1750 Fun DH - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 1750 Fun DH

  1. #1
    Member InquisitorPylonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    1750 Fun DH

    Hey all,

    This is a list that I just threw together to go against 1750 of Eldar for a seek and destroy mission. Due to the nature of the game the HQ inquis cannot change his equipment.

    HQ
    Inquis Lord with psy Cannon
    2x sage
    3x HB
    1 Mystic

    BC with psy hood and 3 termies

    Elite
    Eversor

    Troop

    8 gk with jc
    8gk with jc
    9 IST 2 Melt in rhino with EA
    9 IST 2 plas in rhino with EA
    8 IST 2 plas in chimera with ML HHB and EA

    Heavy
    Dread TLC and ML with EA
    Dread TLC and ML with EA

    1750 pts

    any thoughts or comments welcome.

    thanks,


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    WarmaHorde Pathofskulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Conneticut, US
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

    HQ
    Inquis Lord with psy Cannon
    2x sage
    3x HB
    1 Mystic
    Switch out one of the Heavy Bolters for a plasma cannon, otherwise there is no point in 2 sages.

    BC with psy hood and 3 termies
    I'd drop the psy-hood for a psycannon on the brother captain, and a psycannon on one of the terminators.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

  4. #3
    Member InquisitorPylonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Switch out one of the Heavy Bolters for a plasma cannon, otherwise there is no point in 2 sages.

    I'd drop the psy-hood for a psycannon on the brother captain, and a psycannon on one of the terminators.
    I don't have a plasma cannon model, and the sage is a cheap wound that gives a reroll.

    And my the guy that I'm playing is taking Eldrad, as much as a psycannon might be a good choice I need the psy-hood to deal with the cheese.

  5. #4
    PP is my master now... Hasten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (unfortunately)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorPylonious View Post
    Troop

    8 gk with jc
    8gk with jc
    9 IST 2 Melt in rhino with EA
    9 IST 2 plas in rhino with EA
    8 IST 2 plas in chimera with ML HHB and EA
    Might as well bump the GKs up to Fast Attack, no? There's no need to deep-strike them if you don't want, but that'll give you the option, and at the very least you get to deploy them later, which is always advantageous.

    *Edit*
    Also, those rhinos could really use some smoke launchers, methinks. You could drop one IST from the Melta Squad (which is more of a rush-forward-pop-a-tank one-trick-pony squad anyways) and pay for smoke on all three transports. You might also want to play with your squad numbers in the ISTs. The plasma squads are more for slugging it out in rapid-fire range, right? Seems to me they could use the models more than the melta squad. Something to think about, anyways =).
    *End edit*

    -H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

    www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

  6. #5
    Member InquisitorPylonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Might as well bump the GKs up to Fast Attack, no? There's no need to deep-strike them if you don't want, but that'll give you the option, and at the very least you get to deploy them later, which is always advantageous.
    yeah ok, good point


    Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    *Edit*
    Also, those rhinos could really use some smoke launchers, methinks. You could drop one IST from the Melta Squad (which is more of a rush-forward-pop-a-tank one-trick-pony squad anyways) and pay for smoke on all three transports. You might also want to play with your squad numbers in the ISTs. The plasma squads are more for slugging it out in rapid-fire range, right? Seems to me they could use the models more than the melta squad. Something to think about, anyways =).
    *End edit*
    ack! thanks for pointing out that the transports didn't have smoke. And I think that even though I put 1750pts down that I have an extra 20 or so to use up. So I can dig into that for the smoke and remove some of the meltas to beef up the plasma.

    Question though, which transport would be better for the meltas? the rhino or the chimera?

  7. #6
    PP is my master now... Hasten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (unfortunately)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorPylonious View Post
    Question though, which transport would be better for the meltas? the rhino or the chimera?
    Well, the conventional wisdom is that a Rhino is better for melta-toting squads. The main reasons are the superior side armor on the Rhino (and your opponent will most likely have a shot at your side armor as you rush forward), the lack of guns (you'll be rushing forward at max movement, so the guns are somewhat wasted for the first bit). Firebase squads (i.e. plasma squads) generally do better with the Chimera, since they can set up and shoot while the chimera zooms off to cause trouble on the flanks, or what have you.

    That said, take whichever you prefer. There's nothing wrong with having a few extra heavy weapons on the table, even if they aren't firing the whole time, and I reckon that the superior front armor can more or less make up for the weaker side armor if you're crafty with movement.

    Hope it helps,

    -H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

    www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

  8. #7
    Member InquisitorPylonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Well, the conventional wisdom is that a Rhino is better for melta-toting squads. The main reasons are the superior side armor on the Rhino (and your opponent will most likely have a shot at your side armor as you rush forward), the lack of guns (you'll be rushing forward at max movement, so the guns are somewhat wasted for the first bit). Firebase squads (i.e. plasma squads) generally do better with the Chimera, since they can set up and shoot while the chimera zooms off to cause trouble on the flanks, or what have you.

    That said, take whichever you prefer. There's nothing wrong with having a few extra heavy weapons on the table, even if they aren't firing the whole time, and I reckon that the superior front armor can more or less make up for the weaker side armor if you're crafty with movement.

    Hope it helps,

    -H
    Very much so, thanks a lot for your help.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts