Alright, sitting with my spanking new Codex: Space Marines, I've been trying to come up with a somewhat competitive list while still remaining sort of fluffy to my goals (Space Marines with swords). The first list that popped to mind is based around a conversion I'm going to be working on in a few months when I'm back in the US with my models. Basically, a Space Marine riding the Empire Mechanical Horse model (gonna try to hook some bolters on that beast, make it a 'counts as' Bike). If the commander is on a bike, then the army will need bikes...

Swords Saltire Chapter
Traits: Take The Fight To Them, Death Before Dishonor

5th Company "Rose Knights"

Captain Leon Silsser, the "Blue Rose Knight" (shh, he's actually a Master for the extra wound)
Power Weapon(master-crafted)
Bolt Pistol
Combat Shield

Dreadnought w/ missile launcher, twin-linked lascannon, extra armor

Tactical Squad Gawain(10)
Close combat weapons and bolt pistols, frag grenades
Veteran Sergeant w/ Power Fist, Bolt Pistol
Rhino w/ smoke, extra armor

Tactical Squad Owain...see Gawain.

Tactical Squad Parsifal(6)
Missile Launcher
Razorback w/ twin-linked lascannon, HK missile

Fast Attack

Bike Squad Lohengrin(5, commander joins here)
+Attack Bike w/Multi-Melta

Bike Squad Saladin(5)
+Attack Bike w/Multi-Melta

3 Land Speeder Tornados Assault Group Lancelot

Heavy Support

Predator Annihilator w/ heavy bolter sponsons, extra armor

Total: 1992 points

All those Veteran Sergeants should PROBABLY have power I said, only kind of fluffy. I'm stuck on where to put points or shave points to rearrange squads to get closer to 2000, but 8 points off isn't too bad. My math might be off too since I used a text editor and a calculator to figure the points.

Question: Are Razorbacks remotely useful? Half the reason one is on the list is just because one comes in the Megaforce box. For the points, I could probably get another small Tactical Squad with another Missile Launcher in it to play Devastator for me...