2000 point WH/DH - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point WH/DH

This is actually a WH list, but I only used them to unlock Exorcists...

This list won me a tournament last week and absolutely annihilated a Chaos list. The GK did AWESOME in CC and the Malleus Inquisitor took out 2 squads of CSM.

HQ

Canonness w/ jump pack, cloak of st. aspira, inferno pistol, eviscerator

Grand Master w/ psycannon
    5 GK terminators

Elite

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor w/ bolter-meltagun

Callidus Assassin

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor w/ psycannon
    2 HB servitors, 1 Plasma Cannon servitor, 2 sages

Troops

10 Battle Sisters w/ 1 meltagun

5 Stormtroopers w/ 2 meltaguns
    Chimera w/ multilaser, HB, extra armor

8 PAGK

Fast Attack

8 FAGK

Heavy

3 Exorcists

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Personally I think you have too many ICs in your army. You have 4 or 5 if you count the callidus. You have so few models actually on the board for 2000 points. The cannoness will do better with a blessed weapon. The inquisitor with the combi-bolter is a waste. I would put a mystic in the shooty inquisitor squad. With how your troops are equipped I can see you having a problem with horde armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you even need to unlock the Exorcist, I see no dependencies so it would be possible to use them regularly in a DH army? If so ... sweeeeeet, just the vehicle they need.

/Edit: Gah I see ... no Heavy Support on allies
    Last edited by daisho; October 24th, 2007 at 16:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by frozencore View Post
    The cannoness will do better with a blessed weapon.
    I think the Canonness is just fine how she is -- I kit her out in exactly the same way, in fact. That way she works great as a mobile tank/MC hunter. She's one of the few ICs that can use an I 1 weapon, due to her killer invulnerable save when she uses faith. Besides, she doesn't have very high Initiative to begin with, so it's not like she'd be going first in most cases anyways, unless you burn even more faith to boost it =).

I agree about the bolter-melta Hereticus Inquisitor, though. Those combi-weapons are really expensive for a one-shot deal, methinks. I'm guessing this guy rides with the Melta-Gun ISTs for some more tank-hunting potential? Might be an Inferno pistol would be a better choice here, since it's re-usable?

Also, how did that Sister squad work out for you footslogging with the melta gun? Did you get a chance to use it? Seems to me a transport might help this squad out, to get them into rapid-fire and special weapon range quicker.

Just some thoughts. Good to hear the list has performed well for you =).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Have to admit, that's a pretty interesting and fun-looking list. Congrats on your win, by the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaesarSneezy View Post
    HQ

Canonness w/ jump pack, cloak of st. aspira, inferno pistol, eviscerator

Grand Master w/ psycannon
    5 GK terminators
    Solid. I'd consider dropping one of the GKTs and/or the psycannon in order to recover points to beef up some of your other unit selections, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaesarSneezy
    Elite

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor w/ bolter-meltagun

Callidus Assassin

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor w/ psycannon
    2 HB servitors, 1 Plasma Cannon servitor, 2 sages
    Is the OH Inquisitor used just to unlock the Callidus? Honestly, admitting that the OM Inquisitorial firebase is superior, it's not so much better that I wouldn't just run a shooty OH inquisitor instead and save on points that could be better spent elsewhere. If you make this change, consider giving this OH Inquisitor Scourging and/or a stormbolter so that s/he can still participate in the shooting phase with his/her retinue.
    Troops

10 Battle Sisters w/ 1 meltagun

5 Stormtroopers w/ 2 meltaguns
    Chimera w/ multilaser, HB, extra armor
    Were it me, I'd want my footslogging sisters to be at least 12 strong and with a 2nd special weapon. Otherwise, I'd spring for a Rhino for 'em so that they can reliably get in at least one solid round of Divine Guidance with their limited Faith. On that subject, springing for the VSS might be something worth doing for this army.

