[1500]Black Templar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500]Black Templar

Hq
    Marshal,Plasma p , P/w, Mastercrafted Plasma-125
    Marshal,Plasma p , P/w-110
    Chaplain Master , Plasma p-125
    Chaplain Master , Plasma p-125
    8 Command squad , 2 melta,Champion-168
    8 Command squad , 2 melta,Champion-168
    Rhino,Smoke,Extra-58
    Rhino,Smoke,Extra-58

Elites
    Dread,Drop-135
    Dread,Drop-135

Troops
    5 Crus Laz-95
    5 Crus Laz-95
    5 Crus Laz-95

As you can see my troops will sit back and shoot enemy tanks while my 2 Rhinos charge the enemy and pop smoke ASAP
    Mission-get into CC asap;Dreads will hold off small targets while Hq squads will kill enemy Hq or Elites

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm.... To start off with you list is completely illegal. You can have 2 HQ choices not 4.

The Marshal's and their squads are fine but you have 2 chaplains as well which you can't have also you don't have a emperors champion which is compulsory for games of 750pts and over. The command squads should have their sergeant with PF and BP the champions fine though. I'd wouldn't take the command squad but your choice.

Dreads are fine but could use with A heavy flamer.

Troops are again fine but should probably be 6 man each and have plasma gun.

Once you get rid of those two Chaplins or marshal's whichever you should have the points for a initiate squad with PF and melta gun in drop pod. This will give you some more CC capability.

hope this helps;Y
    Never broken, Never fallen, Courage out of fear.
    "Those who give up often do not realize just how close they are to success when they give up."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules

Quote Originally Posted by grimaldus53 View Post
    Umm.... To start off with you list is completely illegal. You can have 2 HQ choices not 4.
    Pg 22 of the Black Templars codex under Black templar Characters... They allow you to take Mashal command squad Chaplain and Rhino as a single Hq choice... I have 2 so it it LEGAL
    The Marshal's and their squads are fine but you have 2 chaplains as well which you can't have also you don't have a emperors champion which is compulsory for games of 750pts and over. The command squads should have their sergeant with PF and BP the champions fine though. I'd wouldn't take the command squad but your choice.
    with what im doing i must take command squad or i cant take 2 marshals and 2 chaplains
    Dreads are fine but could use with A heavy flamer.

Troops are again fine but should probably be 6 man each and have plasma gun.

Once you get rid of those two Chaplins or marshal's whichever you should have the points for a initiate squad with PF and melta gun in drop pod. This will give you some more CC capability.

hope this helps;Y
    PG 22 BLACK TEMPLAR CODEX under characters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Actually, from what I can tell, the list is 90% legal. Strange, but legal. The HQ is fine, but he is missing his Emperor's Champion, which makes the list illegal. The BTs have the option of taking a chaplain with another HQs command squad.

First, you need an EC, so get that in there somewhere.

Second, in general, I think the list is OK. But 3 lascannons won't last long without having a seroius CC punch somewhere, and you really don't have it, which is shocking for a BT list. 10 marines (even with 2 characters in them) just don't last long when PWs or PFs start flailing around. And, being fearless in CC means that they are stuck wherever they are in CC. Which leads me to the point that you NEED A PF in every squad in the BTs. No choice because you can get stuck fighting a dread or something that you can't hurt, and can never run from.

The dreads are fine, but you need EA so you can get into combat the turn after you drop, because you will be shaken at least. Flamers are optional, but great!.

The troops section is sparse, to say the least. I usually run 30-40 marines here, so your 15 seem a bit low to me. They work, but for really cheap you can get a plasma gun, too. I'd look into that.

In general, while it's OK, think you've just spent too much in HQs without providing the necessary punch in other places. Plus, you need an EC. I'd be happy with my chances if I ran up against this list with my BTs and/or Tau in a tournament. I think it would be relatively easy to get good points against this list with your lack of scoring units (7) and long range threats (especially with the BTs having a -1 penalty and all). I would shave those HQ squads down, and use the points in CC troops.

My two cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k

Ok i was just posting this to see if its a good idea or not

New list
    HQ
    Emperor's Champion,Accet any challenge-140
    Chaplain,Plasma p,3 Cenobyte Serv,Holy Orb of Antioch,Frag-166

Troops
    10 Crusader 10 Neophyte, P/F,Flamer-281
    5 Crusader 5 Neophyte,P/F,Flamer-151
    10 Crusader 10 Neaphyte, P/F,Flamer-281
    Rhino-50

Elites
    Dread,H/F,D/P-145

Heavy Support
    Vindicator,extra,smoke-133
    Predator Annihilator,Laz,smoke,extra-153

Total-1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor_aX View Post
    Ok i was just posting this to see if its a good idea or not

New list
    HQ
    Emperor's Champion,Accet any challenge-140
    Chaplain,Plasma p,3 Cenobyte Serv,Holy Orb of Antioch,Frag-166
    plasma pistols are 2 dangerous give him a boltpistol and meltabombs instead
    Troops
    10 Crusader 10 Neophyte, P/F,Flamer-281
    5 Crusader 5 Neophyte,P/F,Flamer-151
    10 Crusader 10 Neaphyte, P/F,Flamer-281
    get rid of the rhino and flamers and give them troops meltaguns
    Rhino-50

Elites
    Dread,H/F,D/P-145

Heavy Support
    Vindicator,extra,smoke-133
    Dont use the Vindi there unreliable and draw a lot of fire try land speeders with assualt cannons
    Predator Annihilator,Laz,smoke,extra-153

Total-1500
    Hope that helps
    I can be 2 things at once.
    Gods gift to the world, and his biggest mistake

+ Reply to Thread