1850 Mech SOB list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Mech SOB list

This list came about due to a bit of boredom and the desire to start yet another army. I think its a standard mech SOB list but would like comments before I start purchasing models. As always thanks in advance.

Canoness with Jump Pack, Inferno Pistol, Blessed Weapon, Cloak of Saint Aspira and Book of Saint Lucius. (135 Points)

Canoness with Inferno Pistol, Eviscerator, Cloak of Saint Aspira and Book of Saint Lucius. (110 Points)

6 Celestians with Boltguns, 1 Celestian with Flamer, 1 Celestian with Heavy Flamer, Veteran Sister Superior with Bolt Pistol and Eviscerator. (170 Points)
    Rhino Transport with Extra Armor and Smoke Launchers. (58 Points)

7 Battle Sisters with Boltguns, 1 Battle Sister with Meltagun, 1 Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Veteran Sister Superior with Bolt Pistol and Eviscerator. (171 Points)

7 Battle Sisters with Boltguns, 1 Battle Sister with Meltagun, 1 Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Veteran Sister Superior with Bolt Pistol and Eviscerator. (171 Points)

5 Seraphim with Twin Bolt Pistols, 2 Seraphim with Twin Hand Flamers, Veteran Sister Superior with Bolt Pistol and Eviscerator. (225 Points)

Exorcist Tank with Dozer Blade, Extra Armor and Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter. (155 Points)

Exorcist Tank with Dozer Blade, Extra Armor and Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter. (155 Points)

1850 Points Models: 49 Vehicles: 7 Faith Points: 9

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

While there have been times I'd wished my regular squads had eviscerators, I think more seraphim would go further in the long run. You could also use some of those points to buy very important books of st lucius for all your squads.

Not sure what all those points for pintle storm bolters on the exos are getting you either?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I think the only vehicle I'd buy a storm bolter for, is an LRC, 6" forward, the number of shots it can fire... anywho thats Grey Knights, Exo's should be at most 140pts with extra armour, beyond that and you just wasting points.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, quick replies. First off thanks for the comments and advice.

I went with the evicerators in each squad because I figured firing at close range that they will get charged eventually and when they do I would like to have a powerfist (or their equivalant) in the squad to add a few high strength attacks into the mix. Also in the case I ever need to take out a vehicle due to the exorcists being down Im hoping the melta and evicerator will be enough.

The pintle bolters.. well honestly it was because I had extra points and wasnt sure what to use them on. I can remove them and get books for the celestians, three sister squads and the saraphims.

Any other comments or advice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dennismathys View Post
    Wow, quick replies. First off thanks for the comments and advice.

I went with the evicerators in each squad because I figured firing at close range that they will get charged eventually and when they do I would like to have a powerfist (or their equivalant) in the squad to add a few high strength attacks into the mix. Also in the case I ever need to take out a vehicle due to the exorcists being down Im hoping the melta and evicerator will be enough.

The pintle bolters.. well honestly it was because I had extra points and wasnt sure what to use them on. I can remove them and get books for the celestians, three sister squads and the saraphims.

Any other comments or advice?
    When I first started sisters a long time ago, I was told on a different and respected board to give all my VSS's eviserators by many people. After playing a few months I found that those expensive upgrades weren't as good as I hoped. WS 3 means you are more often than not hitting on 4's against about everyone. I have since adopted using evis's on canonesses, Celestians and seraphim which all have at least ws4 or better yet hit on 3's with celestians.

I think Path and Affe have good advice. Personally, I would drop the pintle sb's and dozers, drop the evis off the sisters and maybe upgrade one of the sob squads to a second Cel squad. I have also never been a fan of dozer blades. Extra armor will allow you to move if you get stunned/shaken. I find being able to bolt 12" behind cover works just fine. Better than the 6" rerollable dozer movement. But thats just a personal oppinion.

I'd also give all your squads a book. Dropping the SB's will pay for that as well as maybe squeezing another seraphim into the mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK heres the updated list using everyones advice. Upgraded a SOB squad to celestians, added 2 seraphim to the unit, books for each squad, got rid of the evicerators from the SOB squads and all the extras from the exorcists. Also put the meltas with the celestians because they have the evicerators. I have 14pts left over if anyone has any advice on what to do with it.

Canoness with Jump Pack, Inferno Pistol, Blessed Weapon, Cloak of Saint Aspira and Book of Saint Lucius. (135 Points)

Canoness with Inferno Pistol, Eviscerator, Cloak of Saint Aspira and Book of Saint Lucius. (110 Points)

6 Celestians with Boltguns, 1 Celestian with Meltagun, 1 Celestian with Heavy Flamer, Veteran Sister Superior with Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator and Book of Saint Lucius.
    (179 Points)

7 Celestians with Boltguns, 1 Celestian with Meltagun, 1 Celestian with Heavy Flamer, Veteran Sister Superior with Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator and Book of Saint Lucius.
    (192 Points)

7 Battle Sisters with Boltguns, 1 Battle Sister with Flamer, 1 Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Veteran Sister Superior with Bolter and Book of Saint Lucius. (147 Points)

7 Battle Sisters with Boltguns, 1 Battle Sister with Flamer, 1 Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Veteran Sister Superior with Bolter and Book of Saint Lucius. (147 Points)

7 Seraphim with Twin Bolt Pistols, 2 Seraphim with Twin Hand Flamers, Veteran Sister Superior with Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator and Book of Saint Lucius. (274 Points)

Exorcist Tank with Extra Armor. (140 Points)

1836 Points Models: 51 Vehicles: 7 Faith Points: 9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Just as a technicality, you should probably make the 9 girl squad officially the second canoness's retinue. You don't want to leave her standing around all by her lonesome in Escalation. On the downside it does mean you can't leave the squad to attempt acts of faith.

Don't forget frags on the jump canoness!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call on the retinue. After adding frag grenades to the jump canoness I still have 13 pts left. Anything worth buying or would you leave the list as is?
    Last edited by dennismathys; October 23rd, 2007 at 06:25. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to disagree with the others regarding dozer blades. I have been using them on my exorcists for some time and find them to be invaluable. I always deploy my exorcist near terrain so that I can maneuver to cut off fire lines at them. I often find myself moving through area terrain to get the shot I need, to prevent return fire, or to benefit from concealment. I frequently make 3 or more terrain rolls per exorcist and those dozer blades have kept them mobile many times when they would otherwise have given up points and lost their scoring status. Basically, 5 points is very very cheap for the value I get out of them and I recommend them to anyone who uses thier exorcists with care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

381 (x8)

I don't have rough terrain mods on my exorcists more because I don't want to glue dozer blades to my three beautiful babies than because I don't think they'd be worth the points =).

If you do make that squad a retinue, you could consider dropping the book off the vet, that would bump your spare points up to where they could be used to buy back those dozer blades or master craft someone's eviscerator.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast