My list once the daemon codex comes out! :P - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

My list once the daemon codex comes out! :P

Ok, so first of all, this is a 1000pt list exactly!

If you mash all your guys together, not including your Sanctuary totting dude, you can fit up to about 20 models in the radius of protection that Sanctuary gives. Thus, with a a bit of Sanctuary, and a lot of storm bolters, Daemon heavy armys (with what little shooting they have, which you should be able to outshoot anyways) will have a more than difficult time winning.

Here is the list:

BC w/Sanctuary

Elite Inquisitor w/Sanctuary
    -2x Hierophant
    -Warrior w/Plasma Gun
    -2x Mystic

Elite Inquisitor w/Sanctuary
    -2x Hierophant
    -Warrior w/Plasma Gun
    -2x Mystic

Justicar w/Auspex
    -8x Grey Knights

Justicar w/Targeter and Auspex
    -8x Grey Knights

Justicar w/Targeter and Auspex
    -8x Grey Knights

-Any infiltrating or deepstriking units, will get shot to junk!
    -As long as you use your Sanctuary, and dont get perils of the warp, you will have a 100% un-assaultable army. (with the leadership boosts from your Hierophants, you shouldnt fail that much.
    -With what little shooting the enemy gets, you will most likely be able to out shoot.
    -Once you get your models into position (namely, on boards with not to much terrain, the middle would be a good spot) then just keep shooting, you should be able to shoot 90% of the table from the middle.
    -Your turn works like this: Move, put up Sanctuary, then use your 2 plasma totting warriors and your 27 storm bolters to wreck havoc apon your foe!

-If all goes well, you should be able to get at least 2000 victory points by the end of the game, and only loose about 200-400 of your points in the mean time.

This list right here, is why i welcome the new daemon codex. They can keep coming back, i will just keep popping up my sanctuary and shooting them!

Whatever my stormbolters can take out, the 2 plasma guns (for as long as they last ) should be able to hurt enough to make the difference of mass storm bolter fire taking care of the rest!

So yah, basically, you have 3 blobs walking around the feild, demolishing daemons, while not getting hurt themselves!

I havent seen a list like this yet, and seeing as how the new daemon codex, should increase the # of daemon heavy lists we see out there, maybe this list might hold some merit as a specialty list against all Daemon armies.

Maybe there is a better vs daemon list, but so far, Sanctuary, is pretty much almost over powered imo. As long as you get it up once, just dont move and keep shooting, when the enemy gets near, retreat to your inquisies and BC, and then watch as the army bounces around your force feild!

Questions? Comments? Critics? All are welcome!

/Discuss!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, I like your approach because it is different then all those other lists.
    But I don't see much success on this selection:

a) This "could" work really only on _heavy_ deamon depending armies

If the enemy will have other troops than daemons (and he WILL), your Inquisitor squads get slaughtered in no time cause they are the only models who catch attention in this list. Even if the player has no clue about what your units can do he will target the Inquisitors first I presume.

b) The Inquisitor squads are way to underpowered imo

You really spend 83 points for ONE Plasma Gun, and that TWICE? (& 4 Laspistols)
    At least add 2 additional warriors with either Plasma Guns or a Plasma Gun and a -cannon in each squad.

I don't believe there will ever be Daemons-only lists (possible) on the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by daisho View Post
    First of all, I like your approach because it is different then all those other lists.
    But I don't see much success on this selection:

a) This "could" work really only on _heavy_ deamon depending armies

If the enemy will have other troops than daemons (and he WILL), your Inquisitor squads get slaughtered in no time cause they are the only models who catch attention in this list. Even if the player has no clue about what your units can do he will target the Inquisitors first I presume.

b) The Inquisitor squads are way to underpowered imo

You really spend 83 points for ONE Plasma Gun, and that TWICE? (& 4 Laspistols)
    At least add 2 additional warriors with either Plasma Guns or a Plasma Gun and a -cannon in each squad.

I don't believe there will ever be Daemons-only lists (possible) on the table.

Good points, however, the title is mispelled. I mean 'My list once* the daemon codex comes out'

There is high talks of a Daemon-only codex for chaos coming out soon. But let me talk about your points!

a) This list is built only to face Daemon armies, as i described in the post, it is just a fun specialty army, built to withstand the daemon hordes we could possibly face in the future!

My =I= squads are surounded by grey knights. He has to kill a lot of grey knights to get to my =I= first. and even then, if i fail my sanctuary, im probably just going to charge in my =I= retinues to give time for my grey knights to fall back, but only in dire circumstances!

b)I spend 83 points on 1 plasma cannon, makeing my squads un-assaultable, and making it so that my grey knights can shoot at any deepstriking, or daemon units entering play with xD6 inches of them. Very fair trade imo. I would gladly sacrifice 83 points for this kind of protection and shooting ability on daemons.

The point of the list is to be mobile (somewhat) and specialized in killing daemon heavy lists, as i mentioned above! :party: So the plasma cannon is a bad idea, because it makes me not want to move my teams... so that i can get the plasma shot off. Thus, making it easier for daemons to hide behind cover.

If i had the extra points, i would add one or two more plasma gun dudes to each =I= retinue. But i dont, maybe above 1000 points i would.

Provided the enemy had any 'non-daemon' forces, i have 81 storm bolter shots, and possibly 4 plasma shots (depending on how last ditch effort desperate i am) to take care of the unit before it gets to me, Im prety confident, that they wont be able to make it before their dead, and then after that, i just have daemons to worry about, in which case, as long as sanctuary doesnt break on more than one =I= (which even given the odds, is still a fair chance it could fail maybe once a game), i should be able to withstand minimal casulties while killing a lot of daemons.

I had one other point i forget, oh well.

But yah, thanks for the comments, Im sorry if i didnt explain what the list was about more in detail above, i was trying to keep the post length to a minimum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    Good points, however, the title is mispelled. I mean 'My list once* the daemon codex comes out'
    I don't see any misspelling.

LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Heh, I like the list. It definitely gets points for originality =). The main thing to watch out for would be anything that can toss pie-plates at you. One Defiler in their list and you'll have a whole lot of Inquisitorial gibblets =P.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is high talks of a Daemon-only codex for chaos coming out soon.
    Ah, I didn't know that. Sounds fun then.

But about the Mobility-thing, I think you will not be very mobile even without Plasma Cannon because of the Sanctuary restrictions.
    /Edit: hm, you could of course Move and then cast Sanctuary ... nevermind :p

The last disadvantage I see, the player with the deamon army will never play again against you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Heh, I like the list. It definitely gets points for originality =). The main thing to watch out for would be anything that can toss pie-plates at you. One Defiler in their list and you'll have a whole lot of Inquisitorial gibblets =P.

-H
    Provided that the daemon codex can get a defiler, which im hoping is a no hehe!

EDIT: Also, which i just thought of; If the Daemon codex has any shooting, that is better then 81 storm bolters.... Then this whole strategie wont work. But i have yet to see any Daemon's WITH guns... So, I'ma cross my fingers! hehe!

The two main disadvantages of this list, should not apply to daemon heavy lists when the new codex comes out... Hopfully.

The disadvantages are pie plates, and shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I already see a Doom Cyberdeamon with BFGs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Provided that the daemon codex can get a defiler, which im hoping is a no hehe!
    Heheh, well I guess we won't know until we get our hands on it, but I'd expect there to be some sort of rules for Allies to be found in it. No way of knowing, I guess =).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

+ Reply to Thread