1,500pts GKT heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,500pts GKT heavy

ok so I'm thinking about doing a pure GK 1,500pt list that I'm trying to make very LR and GKT heavy. Anyway heres what I have so far...

HQ
    ---------
    Grand-Master w/psycannon and Sacred Incense
    GKT w/psycannon
    2 GKT w/SB & NFW
    -348pts

Elites
    ---------
    Brother-Captain w/psycannon
    GKT w/psycannon
    2 GKT w/SB & NFW
    -254pts

Troops
    ---------
    6 PAGK
    Justicar w/targeter
    -201pts

5 PAGK
    Justicar w/targeter
    -176pts

Heavy Support
    -----------------
    Land Raider w/Smoke Launchers and Extra Armor
    -258pts
    -258pts

Total-1495

feel free to tear it apart!

Last edited by RocketRollRebel; October 25th, 2007 at 22:25.
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I'm going to take a guess, that your planning on using the land raiders as transports, well I suggest you don't, they'll become high priority targets, and you may end up losing them faster then normal.

Keep them back at a range.

-258pts
    -258pts
    Extra armour is fine, but drop the smoke, ideally you want to be shooting every turn, and if you can't shoot, then just drive out of range.

6 PAGK
    Justicar w/targeter
    -201pts

5 PAGK
    Justicar w/targeter
    -176pts
    If its a list to be heavy in GKTs/LRs I don't see why you have so many PAGKs.

Grand-Master w/psycannon and Sacred Incense
    GKT w/psycannon
    2 GKT w/SB & NFW
    -348pts
    If you downgrade your Grand Master to a brother captain, you can pick up another 2 GKTs with some rearranging of points elsewhere.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I would also suggest that you downgrade your GM to a BC so you can have more points. You could use an extra PAGK body, and also incinerators on the PAGK squads, assuming those were the squads you intended to plop into the raiders.

"Mechanized" DH lists are not something I have much experience with, but it looks like you're kitting out your GKTs for mobile dakka -- which should work great -- and then you're raiders/PAGKs are the reactive element of your force. Supposedly, this can work well, but you must be very careful about controlling line of sight. Remember that those TLLCs are on the sponsons for a reason!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the feed back! I may use my incinerators finally! haha I just need to get over the idea of my GKT's jumping out of a LR and ruining peoples day in the assault haha.
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRollRebel View Post
    thanks for the feed back! I may use my incinerators finally! haha I just need to get over the idea of my GKT's jumping out of a LR and ruining peoples day in the assault haha.
    Well, if you intended to mount your GKTs, I would strip them of their psycannons. Psycannons are great weapons, but expensive ones. If you're not going to get more than a single round of shooting from your GKTs, they're not worth the investment.

Also, you'd want to bulk up your PAGK units -- running them vanilla -- if you were to mount the GKTs.

I think mounting smallish PAGK squads but deep-striking or footslogging psycannon-toting GKTs is the way to play, though.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Well, at 1500 points I've run a 3 LR list, and I think I'm one of the only people on LO who's experimented with the LR heavy GKs ala Silent Requiem's Water GK Tactica, so here's my $0.02.

Extra armor and smokes are a must for the raiders. Downgrading melta hits and whatnot to glancing is huge. It will help alot vs. Tau and their pesky railguns as well.

Anything that is going to be in a transport should have an incinerator. Reason being you tank shock them and force them to line up on the side or your raider, get out and bam, they are all in a nice line for your incinerator.

If the GKTs are going in the LR, drop the Psycannons, not worth the points.

Downgrade the GM to a BC. With LR heavy lists, you really need the extra points.

I'd think about making your HQ an IC with a Psycannon, an making the elite squad one big terminator squad with an incinerator on the GKT in the squad. Your IC can hang back behind the LRs and still take advantage of his IC status and psycannon range. Or he's cheap enough you can deepstrike him behind enemy lines and try to nail the rear armor on a tank with your psycannon.

In the end though, if your opponent knows what list your playing in advance and prepares for it, you definately have your work cut out for you. Land Raiders are great, but mass psycannons will still bring em down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

In the end though, if your opponent knows what list your playing in advance and prepares for it, you definately have your work cut out for you. Land Raiders are great, but mass psycannons will still bring em down.
    Spector you a little tired this morning or something, perhaps distracted by that game? Psycannons last I checked aren't strong enough to take out land raiders, were you aiming for lascannons?
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, maybe he counts on a lucky hit with the masses on shots
    But then I would field masses of Lasguns, much cheaper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Spector you a little tired this morning or something, perhaps distracted by that game? Psycannons last I checked aren't strong enough to take out land raiders, were you aiming for lascannons?
    Yea, Psycannon, Lascannon...both have -cannon in it...

Mass ML/Lascannon Fire, not to meantion Railguns or Gauss will still kill the Raiders .

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Spector View Post
    Well, at 1500 points I've run a 3 LR list, and I think I'm one of the only people on LO who's experimented with the LR heavy GKs ala Silent Requiem's Water GK Tactica, so here's my $0.02.
    Actually, a little while ago, we had some discussion about the 'water warrior' and stuff like that. I forget who else, but there are actually a few people on these forums from the DH section that has experimented. I admit, i only tried it for a few months, which im sure you have more experience with them.

Personally, LR heavy lists are cool. however, the GKT's seem to take a lot of your points away.

if you wanna keep the list the way it is, best bet, as been stated, is to take away the GM, make him a BC< and add a few more PAGK. Other then that, try to use terrain to your advantage, and really, protect your tanks when vsing armies that has a lot of ability to destroy your tanks.

Pretty much everything has been said for you, im just agreeing with it, and adding in that there are a few people around here, and even on other forums, that can really lend you a hand should you need it in the future!

+ Reply to Thread