>.> A very weird army concept! 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>.> A very weird army concept! 1500pts

<.< Mkay, so... Being slightly insane; I have been inspired to write up an army list based on the anime, Claymore. For those that don't know <,< uhm... I'm sorry to subject you to my randomness! For those that do know, cool, you can help! >_<;

So anyway, first a list of "Counts-As" as to what I'm intending - also remember, that while its very much inspired by Claymore, I intend for it to mesh well with the 40k setting. The story I'm going with "thus far" is a Radical Inquisitor who is trying to use Chaos-infused mortals as daemon slayers. Needless to say, the Imperium considers him a heretic and hunts him ruthlessly. Battle Sisters are, in this case, his personal guard, who stayed loyal to him after he was declared Heretic. (Some are actual Battle Sisters, others are stormtroopers with stolen equipment)

Inquisitor Lord - Obviously, the Inquisitor, his henchmen are intended to be neophytes who have just been given their powers. They still have little control over them however, and the Chirugens are both medics and handlers, should one get out of control.

Death Cult Assassins - Full fledged Claymores, infused with enough Chaos power to pose a significant threat to most individual opponents.

Callidus Assassin - A "Single digit" Claymore - extremely powerful.

Daemonhosts - "Awakened" Claymores - basically ones who've been infused with so much warp energy that they've begun to transform into Daemons/mutants themselves; but have retained enough will to fight at the Inquisitor's request, rather than just lashing out at everyone.

Exorcists - Probably some variety of daemon engine or super-huge awakened battle-creature. Not exactly sure yet, but I realize the list is going to need some anti-tank firepower no matter what I do <,<

So here it is: I'm currently planning to shrink the I-Lords retinue a bit; and may do some other alterations, but I want an opinion before I do that >.>

HQ: Inquisitor Lord and Retinue – 3 Crusaders, 2 Chirugens, 2 Acolytes w/ Carapace Armor, Power Weapons, Power Weapon for I-Lord, Purgatas; Rhino Transport

Troops:

10 Battle Sisters w/ Rhino, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer

Elites:

3 Death Cult Assassins

3 Daemonhosts

Callidus Temple Assassin

Heavy Support:

Exorcist

Exorcist

6 Retributors w/ 4 Heavy Bolters

All opinions above are just that, opinions; you are free to agree or disagree as you like. Recognize too that your own opinions are just that, opinions, and will be agreed with or disagreed with at the leisure of the above poster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

As a fluffy list, I say it's pretty decent. As a Witch Hunter/ decently competative list, I'm not so sure. All my following comments are based on making the list more competitive, but still trieing to keep it Claymore-y.

First of all, your list comes to 1505 points, now I know the guys I play with would be cool with that, but some people are really pickey on points. Now lets take a look at your list!

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
    HQ: Inquisitor Lord and Retinue – 3 Crusaders, 2 Chirugens, 2 Acolytes w/ Carapace Armor, Power Weapons, Power Weapon for I-Lord, Purgatas; Rhino Transport
    Very pricey squad. This squad alone accounts for 1/6th of your force... not the best points spent if you ask me. First of all, I would lose the Acolytes as they do the same thing as Crusaders, but they cost more, and have weaker armour. Next I would pick up 1 Familiar, as initiative is a very important thing these days.

For the Inquisitor Lord I would give him a bolt pistol... its 1 pt for 1 Attack!!!

Heres a comment for your whole list:

For all Rhinos, it is always worth while to give them extra armour and smoke launchers, and only adds on 8 points!!!

The sisters need an extra meltagun so drop the Heavy Flamer. Give one squad 2 Meltaguns and the other squad 2 Stormbolters. Heavy Flamer are only usefull for pre-assaults (unless you're using Dominion squads, but thats a whole different story). Also, give both squads a Veteran Sister Souperior as Faith can pull your A** out of the frying pan.

See comments above for Rhinos.

3 Death Cult Assassins

3 Daemonhosts

Callidus Temple Assassin
    These are fine, if only for fluff pourposes. Drop one Death Cult to make room (in points) for the suggested changes.

Exorcist

Exorcist

6 Retributors w/ 4 Heavy Bolters
    Gotta love the Exorcists!!!

I would give the Retributors a Veteran Sister Souperior (as you'll want a certin act of faith for these 'gals), and a Imagifer (so that you can get that faith off).

This all comes to 1498 and makes the list more reasonable (IMO).

Good luck with the themed army!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Blade View Post
    The sisters need an extra meltagun so drop the Heavy Flamer. Give one squad 2 Meltaguns and the other squad 2 Stormbolters. Heavy Flamer are only usefull for pre-assaults (unless you're using Dominion squads, but thats a whole different story).
    Can hardly agree on this with you - you want to get into 12" range to fire your bolters anyway. Yes, you are not going to charge, but you will get charged if the target squads makes it to its own assault phase. You might as well get a bit closer to use HFlamers. You are swapping out 2 bolter shots for at least (I cannot imagine less than 3 or 4) AUTO-HITS with flamer template. Perfect for DG! Actually - Flamers are THE preferred weapons of Sisters. I would actually argue that SBolters are useless in Rhino-moving Sister squads (they do work in on-foot squads or Dominion Squads that deploy/move separate from their transports).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokWawelski View Post
    Can hardly agree on this with you - you want to get into 12" range to fire your bolters anyway. Yes, you are not going to charge, but you will get charged if the target squads makes it to its own assault phase. You might as well get a bit closer to use HFlamers. You are swapping out 2 bolter shots for at least (I cannot imagine less than 3 or 4) AUTO-HITS with flamer template. Perfect for DG! Actually - Flamers are THE preferred weapons of Sisters. I would actually argue that SBolters are useless in Rhino-moving Sister squads (they do work in on-foot squads or Dominion Squads that deploy/move separate from their transports).
    Heh, very true. I think I was still thinking Imperial Guard when I wrote this... However, the squad will preform better if they have the same type of weapon (i.e. 2 Meltaguns, 2 Storm Bolters or a Flamer and Heavy Flamer).

I really like the Storm Bolter personally, and think it's one of the more flexable upgrades for the sisters because it gives them no specific role from the start, but they still add something to the squad (other than points )
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Uhhh, I don't know - I would actually spent 10pts on a Power Weapon for a Vet instead of SBolters myself if I had points to burn (or a Melta, but lately I come around to like the Power Weapon more)...

+ Reply to Thread