Fluffy/Competitive Hybrid - 1750pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluffy/Competitive Hybrid - 1750pts

Hi, this is my final incantation of my semi fluffy/competitive army. I know what environment i will be playing in; pretty much only 4+ cover saves, and large buildings with the occasional patch of something else. Light infantry is to react to the opponents rules, and to counter the house rule at the gaming club where i am not allowed to deploy in upper floors in turn 1, having to move up in turn 1, sacrificing a round of shooting. The command squad is fluffy, and fun for me, but it can also be effective. Cameloline gives me a real nice 3+ save for almost every unit. The Stormtroopers are muli-purpose, dropping behind enemies, rapid firing a sneaking up assault squad or demon prince to soften them up, or to get into close combat with Tau or Imperial guard, who they should perform reasonably well, and mess up their gunline by charging 3 units at once. *fire wariors, cough, cough* Well, here it is:
    p.s. is it wise to max out on plasma like i did? and also do i have enough anti tank power? btw. The mission is a cleanse mission hybrid, that effectively makes it the same as a Seek And Destroy mission for all intents and purposes.

101st Corhan - 1750pts (IMPERIAL GUARD)
    Doctrines:
    -Close order drill
    -Storm Trooper Squads
    -SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: Cameleoline
    -Light Infantry

-RESTRICTED TROOPS: Sanctioned Pyskers

H.Q SQUAD (225pts)
    Lord General Herius Alexander
    Heroic Senior Officer-Power Weapon, with trademark item, (85pts)
    4 guard,
    Her Imperial Highness Electra Augustus Sanctioned Psyker-Honorfica Imperialis, force weapon,

Commissar Mendoza Ventris Commissar- Power fist, bolt pistol
    FRAG GRENADES
    SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: CAMELEOLINE

ANTI-TANK SUPPORT SQUAD (130pts)
    3 lascannons
    -light infantry

HARDENED VETERANS (150pts)

1 sergeant with power weapon and plasma pistol, 9 veterans, 3 plasma Guns, 1 heavy bolter

INFANTRY PLATOON
    Command (80pts)

Lieutenant Lukas Schmidt junior officer, power weapon, (45pts)
    -4 guardsmen

-missile launcher
    -light infantry

Squad 1 (100pts)

-1 plasma gun
    -1 heavy bolter
    -light infantry

Squad 2 (105pts)
    -1 plasma gun
    -1 auto cannon
    -light infantry

INFANTRY PLATOON
    Command (85pts)
    Lieutenant Jurgen Angelos junior officer, power weapon and storm bolter (50pts)
    -4 guardsmen

-missile launcher
    -light infantry

Squad 1 (100pts)
    -1 plasma gun
    -1 heavy bolter
    -light infantry

Squad 2 (105pts)
    -1 plasma gun
    -1 auto cannon
    -light infantry

Storm Trooper Squad (151pts)
    - Veteran sergeant with power weapon and plasma pistol
    - 9 Men
    - 2 plasma guns
    -deep strike

LEMAN RUSS BATTLE TANK (146pts)
    -1 hull heavy bolter
    -searchlight

LEMAN RUSS BATTLE TANK (146pts)
    -1 hull heavy bolter
    -searchlight

HELLHOUND (116pts)
    -Searchlight

BASILISK (125pts)
    -indirect fire

TOTAL OF 1751pts

Last edited by Imperator100; September 25th, 2007 at 11:48. Reason: forgot to add something...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No replies?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO REPLIES??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 18 views, and no one can be bothered to post a comment???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

32 views and not a single reply? Do people hate me all of a sudden?

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

well it would help if we knew the sort of fluff your going for, they seem a bit similar to the tanith first and only with their added elements of lord general Lugos life gurds durin sabbat marter
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my fluff, what about ideas for my army list???
    101st Corhan

My regiment's homeworld, Corhan, is located on the borders of the Segmentum Solar and the Segmentum Obscurus, halfway to Cadia From Armageddon. Founded in the years before the Horus Heresy, Corhan prospered, and witnessed little fighting in the horus heresy due to its many, well disciplined regiments and battleships protecting the system. A major part of Corhan's defence lies in the fact that a warp storm engulfed the region for exactly half the horus heresy, thus shielding Corhan from the traitor legions' remorseless assaults.

During abbadon's black crusade, Corhan constantly sent several regiments to aid Cadia and nearby systems. Also in the 41st millienium, Corhan experienced its first Dark Eldar raid. It has since been been better prepared. During the second raid, the Corhan PDF pushed back the Dark Eldar, while the populace where sheltered in Fortress cities across Corhan.

The most notable Corhan regiment, the 101st has been known for its discipline and faith in the Imperial Cause. The regiment has seen much action, and only accepts new recruits straight from Corhan. The regiment has fought the Tau empire on several occasions in the eastern fringe of the Imperium, and inflicted humiliating defeats on them. At one time, The regiment destroyed a raid by the Eldar Craftworld of the Ulthwee with the aid of the 3rd Falladonian Rifles on the agricultural world Fenthia, when it was policing the local populace during a rebellion.

The 101st's Regimental Commander, Lord Herius Alexander is still alive to this day, and has won fame and accord, when he fought the orks on Armageddon, and pushed back a Night Lords raid on the island world of Tanhelia, with the assistance of Tanhelian PDF Regiments, and the Space Marine chapter of the Raven Guard. The armour of the regiment is typically cadian issue, but with different regimental colours, symbols, and flak armour colour, due to Corhan importing Massive ammounts of Cadian equipment in return for exporting raw materials to Cadia to assist in the War Effort.

The majority of the regiment is stationed on the planetary system of Balius Prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any replies now???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

First of all, chill out. Constantly bumping your post doesn't make people want to reply any faster than they normally would. In fact, I would venture to say it does the opposite. I know how it is to want feedback as soon as possible, but seriously. Relax. 40K will will be here, even if it takes a year for people to reply.

Anyway.

HQ- If you're doing this stuff for fluff then go for it. Personally, I hate sanctioned psykers, though I admit, if I absolutely had to use one, I'd use it the way you have yours set up.

Elites- Hardened Vets are a good choice. I like the layout, maybe not so much on the plasma pistol for your Sgt. You got plenty of plasma there. Stormtroopers, same deal.

Troops- I like the choices here for your line squads.

Fast Attack- Nothing wrong with having a Hellhound. Extra Armor is a good upgrade here.

Heavy Support- No sponson Heavy Bolters on your Leman Russ'? At the very least it allows you to remove more weapons before taking off your main gun. Also, should you choose not to fire the big gun, that's 9 Heavy Bolter shots. That's an entire Fire support squad. Extra Armor is a good upgrade here as well.

Also, if you're worried that you don't have enough anti-armor, you can always switch your autocannons for a missile launcher at the same cost. I personally think you're okay.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by SimulatedSnowman; September 29th, 2007 at 09:53.
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx for the advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any other advice?