Possible 2000 point Witch hunters: - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible 2000 point Witch hunters:

I know that I haven't even got my 1500 point list together yet, but I'm only 3 models away and I'm already planning my next points jump. All the things I haven't got yet are in red:

HQ:345

106: Canoness:Blessed weapon, Book, Jump pack and frags.
    151:Inquisitor Lord (Bolter and CA): 2 veterans with plasmaguns, 1 veteran with meltagun, 1 .......acolyte with CA and Bolter, 2 chirurgeons.
    88: Chimera: Heavy bolter, multi-laser and smoke.

Elites:330

90 : 5 Celestians with Multimelta
    120 : 3 Death Cult assassins
    120 : Callidus assassin

Troops:578
    209: 10 sisters with vet(book), meltagun, heavy flamer and rhino (EA and Smoke)
    209: 10 sisters with vet(book), meltagun, heavy flamer and rhino (EA and Smoke)
    160 : 6 stormtroopers with 2 meltaguns and a Chimera with Heavy bolter, Multi-laser and EA

Fast attack:407
    225: 8 Seraphim with vet (eviscerator) and 2 hand flamers
    182: 6 Seraphim with vet (eviscerator) and 1 inferno pistol

Heavy Support:340
    135: Exorcist
    135: 6 Retributors with vet (stormbolter) and 3 heavy bolters
    70 : Immolator with Heavy bolters

Total Points: 2000
    Faith points: 8
    Total Models: 63 infantry and 6 tanks

I didn't take a second Exorcist for a number for reasons:
    • I don't have a second model to represent one, as I got mine off of Ebay and I couldn't convert another.
    • Where I play, there are few tanks, or the ones that are there are just transports.
    • I think that its a bit unfluffy to take 2 Exorcists.
    My inquisitor was originally just an elites inquisitor, but I promoted him to a Lord so i could have a spare elites slot. That does make him a tad expensive, but he can do a lot of damage.

Last edited by God octo; October 4th, 2007 at 22:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I know that I haven't even got my 1500 point list together yet, but I'm only 3 models away and I'm already planning my next points jump. All the things I haven't got yet are in red:
    I must be color blind today cause I don't see any red. Anywho...

88: Chimera: Heavy bolter, multi-laser and smoke.
    Perhaps some extra armour?

Whats the purpose of the Immolator, who's it transporting? If its just there because you have it, I'd take it out and put in more Retributors/heavy bolters.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops! I got distracted previewing my post, only to discover that it was full of random smilies.

I would have added extra armour to the chimera, but I was 5 points over in my list and it seemed the easiest thing to drop.

The Immy is there to add some longer range fire support, and it has been very valuable in the games where it has been present. I can also use it to transport the Rets, in case I need to capture a table quarter etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Looking at this, if you dropped the Immolator, and the extra two sisters off the Retributor squad, you could get a second Retributor squad with 3 heavy bolters and have enough extra points for the extra armour on that first tank.

Granted you'd lose the ability to get them into the Immy, course you wouldn't be able to put them in there until there squad size decreased.

But it'd be more heavy bolters, and if split nicely on either side of the board could be great way to control your enemy.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I am looking over the list trying to see what I do not like about this, and aside the fact that IMHO you do NEED a second Exo in battles of over 1000-1200pts, all seems solid. Only one thing I would possibly consider is to take the Immy out and use it as a Rhino to replace Chimera for Stormies. I do not think that MM Immies are that great, but then,

Saved points could be used on more Rets, extra armor and other stuff... I reckon that you will be moving Chimera 12" out and trying to melt some armor with the Stormies. In such case yo will not be shooting with the Chimera lasers anyhow, so Rhino would be just as good. I know - armor 12 on the front is nice, but aren't the sides weaker (at like 10)?

+ Reply to Thread