Fast and Powerful: 2000 pts. of Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast and Powerful: 2000 pts. of Space Wolves

HQ:
    Wolf Guard Battle Leader:
    Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Runic Armor. .

Wolf Guard Battle Leader:
    Power Fist, Storm Bolter, Terminator Armor, Frag Grenades.

Venerable Dreadnought
    Assault Cannon, Extra Armor.

Elites:
    Wolf Guard Bodyguard:
    4 men, Terminator Armor, storm bolters, power fists. .

Troops:
    Grey Hunter Squad Alpha:
    10 men, Bolters, Meltagun, Frag Grenades.
    Rhino w/extra armor, smoke launchers.

Grey Hunter Squad Beta:
    9 men, Meltaguna, Frag Grenades. .

Blood Claw Pack:
    10 men, 2 power fists.

Fast Attack:
    Blood Claws Bike Pack:
    6 men, melta gun, power weapon, power fist.

Land Speeder Tornado:
    Assault Cannon and Heavy Bolter.

Heavy Support:
    Leman Runn Exterminator:
    Extra Armor, lascannon, pintle mounted storm bolter, hunterkiller missile, smoke launchers.

Long Fang Pack:
    5 men, 2 lascannons, 1 plasma cannon, 1 heavy bolter.

2,000 points exactly. Totally legal. The artificier armed battle leader will accompany the 9 man squad of Grey Hunters. This army is meant to move as fast as possible, the rhinos, bikers, and Land Speeder maneuvering under cover fire from the tank and long fangs.

Thanks for any replies, they will be met with rep.
    --LittleBlueMan

Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good, but i have a few issues. First of all, i prefer to go either all mech or not, that way the opponent will have more armoured targets to shoot at. So, i would drop the long fangs in favor of a predator annihalator with heavy bolter sponsons, idealy two if you can find the points. I would also drop the fist on the battle leader and grab a frost blade so you can take advantage of the high initiative. I would drop the lascannon off the russ in favor of a heavy bolter for more anti-infantry power. Lastly, i would not take only one land speeder, it is just too weak and does not have enough killing power to be effective. I always take at least two of them in my lists. Hope this helped!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. It does help. However, I do not have the other landspeeder model that you refer to. The replacement for the longfangs idea by a predator is a great idea. I do have the model, with a little swapping, to get that tank. I dislike long-fangs in general, because they do not have enough meat-shields and tend to fail easy leadership checks.

I like the lascannon on the leman-russ, but I'll see how it does during playtesting.

I have discovered that the land-speeder is excellent against deep-striking gun drone squadrons. It almost is guaranteed to make them flee or die. I may get a second, if money permits.

I already have one high-initiative frost-blade equipped commander, and I wanted the leader to fit in with the terminator squad he will accompany.

Reputation given for good help.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more comment, ever try out razorbacks, i have just started to use them and find that they work exeptionally well. especially when you use them to support Bloodclaws and terminators. I take the twin-linked lascannons to improve my tank hunting ability. I think the razorbacks could work well in your list, but that is mostly personal preference. One more thing i noticed, i would consider adding some assault cannons to your terminator squad, always effective and won't let you down. Nice list, and i hope i haven't bored you with my replies.

+ Reply to Thread