1500 All Comers Puritan List: - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 All Comers Puritan List:

Howdy all, just getting back into 40k again after taking a 6 month painting haitus....

Hows this look for a starting 1500 pt

HQ
    ------------
    BC GKT w/SB and NFW
    4 GKT w/SB and NFW
    -245pts

Troops
    ----------
    5 IST w 2 Melta
    Rhino (Smoke/Extra Armor)
    -128pts

6 IST w 2 Plasma
    Chimera (Smoke/Extra Armor/Multilaser/H.Bolter)
    -173pts

Fast Attack
    -------------
    10 PAGK
    -275 pts

10 PAGK
    -275 pts

Heavy Support
    --------------
    GK Dread w/TLLC and ML, Extra Armor and Smoke
    -148pts

GK Dread w/Assault Cannon and ML, Extra Armor and Smoke
    -128pts

GK Dread w/CCW & SB and Twin Linked Heavy Bolter, Psycannon Bolts, Smoke, Extra Armor
    -128pts

-1500pts
    41 models.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I don't know whether or not you have the models, but I'd drop 1 IST from the larger squad and 2 GKs from each fast attack squad to get 2 psycannons into your HQ unit.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Hey, your list seems pretty cool to me! I did have a few suggestions, which I'll break down by section:

HQ:
    Deepstriking? If not, like Path suggested, psycannons would let these guys dish out some punishment as they footslog along. Otherwise these guys are great.

Fast Attack:
    Solid. Nothin' wrong here at all =).

Troops:
    Pretty good. It'd be nice if you could beef up the firebase (plasma) squad a bit, but things are always tight at 1500 points =).

Heavy Support:
    Here's the only place I'd recommend any serious changes. The TLLC/ML dread is perfect. The AC/ML is... sub-optimal due to the range disparity between the two weapons, and their intended purposes. The ML is mainly anti-tank, and the AC is mainly anti-infantry. I'd say drop the ML arm, and give him back is almighty wrecking claw =). That way, when you're close enough to use the AC, you're also extremely threatening in assaults. I'll come right out and say it: I think heavy-bolters on dreads is a waste. You can get psycannon-toting troops much cheaper, and they're higher strength. What you can't get on troops are the real heavy-hitters like Plasma Cannons, TLLCs, and Assault Cannons. I'd drop the heavy-bolter and replace it with an assault cannon. So you'd have one dedicated armour-hunting dread with TLLC/ML, and two close-range support dreads with AC/DCCW. You'd also end up saving a few points going this way, so, huzzah!

Cheers =)

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

+ Reply to Thread