1000pt Puritan list for fun - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Puritan list for fun

Here is my first pass at a 1000pt DH list for fun and frolics at the local GW store and with friends. My son has a 1000 pt Chaos list. Given that will be the enemy for the majority of the time, i have built this list accordingly. Comments welcomed, Thanks.

-- HQ
    Inquisitor Lord Lightning Claw (pr), Terminator armor, Teleport Homer
    3 Acolyte, Sacred Incense, Carapace Armour
    3 Servitor, Powerfist , CCW
    2 Familiar
    1 Hierophant
    in a Chimera Smokers, Dozer blade, Extra armour, Multilaser, Pintle mounter storm bolter, Heavy Bolter

-- FA
    GK Justicar
    6 PAGK
    2 Incinerator
    Targetter

-- Troops
    8 Stormtrooper
    Stormtrooper Veteran, Teleport Homer
    2 Melta gun
    in a Rhino

-- Troops
    8 Stormtrooper
    2 Plasma Gun

-- HS
    Dreadnought TL LC, ML

Total 998

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

2 Familiar
    1 Hierophant
    in a Chimera Smokers, Dozer blade, Extra armour, Multilaser, Pintle mounter storm bolter, Heavy Bolter
    I'm not exactly sure what this HQ is designed for, you've got some anti-troop in here, but then you also have ant-tank. I suggest re-equipping this guy as shooty. He'll be cheaper, and you might be able to fit some more Grey knights in.

I also suggest giving all of your vehicles smoke and extra armour, even the dread, incase it can't fire one turn, you don't risk losing it entirely next turn.

-- FA
    GK Justicar
    6 PAGK
    2 Incinerator
    Targetter
    If you can drop the incinerators, and try and get another squad of grey knights, perhaps 2 FAGK of 6.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response Pathofskulls

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what this HQ is designed for, you've got some anti-troop in here, but then you also have ant-tank.
    The HQ is meant to be a CC unit, in a transporter for rapid deployment. I really like the ability to up the =][= lords WS to 7 using the CC Servitors and am relutactant to change it to something shooty. I chose a Chimera as the transport for its improved armour and increased firepower over the Rhino; intention was to draw fire from the HQ and lay down some straffing fire allowing the HQ to charge. Which part of this unit do you think is AT? ('cos it's not meant to have any! )

The dual incinerators in the FA PAGK is meant to cause some heavy damage to troops following deployment using one of the two homers on turn 2 or 3. Dual homers allows me to be adaptable on the drop point, but gives me the precision to use the incinerators straight off (or, it's meant to )

Whilst i would like another unit of PAGK, i can only seem top squeeze one in by dropping the Dreadnaught, which is my main AT, with support from the first troop squad (melta guys)

I like the point about smokes and armour on the Dreadnaught, I will look at this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beware, the WS only ups once, not for every combat servitor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daisho View Post
    Beware, the WS only ups once, not for every combat servitor.
    *thumbs codex*
    "Bugger" !!

thanks (I think) for pointing that GLARING ommision on my behalf

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

The HQ is meant to be a CC unit, in a transporter for rapid deployment. I really like the ability to up the =][= lords WS to 7 using the CC Servitors and am relutactant to change it to something shooty. I chose a Chimera as the transport for its improved armour and increased firepower over the Rhino; intention was to draw fire from the HQ and lay down some straffing fire allowing the HQ to charge. Which part of this unit do you think is AT? ('cos it's not meant to have any!
    As has been noted you only get the +1 for henchmen's abilities once. Powerfists, are anti-tank. Powerfists, are also not the best weapon if you want to be close combat suited, and I realize DH is limited on close combat effectiveness, but, DH isn't really made for assault, although it has nice options its really made for shooting. If you want an assault based Inquisitor I suggest taking a Witch Hunter Inquisitor, due to his ability to take Crusaders.

The dual incinerators in the FA PAGK is meant to cause some heavy damage to troops following deployment using one of the two homers on turn 2 or 3. Dual homers allows me to be adaptable on the drop point, but gives me the precision to use the incinerators straight off (or, it's meant to )
    Depends on the army your playing against, and how close those homers get you to the target squad. If you aren't close enough, you might have been better off with more storm bolters, or psycannons.

Supposing you dropped the Chimera, I do actually have points figured out, not intended originally for you, but myself, that can apply to you. A DH retinue that can out power quite a number of squads at 1k. Additionally you'd have to drop the second unit of ISTs, but then again, my mind works differently.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Weezhard View Post
    -- HQ
    2 Familiar
    1 Hierophant
    It's definitely a fun idea to have an assault-minded Inquisitor -- and the game fluff encourages it -- but the game reality of such models and units is nothing but utter disappointment. You've spent enough points to get you a 7-model GKT squad (with many points left over yet), or two 6-man PAGK squads, each with a Justicar! Either choice will get you much more survivability, shooting, and assault power.

The one good use to which you can put Malleus inquisitors is as the anchor of a potent firebase. Give your Inquisitor a psycannon (but nothing else except maybe auspex), then take three gun servitors (either 3 heavy bolter servitors or 2 HBs plus one plasma cannon servitor), 2 sages, 1-2 mystics, and 0-3 acolytes with bolters or 0-1 acolytes with artificer armour. If you still wish to provide a Chimera, that's fine, too, but run it empty as a trouble-causing unit only, not actually as a transport.

This is an incredible amount of dakka for the points spent, and if deployed into cover, it's very survivable, too. This squad will cost far less than what you currently have yet be much more effective and killy. Leave the close combat to the professionals, the Grey Knights. Let your Inquisitor direct the battle while gunning down daemons from a distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezhard
    -- FA
    GK Justicar
    6 PAGK
    2 Incinerator
    Targetter
    I would both take out at least one incinerator (if not both of them) and aim to beef the model count up to at least 8. The problem with special weapons on PAGKs/FAGKs is that you spend points to remove all the special abilities that separate GKs from their mundane Astartes cousins. Which means that, for the points, you could have had additional full-strength GK models instead of a single space marine with a glorified flamer. At the distance you intend a GK squad toting incinerators to operate, you'll really wish you had the extra wounds, stormbolter shots, and high-strength melee attacks at your disposal, especially when you close for assault. That lame-o space marine is a drag on the squad's performance in most cases.

8 models is an ideal GK squad size because it's not overly expensve, yet is large enough to do its job while being able to survive the immense punishment the enemy will direct their way.
    -- Troops
    8 Stormtrooper
    Stormtrooper Veteran, Teleport Homer
    2 Melta gun
    in a Rhino

-- Troops
    8 Stormtrooper
    2 Plasma Gun
    Nice units. I'd move two models out of the melta squad into the footslogger squad, but otherwise these are great. If possible, filling out both squads would be nice, as would supplying a Chimera -- or a Rhino, if on the cheap -- to the plasma squad. But really, these are good as-is.
    -- HS
    Dreadnought TL LC, ML
    All you need here is extra armour, and you've got the DH's workhorse anti-armour unit.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great insight Number6.... many thanks for the time and effort, the info will certainly help me out a deal

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Weezhard View Post
    Great insight Number6.... many thanks for the time and effort, the info will certainly help me out a deal
    You're welcome! But don't thank me too much, 'cause I made a mistake. You need to field a GK Hero to legally take the Dreadnought in the list. Assuming you trim down the expenditures on your Inquisitor Lord unit, however, finding 91 pts to get you a BC with a psycannon for untargetable independent character sniping should be no problem, and can only help.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My list, re-incarnate.

-- HQ
    Inquisitor Lord, 1H Lightning Claw (pr)
    3 Henchman Acolyte, Sacred Incense, Carapace Armour
    1 Vet Guardsman, 2H Flamer
    2 Combat Serv
    2 Familiar
    1 Hierophant
    In a Chimera, Heavy Bolter, Dozer blade, Extra armour, Multilaser, Pintle mounter storm bolter

-- HQ
    Brother Captain, Psycannon

-- Fast Attack
    Justicar & 7 PAGK

-- Troops
    6 Stormtrooper, 2 Melta gun
    Rhino, Extra armour

8 Stormtrooper, 2 Plasma Gun

-- HS
    Dreadnought, TL AsCan, ML, Extra armour

Yes, its still an assaulty =][= but, fact is, i like the fluff more than i care to admit. I doubt i would ever enter this kind of list for "serious" gaming. I dropped a lot of the "perks" on the HQ and managed to get an IC BC with psycannon to allow the dreadnought.

By having the Chimera "open topped" with a pintle storm bolter, i can effectively assault units from 14", flaming pre-charge and hitting with the lightning claws backed up with powerfists for anything that's left over.

Comment welcomes as always

+ Reply to Thread