Also, I'd prefer the Rhino over the Chimera for the armour-hunting ISTs. Cheaper, and a more suitable transport for a rush squad, what with its superior side armour and multiple fire points and exit hatches. However, the Chimera is obviously servicable. Also, even for such squads, it never hurts to have more bodies in there for reinforcement.
    8 PAGK

Fast Attack

8 FAGK
    Move the PAGKs to Fast Attack. There's no excuse for them to be sitting as Troops once the force org minimums are satisfied. You can always choose to footslog 'em, but slotting them as Fast Attack gives you the option to deep strike if you wish, and also lets you deploy them last on the board for a tactical advantage.
    Heavy

3 Exorcists
    Can't argue with this! The Exorcist is my single favorite tank in the game.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Move the PAGKs to Fast Attack. There's no excuse for them to be sitting as Troops once the force org minimums are satisfied. You can always choose to footslog 'em, but slotting them as Fast Attack gives you the option to deep strike if you wish, and also lets you deploy them last on the board for a tactical advantage.
    Unfortunately, he can't move more than the one squad to FA, due to the rules for Allies set forth in the DH codex, but you knew that =P.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Unfortunately, he can't move more than the one squad to FA, due to the rules for Allies set forth in the DH codex, but you knew that =P.

-H
    D'oh! ;o I did know that. Only conveniently forgot about it, too. Good catch, sir! 8Y
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrat for your victory in the tournment, but I think there are rooms to improve this list.

HQ: Both HQ choice are good, but I would drop 1 psycannon for points to rest of your army, give a sacred inscense to Grand master, just for strike first against chaos.

Troop: Stromtropper with a fire support chimera only to go tank hunting with melta? get rhino instead for some more points back. With all those point you saved, give the sister a superior, a rhino, a heavy flammer, may be even a eviscerator for superior.

Elite: Why 2 inquistor when you only need 1? I believe a witch hunter inquistor fire support squard with 2 healer to ignore wounds is a better deal than a psycannon daemonhunter inquistor fire support squard + a extra 1 shot melta inquistor... cheaper and last longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always take a psycannon with the GM. His BS is just too good. And yes, the OH with the melta-bolter is kind of a waste. An inferno pistol would be much better, but I forgot I could give him one. Chimera vs. rhino? I like to have a tank that can actually fight, even if it is more expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, I just got in love with those Exorcists and made an 2000pt. army myself
    It's of course also a Witchhunter based list but it mainly uses DH models (or some they have access too):

HQ #1 Mainly for HQ Requirement, don't like the Canonness very much
    Witchhunter Inquisitor Lord w/ Bolter, Auspex
    3 Gun Servitors w/ Plasma Cannon and 2 Heavy Bolters
    2 Sages

HQ #2 (DH)
    Daemonhunter Inquisitor Lord w/ Psycannon, Auspex
    3 Gun Servitors w/ Plasma Cannon and 2 Heavy Bolters
    2 Sages
    2 Mystic

Elite #1
    Callidus Assassin

Elite #2 (DH)
    Brother Captain w/ Psycannon, Auspex, Targeter
    6 Grey Knight Terminators w/ Psycannon

Troop #1 Chose them because Battle Sisters couldn't get Plasma Guns
    8 Inquisitorial Stormtrooper w/ 2 Plasma Guns
    Rhino w/ Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Troop #2 ...
    8 Inquisitorial Stormtrooper w/ 2 Plasma Guns
    Rhino w/ Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Troop #3 (DH)
    Grey Knight Justicar
    8 Grey Knights

Troop #4 (DH)
    Grey Knight Justicar
    8 Grey Knights

Heavy Support #1 The Storm Bolter prevents destruction of the Exorcist on armament destr. hit
    Exorcist w/ Extra Armour, Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter

Heavy Support #2 ...
    Exorcist w/ Extra Armour, Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter

How do you like it? Was made in 5 minutes ... I do not expect it to be perfect and somehow this build doesn't feel "special".
    Also, no fast attack included which makes this army hitchhikers/ranged professionals.

Aaaah, I would love to insert all those models I like ... the Inquisition caught me
    Last edited by daisho; October 26th, 2007 at 01:46.

+ Reply to Thread