Daemonhunters 1500pt Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonhunters 1500pt Friendly

HQ
    Inquisitor Lord with psycannon
    1 familiar
    3 warriors 2 Heavy Bolters 1 plasma cannon
    2 Sages
    1 Mystic

1 grey Knight Brother Captain /w sacred incense & psycannon
    3 Grey Knight Terminators
    1 Psycannon

Elites
    1 Callidus Assasin

Fast Attack
    Grey Knight Justicar w/ frags
    5 Grey Knights

Heavy Support
    Grey Knights Dreadnought
    tl lascannon
    Missile Launcher
    extra armour

Grey Knight Dreadnought
    tl lascannon
    Missle Launcher
    extra armour

Troops
    5 Grey Knights 1 psycannon

7 Grey Knights 1 psycannon

I added the sacred incense as 2 of my mates have just started new chaos armies so that is specifcally for fighting them. The frags are for the last couple of points to hit 1500. Suggestions would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the Familiar and add another Mystic, if you need/want them as cheap wounds.
    The familiar does nothing for the squad, it doesn't own a ranged weapon. Also the initiative bonus is useless because your Inquisitor should not get into close combat at all.

Balance the 2 GK Troop squads out > 6/6 GKs on each squad.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

There is no real need for the inquisitor to be a HQ choice. You could downgrade him to an elites choice and loose the familliar. should get you another PAGK.

Drop the power armourned psicannon for more grey knights.

Your only AT firepower is in the dreads. While you have enough, you could easily loose one or both before your anti tank tasks are done so why not drop both sets of extra armour for 2 justicar metabombs.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Hey Hey,

Looks like a pretty solid list overall! The only thoughts I had were the Familiar for Mystic swap, as it nets you an extra flashlight for the squad, though I hardly think a game will turn on one laspistol shot, so if you prefer the Familiar for fluff purposes, feel free =). Also, I'd consider dropping the I-Lord down to an Elites-choice Inquisitor. For a shooty squad, the Lord doesn't have much to recommend him over the Elites-choice version, and that'll get you enough for an extra Grey Knight. If you go this route, you'll have to drop a squad member (familiar is the best choice), and you might want to give him power-armour to get him and the Gun-Servitors out of the majority save, allowing you to put wounds on the "ablative armor" squad-members.

Your heavy support looks great -- nothing I'd change there. (I'd personally keep them as-is, and not drop the extra-armor. Melta Bombs are all well and good if you have points to spare, but they can hardly be considered a main tank-hunting option on footsloggers, and doing so will weaken your main tank-hunters.)

Your Troops/Fast Attack sections are the only place that could use some more points, as the squads are smallish (though finding the points is always the challenge ). I personally don't like having psycannons in Grey Knight squads, as it robs them of their close-combat ability, and makes them uber-expensive space marines with a slightly more powerful heavy-bolter. Dropping both of the ones in your Troops squads in addition to downgrading the I-Lord will get your squads up to 7/7/6, or whatever distribution you prefer. Alternatively, if you want to keep the psycannons, consider putting both guns in the 5-man squad, which can then act as a stationary firebase. Deploy them in cover with a good view and you're good to go. That'll leave your 7-man troop squad more mobile and stronger in close combats. Any points you free up with other changes should go towards beefing up that bigger squad and your Fast Attack squad.

Good luck!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

+ Reply to Thread