Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 Points Angry Marines

871 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  meh 
#1 ·
This army is heavy on the fluff, but I dunno, it may work rather well, time will tell. I will be trying this one out soon to see if it is even worth making the models...

Angry Marines Chapter Master Power Fist a Plasma Pistol and Termy Honors
HQ Squad Sarge a Power fist, a Plasma Pistol and Termy Honors
HQ Apothecary with Termy Honors
HQ Standard Bearer with Termy Honors
HQ Company Champion with a Bolt Pistol, a Combat Shield, a Power Weapon (A power wrench) and Termy Honors
HQ Plasma Gun guy with Termy Honors
HQ 4 Additional Members with Bolt Pistols and Termy Honors
Mounted in a Drop Pod With a Deathwind Launcher

HQ Total: 545

Elites

Veteran Sarge With a Power fist, a Plasma Pistol and Termy Honors
One Veteran with Power fist and Bolt Pistol and Termy Honors
One Veteran with Plasma Gun and Termy Honors
Two Veterans with Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons and Termy Honors
Mounted in a Drop Pod

One Venerable Dreadnought with Furious Assault, Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer
Mounted in a Drop Pod

One Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer

Elites Total: 655

Troops

Two Squads with Veteran Sargents with Power Fists and Plasma Pistols
Each with a Plasma Gun Trooper
Six additional Marines per squad
Both Mounted in Drop Pods

Troops Total: 400

Total: 1500

Points should be just right. Fun times will be had! Particularly with the 6 powerfists running around...

See less See more
#2 ·
I have little time so I'm going to say this

the chapter master only needs a power weapon, bolt pistol and termie honours, powerfist gets rid of his awesome Initiate and plaspistol can kill him

go bolt pistol, powerweapon, T-honours on him, cheap effective and great LD modifier!

oh and the entire command squad doesn't need the apothecary or the termie honours, thats to much of a point sink! *never pay GK for Meqs!*

the Apothecary is better for shooting squads with plasma, and that squad only needs the searges plasma (and he is your powerfist, so plasma might not be so good)

lose the deathwind launcher on the pod, it's only 12" range and shoots like an ork, not really worth it!

take my advice, and lose the fist toting Master! (fist can stay on searge though)!

#4 ·
I'm now ready to rate the entire army

This army is heavy on the fluff, but I dunno, it may work rather well, time will tell. I will be trying this one out soon to see if it is even worth making the models...

Angry Marines Chapter Master Power Fist a Plasma Pistol and Termy Honors
HQ Squad Sarge a Power fist, a Plasma Pistol and Termy Honors
HQ Apothecary with Termy Honors
HQ Standard Bearer with Termy Honors
HQ Company Champion with a Bolt Pistol, a Combat Shield, a Power Weapon (A power wrench) and Termy Honors
HQ Plasma Gun guy with Termy Honors
HQ 4 Additional Members with Bolt Pistols and Termy Honors
Mounted in a Drop Pod With a Deathwind Launcher

try and do what I said before, and get rid of the deathwind, a droppod is nice, but the deathwind sucks period, it's giving you foe 25VP instead of the slitely safer 15VP

HQ Total: 545

Elites

Veteran Sarge With a Power fist, a Plasma Pistol and Termy Honors
One Veteran with Power fist and Bolt Pistol and Termy Honors
One Veteran with Plasma Gun and Termy Honors
Two Veterans with Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons and Termy Honors
Mounted in a Drop Pod

this seems to be an assaulting unit, just take away the T-honours and plasmagun, maybe a meltagun? (your podding, so assault weapons are your freind against tanks! aka rear armour shots!)

One Venerable Dreadnought with Furious Assault, Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer
Mounted in a Drop Pod

just keep the asscannon, take awat furious charge, and add extra armour, walking death machine! (FC only give him +1 I with his strength 10, so it's wasted and anything that could hurt him strikes either way before you (hive tyrants, harlies, stealers) and everything else that can hurt you, strikes after you (fex's, powerfist and whatnot)

One Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer

what about the POD? and get rid of multimelta, asscannon is your friend! so is extra armour

Elites Total: 655

Troops

Two Squads with Veteran Sargents with Power Fists and Plasma Pistols
Each with a Plasma Gun Trooper
Six additional Marines per squad
Both Mounted in Drop Pods

hehe, plasma death, if your so plasma oriented might as well use the trait that gives you double plasma (cleanse and purify, I believe) cause BURN!! BABY!! BURN!! PLASMA INFERNO!!

Troops Total: 400

Total: 1500

Points should be just right. Fun times will be had! Particularly with the 6 powerfists running around...
good all in all, sept you might want a libby instead, because fear of darkness in a pod is awesome!

just remember some of your force won't arrive when you need it to, so it's a gamble every game!

#5 ·
Just thought I would point this out, seeing as its gone over everyone else's heads: 655+545+400=1600 not 1500

#6 ·
I think you should take out all the plas pistols on the models with fists. Instead, do what Zriker said and take 'cleanse and purify' for a second plas gun, and also make the changes to the chapter master

#7 ·
Wow, full 1/3 of your list is wrapped up in one squad! Talk about all your eggs in one basket, you have way too many upgrades and options for this command squad at this point level. Plus when they do land they really don't have much firepower to poor forth, nothing is rapid fire, you do have three plasma shots, but two of them are on models you don't want to lose. I usually don't have a problem with overheating plasma until a sarg or character picks one up, then look out.

Does the second dread have a drop pod? If not he needs one as he will be alone on the table for two maybe three turns.

I would drop the vets and get another troop drop pod and fill them all to ten, plus you could fix the points error and give the other dread a ride too.

As Rannon has suggested, cleanse and purify would rock in this list, just have to find the points somewhere, like from the command squad. ;)

#8 ·
Well if your playing angry marines I think that you should use take the fight to them and upgrade your bolter carying marines to bolt pistol and chainsword simply because its more angry. Also if you give all those powerfist toting characters another it would make the list even more angry. A plasma pistol is good but a powerfist is angrier.

not angry Angry
shooting Assualt

Also the more powerful the wepon the more angry it is. But this is only if your playing for the fluff of angry marines with no thought of winning or balance only anger.

:angry: Always angry, All the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.