwards as positive)For the second part i set V (at any time) equal to the initial velocity + the accelleration mutliplied by time as: V = Vi + a*t. Taking the integral of this I got d = Vi*t + 1/2 * a * t^2. I solved for t and got 10.7565 seconds as the time it took the Thunderhawk to hit the ground.

(In this paragraph all variables are taken as horizontal using the original direction of the ship as positive) I set the average velocity equal to the average velocity as shown: d/t = (Vt +Vi)/2. Using t as 10.7565 I plugged it into the very first integral I took to solve for Vt and plugged both t and Vt into this last equation and solved for d. I got d = 1175.91 meters.

How's that? Had to derive all of the equations that I couldn't get form just what makes sense since I can't remember anything from physics, but if I made a mistake I think it's prolly from not checking my work...I gotta get up early and go to Calculus tomorrow, lol.
    Last edited by joecool; September 19th, 2007 at 06:34. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Your second list is "riskey" I think...

Not sure if three squads of Seras are not too much. They are good, but not that good... Think of what enemies can throw at you with their 1850pt lists.... Termies, swarms of gaunts, Harlequins, gazzilion of skimmers, Pie-plates... You have three troop squads that are weak in CC, and three expensive assault squds. Three Exos are good, but not sure how long they will last... Riskey I tell you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya i think Im just too used to facing space marines where a divine guidance and a seraphim rush can usually just about eliminate a single unit.

+ Reply to Thread