Librarium Online Forums banner

[1500] Raven Guard

459 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  NiteRabbit 
#1 ·
Hiya all,

So I was thinking of doing a Raven Guard army as my next project, and I wanted to run it by you all and see what your thoughts were.

The traits are:
- Blessed Be the Warriors
- No Mercy, No Respite
- Flesh Over Steel

HQ
--
Captain
- Pair of Lightning Claws
- Terminator Honours
- Iron Halo
- Jump Pack
Total: 150 points

Elites
------
10 Assault Marines
- Furious Charge
- 2x Flamer
- Veteran Sergeant w/Power Fist
Total: 292 points

Troops
------
10 Tactical Marines
- Furious Charge
- Flamer
- Veteran Sergeant w/Power Weapon
- Rhino w/Extra Armour, Smoke Launcher
Total: 269 points

10 Tactical Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Missile Launcher
Total: 170 points

6 Scouts
- Missile Launcher
Total: 88 points

6 Scouts
- Missile Launcher

6 Scouts
- Missile Launcher

Fast Attack
-----------
Land Speeder
- Multi-Melta
Total: 65 points

Land Speeder Tornado
- Assault Cannon
Total: 80 points

Heavy Support
-------------
10 Devastator Marines
- 4x Heavy Bolter
Total: 210 points

So yes, I think it's pretty fluffy. The Heavy Bolter squad has enough range to keep pace with the rest of the army so I think it can stay; I'm perfectly willing to accept suggestions though.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
looks pretty solid to me. i have suggestions but feel free to ignore them.

what i would do- not necessarily whats best- is take the flamer out of the tactical squad with furious assault and give that sergeant a power fist.

the other squad could use a lascannon instead of a missile launcher- it makes a difference when str. 8 only glances armor 14 1/6 of the time, and a glance only has a 1/6 chance of destroying the vehicle. the multi-melta on the landspeeder is good for anti-tank, but landspeeders are notoriously fragile and i think it would be nice to have more reliable and long range anti-tank.

the scouts could benefit from being snipers, giving you the ability to pin, and also giving the squad members without a missile launcher a better functioning range without needing to move (which cripples the missile launcher).

alternately, you could drop all three scout squads and add a power armored marines with lascannons- either 3 X 5 man tactical or 1 X 10 man devastator. these would chew tanks apart and free your 10 man tactical squad from its heavy weapon

i realize my suggestions branch off in different directions, but I think your army could benefit from them. You'll have to work on making the points fit though.

edit: i forgot that raven guard traits are locked in. i had suggested that you don't need blessed be the warriors, but silly me, you're raven guard. You have no choice.

#4 ·
STOP THEIVING MY ARMIES YOU GOIT!

Ahem.

Mostly good though, and it's not really that similar to mine overall...

Not hugely fond of the Rhino/FC squad, but could be worth a try. I definately reccomend a Fist rather than a weapon.

Your Captain needs Frags buddy. For one point, they are essential.

Otherwise, lovely.

-t.

PS. Thief.

#5 ·
I am so not a thief. And I'll prove it!

*Replaces black colour scheme with pure white*

*Replaces all Tactical Marines with bikers*

*Replaces all western flavour with eastern flavour*

*Changes name to White Scars*

Hah! Different! See?! SEE?!

*ahem*

I'll work on the re-working of this list. Perhaps another time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.