1500pt SM List Suggestions... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt SM List Suggestions...

Hi all, the following is my list. Please advise on any improvements you see that can be made. It is designed to be a more balanced list with heavy tank busting capability.

Honor your wargear, Death before dishonor
    HQ
    Epistolary, Term Rmor, Fury of the ancients, Fear of the darkness, Familiar, Lightning Claws, Term Honors=219

Term Command squad (4 strong), Tank Hunter, 2 X Assault cannons=212

Elites
    Devastator Squad (7 strong), Sgt, Power Fist, Telehomer, Auspex, 4 X Missile Launchers, Infiltrate=243

Devastator Squad (7 strong), Sgt, Power Fist, Telehomer, Auspex, 4 X Missile Launchers, Infiltrate=243
    Troops

Tac Squad (5 Strong), Sergeant, Power Fist, Plasma Gun=115

Tac Squad (5 Strong), Sergeant, Power Fist, Plasma Gun=115

Fast Attack

Attack Bike Squadron (2 Strong) w/ 2 Multimeltas=130

Attack Bike Squadron (2 Strong) w/ 2 Multimeltas=130

Landspeeder Tornado w Heavy bolter/Assault Cannon=80

Total 1487.

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Superlunchbox; October 13th, 2007 at 01:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

I will edit my suggestions into this post in a second. But first of all: quickly get rid of those individual points costs!! That's against the rules and very illegal! Leave out the points costs or only give those for entire units, but not for single pieces of wargear, please!

Edit: [Sorry if that sounded harsh. But I thought if I was quick you could take care of this matter before any else would take offence.]

Now, hi there!

As for my comments: I think your list, unfortunately, is very vulnerable. You have quite a low model count and too much equipment in my opinion.
    I deem your HQ too expensive, for example. If you really depend on I6 and the expensive lightning claws then maybe you should at least drop the points from tank hunters. Note that you would have to pay for one more model (your epistolary, see the terminator command squad entry) in order to claim any benefits from this special rule anyhow. The assault cannons will do fine enough ripping apart vehicle armor. It's unnecessarily multi-purpose in my opinion.
    You could add another marine if you drop some auspex. Auspex will probably not help you much anyhow (the infiltrating enemy will be at least 18" away if in line of sight, so you will have to roll a 19+ on 4d6 which isn't too likely to happen), so it's fine to have it when the points are leftover anyhow, but if you can have something better instead I suggest dropping it.
    Your tactical squads are a little small. Besides that, they will want to catch up with your devastators and as such be on the move, thus unable to shoot their plasma guns further than 12". When within 12" they will probably want their powerfist to come to action and will opt to assault thus refraining from shooting the plasma gun? I think they are quite an investment in a unit designed for assaults. Of course I could be misinterpreting and maybe your tactical squads won't be on the move much and won't be on the lookout for an assault (though they are your only countercharge unit apart from the terminators).
    Attack bikes are very good when attached to bike squads but in squads of their own they do not do too well. Especially with the multimelta they will need to come within 24" of their target for maximum efficiency (12" move and 12" melta range) while any S8+ AP3- minus anti-tank weaponry will be aimed at them in lack of other targets and make really short work of them with instantkills. That's a many victory points easily gained.

It's hard to give specific advice when I don't know how you exactly plan on using this army, what you want it to accomplish in what way and which enemies you are up against. But I think that some changes need to be made to exploit the full potential of your list. One possibility to was to drop the attack bike squadrons and throw in a bike squad with a heavy bolter attack bike and add some marines to your tactical squads (and maybe exchange their plasma guns for melta guns).

Sorry for not going very deep into detail. Regards,
    Archer

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I kinda like the list but pay mind to the fact that you'll have to play hard and fast at your opponent. They WILL outlast you unless they can outgun you so be careful and kill what you shoot at everytime. Ditch the powerfists for lascannons, you're going firepower so go with it. The fists just give you melee power with far too low numbers. I'd like to see this in action.

Last minute thought, ditch a bike squad for another tactical squad or to upgrade the existing ones with numbers and heavy weapons. Use them to screen your high firepower other squads (make you enemy take priority checks.)
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

+ Reply to Thread