Blood Ravens 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Blood Ravens 1500pts

Blood Ravens
    See but Don't be Seen
    Trust Your Battle-Brothers
    Flesh over Steel

Epistolary - 179pts
    Epistolary with Force Weapon, Combi-Plasma Gun, Bionics Psychic Hood, Terminator Armour, Fury of the Ancients, Storm of the Emperor's Wrath, Familiar

Terminator Squad - 250pts
    Sergeant with Power Weapon, Storm Bolter
    2 Terminators with Storm Bolters, Power Fists
    2 Terminators with Assault Cannons, Chainfists

Dreadnought - 143
    Dreadnought with Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Lascannon, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
    Scout Squad - 95pts
    Sergeant with Sniper Rifle
    Space Marine Scout with Missile Launcher
    3 Space Marine Scouts with Sniper Rifles

Tactical Squad - 235pts
    Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Counter Attack, True Grit, Frag Grenades, Power Fist, Terminator Honours
    7 Space Marines with Bolters, Counter Attack, True Grit, Frag Grenades
    Space Marine with Counter Attack, True Grit, Frag Grenades, Heavy Bolter
    Space Marine with Counter Attack, True Grit, Frag Grenades, Plasma Gun

Scout Squad - 83pts
    Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Teleport Homer, Terminator Honours
    4 Space Marine Scouts with Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon

Tactical Squad - 235pts
    Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Counter Attack, True Grit, Frag Grenades, Power Fist, Terminator Honours

Land Speeder Squadron - 80pts
    Land Speeder with Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Devastator Squad - 200pts
    Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Infiltrate, Power Fist, Terminator Honours
    4 Space Marines with Infiltrate, Missile Launcher

Total - 1500pts

Sorta fluffy what do you think guys??

Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Hi there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    Sorta fluffy what do you think guys??
    I am no fluff expert and more of a powergamer type of player (or whatever you call someone designing his lists for effectiveness first and other things second). To answer your question: I do think your Blood Angels list is very fluffy! I just don't know about the Dreadnought or if Terminators would have two Assault Cannons in fluff.
    If you are -beyond the fluff- interested in how you could -possibly- make your list more effective (going against fluff sometimes, though) feel free to read the following. If not: disregard it (though I have made a suggestion at the very end that keeps in with the fluff and pushes effectiveness nonetheless).

Epistolary - 179pts
    Epistolary with Force Weapon, Combi-Plasma Gun, Bionics Psychic Hood, Terminator Armour, Fury of the Ancients, Storm of the Emperor's Wrath, Familiar
    As long as the enemy is far away you will probably want to use Fury of the Ancients. As soon as the enemy is within 12" (or 18", because you can walk 6" and then "shoot") you may want to convert to Storm of the Emperor's Wrath. There's little room for a Plasma shot in there, even less for a Bolter. Why not take a Plasma Pistol on him for the same price? Yeah, you can only shoot it 12"+6" instead of 24" (or twice at 12"+6"), but you can shoot it in as many turns as you wish and -most importantly- gain another attack in close combat!
    Bionics are probably a little overkill too. Maybe you will want to keep him cheap(er) and spend the points elsewhere.

Terminator Squad - 250pts
    Sergeant with Power Weapon, Storm Bolter
    2 Terminators with Storm Bolters, Power Fists
    2 Terminators with Assault Cannons, Chainfists
    I think the Chainfists are overkill. The Assault Cannons will kill almost anything (except a Monolith, where the Chainfists won't be of any help either), and if you get to roll unlucky, then the Powerfists will probably finish the job. I would fear that under torrent of fire (it's a five man squad in a 1,500 points game) I would lose those Assault Cannon toting Terminators at an even higher cost...

Dreadnought - 143
    Dreadnought with Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Lascannon, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
    This support Dreadnought will sit back and shoot. I'd look out for a nice piece of cover to hide it in in order to achieve the effect of the smokes without losing the ability to fire. If the smokes weren't so low in points I would drop them entirely (so if you come to need them elsewhere desperately, come back here).
    The Dreadnought is the only real armor (the Tornado doesn't count) in a 1,500 points list. It is going to be the focus and only really rewarding target for all the enemy anti-tank weaponry. Prepare for it to die quickly. I would suggest dropping it. But if you want to keep it and not add any other vehicles (unfluffly and all) then consider making it a venerable one at least.

Scout Squad - 95pts
    Sergeant with Sniper Rifle
    Space Marine Scout with Missile Launcher
    3 Space Marine Scouts with Sniper Rifles
    Fluff aside, our sniper rifles are pretty uneffective in the game for their points. If you rely on that pinning you should consider sizing up the squad. Otherwise drop it or go hunting for light vehicles (AV10).

Tactical Squad - 235pts
    You will do much more damage sitting back and rapid-firing all those Bolters, the Plasma Gun and the Heavy Bolter, than when charging. You don't gain that extra attack on the charge anyhow, so rather shoot and grant the enemy his extra attack. You will fight with your full compliment of attacks anyhow and greatly damage the enemy before he can charge. That said: you don't need the frag grenades. Free those points! Same for your second Tactical squad.

Scout Squad - 83pts
    Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Teleport Homer, Terminator Honours
    4 Space Marine Scouts with Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon
    Maybe it is unfluffy, but the Sergeant should have a Powerfist for effectiveness' sake. You already paid for Terminator Honors anyhow.

Land Speeder Squadron - 80pts
    Land Speeder with Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter
    Always fine! Though a single one seems a little lost in such big a list...

Devastator Squad - 200pts
    Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Infiltrate, Power Fist, Terminator Honours
    4 Space Marines with Infiltrate, Missile Launcher
    Infiltrating them is nasty in order to gain the advantage! But the squad is a little tiny. Since the rest of your main tank hunting potential (Dreadnought) is quite vulnerable too, this may leave you pretty prone in regard to enemy armor. (Of course: the Terminators are still there! But they are as good killing infantry as they are killing armor...)

My main suggestions: Drop the Sniper Scouts, drop the Bionics on the Epistolary, drop the Chainfists on the Terminators and drop the frag grenades on the Tacticals. Add a Powerfist to the remaining Scout Sergeant, add 3 more Marines to your Devastator squad, make the Dreadnought venerable and then feel free to use the remaining 50 points however you like (a sixth Terminator for casualty purposes and a teleport homer on the Tactical squads each for some extra flexibility, mabye, or size up that close combat Scout squad calling in your Terminators...).
    Or perhaps if you want to stick tight to the fluff: make the Dreadnought venerable and the Devastators a full 10-man squad and drop the Sniper Scouts. It will keep both of the former units alive for _so_ much longer that they will most certainly get the chance to make up for losing those rifles and that one Missile Launcher.
    Switching the Epistolary's Combiplasma to a Plasma Pistol is probably okay with fluff too, so I'd do that in any case.

Regards,
    Archer

+ Reply to Thread