2000 Puritan - LRC Rush - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Puritan - LRC Rush [Fun Build]

I wonder if such a build would work.

HQ: 456pt.
    Grandmaster w/ Incinerator & 6 Grey Knight Terminators w/ 1 Incinerator

Elite: pt. 280pt.
    Inquisitor w/ Incinerator, Master-crafted Lightning Claw, Terminator Armour [join HQ]
    Inquisitor w/ Incinerator, Master-crafted Lightning Claw, Power Armour [join GK squad 1]
    Inquisitor w/ Incinerator, Master-crafted Lightning Claw, Power Armour [join GK squad 2]

Troops: 400pt.
    Grey Knight Justicar w/ Meltabombs & 5 Grey Knights w/ 2 Incinerators
    Grey Knight Justicar w/ Meltabombs & 5 Grey Knights w/ 2 Incinerators

Heavy Support: 834pt.
    Land Raider Crusader w/ Smoke Launchers, Stormbolter, Psycannon Bolts

Total: 1970pt.

Explanations:
    Grandmaster because the whole concept is heavily assault based.
    I added spiced up Inquisitors instead more default troops to get that extra-punch on disembark with Incinerators.
    Land Raider Crusaders got Stormbolter to maximize Bolter shots for a minimum on costs and it fits quite well.
    Psycannon bolts also fits very well on LRCs because it affects every weapon on them (except the Multimelta) if I got this correctly.
    IF concept works, it should also work on lower point games with ... say ... only 2 LRCs.

Tactics:
    This is an "all-out attack" rush concept. Simple but difficult to play I can imagine.
    HQ and Troops embark into LRCs while Inqusitors join the squads and wreak havoc on their enemies when disembarking.
    For tank killing purposes I thought to use the Assault Cannons (pretty good against any type of armour imo if in range, particularly because they are Twin-Linked) and Meltabombs.

There are still some problems of course.
    The longer you need to reach enemy lines, the more you risk your whole army. (Because everything except your non-scoring units sits in the Raiders)
    Ideally you get to assault on Turn 1 or 2, the faster ... the better.

Major drawback: Don't ever play that build against armies with a lot of Rending or similar weapons.
    Let's think of NECRONS, your army will die a painfull and senseless death. I think I don't have to comment on this more...
    Highly mobile forces are bad too, once you stay alone in the battlefield it means problems...

At last, I'm not gonna try that list (just because it would mean I have to buy another 2 LRCs), it only got into my brain and had to write it down

Last edited by daisho; November 18th, 2007 at 09:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

you need an inquisitor to field assassins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, forgot that. Fixed the List and added Inquisitors instead of Assassins to support the troops.
    Meh, I don't think that list will win very much, but if someone plays SM, Orks, 'Nids or Chaos and get engaged with this force on Turn 1 or 2 the face must be hillarious

+ Reply to Thread