*Gasp* A Non-Mech Sisters Army!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Gasp* A Non-Mech Sisters Army!?

Here's my skeleton list. It isn't quite complete yet but I don't really know where to go to from here. So I'm posting it here for some advice on how to finalize it.

here it is:

Faith Points: 12

HQ:

Adepta Sororitas Heroine (Canoness)
    >Blessed Weapon
    >Cloak of St. Aspira
    >Inferno Pistol
    >Mantle of Ophelia
    > Rosarius

HQ Total….……………………….....150

ELITES:

Celestian Squad (x5) (Canoness)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Heavy Bolter

Celestian Squad (x5)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Heavy Flamer

Celestian Squad (x5)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Multi Melta

Celestian Squad (x5)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Heavy Bolter

ELITE Total………………………….337

TROOPS:

Battle Sisters (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Meltagun

Battle Sisters (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Meltagun

TROOP Total…………………………268

FAST ATTACK:

Seraphim Squad (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Twin Inferno Pistols

Seraphim Squad (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Twin Inferno Pistols

Seraphim Squad (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Twin Inferno Pistols

FAST ATTACK Total………………735

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Exorcist
    >Mounted Storm Bolter
    >Holy Icon

Exorcist
    >Mounted Storm Bolter
    >Holy Icon

Retributors (x5)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Heavy Bolter (x2)
    >Multi Meltars (x2)

HEAVY SUPPORT Total…………….459

TOTAL ARMY POINTS: 1949

"When Space Wolves call upon Russ or the Emperor in battle, it is to witness the deeds of Men and to judge The Fallen."
    - Meditations upon the Fang

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see something like this working. I would take squads as large as possible and put 2 weapons in each. Also you have 4 units of Celestians, unless this is for Apocolypse then you are limited to 3. I would cut your Seraphim down to 8, they are much more effective at that number because they can use Acts of Faith much better. I think mixing multi-meltas and heavy bolters in the Retributor squads is a bad idea because you are gonna want to shoot at infantry between 24" and 36" a lot and the short range on the mult-meltas is no good for a stationary unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    I could see something like this working. I would take squads as large as possible and put 2 weapons in each. Also you have 4 units of Celestians, unless this is for Apocolypse then you are limited to 3. I would cut your Seraphim down to 8, they are much more effective at that number because they can use Acts of Faith much better. I think mixing multi-meltas and heavy bolters in the Retributor squads is a bad idea because you are gonna want to shoot at infantry between 24" and 36" a lot and the short range on the mult-meltas is no good for a stationary unit.
    Well actually there's 3 Celestians and one Bodyguard squad...which last time I checked was legal...could be wrong though.

About the Rets, I was thinking about having two different squads but then I decided I wanted Exorcists more than Multi Meltas. I figure I'll use the HB when I need them and I'll use the MM as sort of a "just in case" weapon.
    "When Space Wolves call upon Russ or the Emperor in battle, it is to witness the deeds of Men and to judge The Fallen."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, having the Celestians under ELITES really threw me, that is perfectly legal as far as I know. I think that you will find mixing multimeltas into the ret squad will be incredibly innefficient for the points cost...maybe if you can get your enemy to come towards that unit, but I am just not a fan of having a super antitank weapon inside 12" that you cannot move and shoot with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Bluebird View Post
    HQ:

Adepta Sororitas Heroine (Canoness)
    >Blessed Weapon
    >Cloak of St. Aspira
    >Inferno Pistol
    >Mantle of Ophelia
    > Rosarius
    The inferno pistol is useless if she is walking around, which means her awesome bs5 is going to waste. Rosarius is redundant with faith powers.

ELITES:

Celestian Squad (x5) (Canoness)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Heavy Bolter

Celestian Squad (x5)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Heavy Flamer

Celestian Squad (x5)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Multi Melta

Celestian Squad (x5)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Heavy Bolter
    Bad choices. If the cannoness has the short range inferno pistol why is she with the heavy bolter squad? In fact why do any of your celestian squads have heavy bolters at all? Celestians should not be equipped with heavy weapons, they should be equipped with assault weapons because they should be on the move so they can reach rapid fire range. Squads of 5 will die quickly if they are just on foot, combine them into 2 squads of 10.

TROOPS:

Battle Sisters (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Meltagun

Battle Sisters (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Meltagun
    If you are foot slogging your sisters you need to take more troops! Beef up their numbers because they will lose women on the walk over. Take 3 squads of them too, I would reccomend regular sisters over celestians because they are cheaper and celestians die just as fast on foot. Equip your squads with something other than meltaguns. On foot you will never get within range of a tank and divine guidance can give you plenty of ap1.

FAST ATTACK:

Seraphim Squad (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Twin Inferno Pistols

Seraphim Squad (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Twin Inferno Pistols

Seraphim Squad (x10)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Twin Inferno Pistols
    Serious overkill and a huge point sink. You only need 2 squads of seraphim, and only 1 of them needs to be maxed. If you want more that is you call, but in a foot slogging army you really need the numbers and these girls cost a ton. I would say 1 maxed squad with twin flamers and 1 squad of about 6 with inferno pistols or flamers.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Exorcist
    >Mounted Storm Bolter
    >Holy Icon

Exorcist
    >Mounted Storm Bolter
    >Holy Icon
    Drop the holy icons, they will be sitting in back and your army should be moving if you are foot slogging, so your troops won't be within 6 inches. Grab extra armor instead just in case.

Retributors (x5)
    >Veteran Superior
    >Heavy Bolter (x2)
    >Multi Meltars (x2)
    No no no no. Terrible idea, your squads should be specialized. By having different weapons in your squad you make them bad at taking out both things you equipped them for. Take 4 heavy bolters. You will also need more bodies to take the hits for these girls so bump up the squad size to at least 6, preferably 7 or 8.

You list needs a lot of work because you are creating something contrary to the popular method of list building. If foot slogging is the way you want to go, then go with it. Foot slogging lists just need a different method of thinking. I used to run a foot slogging list just to be different from everyone else, but I started adding transports and I found that I had more fun and more success. I am not trying to convert you or anything, just give many different play styles a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the advice. I think the reason my list looks so strange is because I usually play Mech for everything (Tau, Marines, etc) so I still am used to all those lists.

I'll either take what you guys said into consideration or scrap this one for a Mech one.

+ Reply to Thread