1500 pt Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

1500 pt Space Wolves

Here is a 1500 pt List I was thinking about trying potentially for a Tournament

HQ
    Wolf Lord - Belt of Russ, Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol

Wolf Priest - Rosarius, Crozious, Bolt pistol

Elites

Venerable Dreadnought - Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer

5 Wolf Scouts - Power Weapon, Meltagub

Troops

10 Grey Hunters - Bolters, CCW, Meltagun, power weapon, power fist - Rhino Extra Armour

9 Grey Hunters - Bolters, CCW, Meltagun, power weapon, power fist - Rhino Extra Armour

14 Blood Claws - fg,bp, CCW, Meltagun, 2 power weapons, power fist

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader

I am curious what people think... Main plan would be to use the Crudaser and roll that into the middle of the enemy line and Assaulting the blood claws out of it with either the wolf Lord or the Wolf Priest.

While the two rhinos with the grey hunters will go into one side and crush it before moving onto the other side... the dreadnought is there to support both blood claws and Grey hunters supporing the attack line...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

the usual problem with wolves is the requirement to have more HQs than you actually should have, yet here you are sneaking in extras!

not bad list, would like more powerfists in the troops, I think you will struggle against decent anti armour armies, having invested so heavily in ensuring your units have transports, you also have a bit of a numbers problem with ponly 4 units on the table capable of holding objectives or table quarters
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

If you are going to take a dreadnought take a Space Wolf Venerable I always say lol... with WS & BS 5 as well as 3 A on profile and all the little subtle rules they are so much fun...

I guess it is more designed for my current oposition... as at the moment I am facing tau a bit and they have a lack of rail guns so the land raider will be a real headache for him, as long as I get to his stealth suits which won't be a problem though.

I understand what you mean about the lack of troops... I also play Dark eldar and it is scary what I could have on the table at 1500pts with them. I'm sort of in 2 minds about the power fists. I like them but I hate striking at I 1, I can always swap out a few power weapons for power fists, but the power weapons do come in hand at times.

I think though that the Rhions in a way can make up for the lack of troops by blocking LOS so they cannot be shot at, also was thinking of using the Land Raider to protect the rhinos... here is another list I used to run which I haven't for a while I am curoius what you will think.

HQ

Wolf Guard Battle Leader - Power weapon, bolt pistol

Elites

Venerable Deadnought - assault cannon, heavy flamer

5 Wolf Scouts - meltagun, power weapon

Troops

10 Grey Hunters - meltagun, power weapon, powerfist

9 Blood Claws - Meltagun, power weapon, powerfist - Rhino, extra armour

9 Blood Claws - Meltagun, Power weapon, powerfist

Fast attack

3 Blood Claw Bikers

4 Blood Claw Bikers

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader.

That gives me the 2 units of bike which I can either sit back and hide then take objectives at the end, or move up quickly as a distraction getting into CC with units of big guns. To protect everything else... its similar but slightly different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

dubious about BC bikers without any power fist action they are asking to get tied up by a dread or similar, without that they are a little inconsequential although has more scoring units, you seem to have an aversion to longfangs, is this any reason in particular? vulnerability?
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I love long Fangs but at the same time I find them quite vulnerable on the battlefield. Whenever I have feilded them they have been quite successful but I am a more agressive player and like to push into the enemy line and they are a static unit.

have played around with the idea of running a pack master and 2 long fangs in a rhino but they are also quite expensive to field normally around 250pts for 5 which hurts a bit.

I was thinking that the blood claw bikers are more objective taker units than anything else although I could throw in some power fists if needed but yeah more about late game objective taking and they have the speed to avoid deadnoughts and other scary units I don't like.

That is what I am thinking anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I would definately dump the Battle leader and give the Dreadnought HQ status. That would free up some points in which I think every squad should be given a wolfguard with lightning claws, and bonus attack for being charged. At 53 points you get 4 lightning claw attacks when you either charge or get charged...that is pretty sweer. Plus it lets you take 2 powerfists in the squads to finish off combats...I know you don't like them, but I think they are what make the greyhunters great.

I liked your first list a little more than the second, as low WS bikers just don't do it for me...the charge is nice, but you are still only getting 9 or 12 attacks...that just isn't enough. If they survive the first round you are down to 3 or 4 attacks, that is no good for anything that costs so many points.

I think the first list could do well, with the lord, bloodclaws (which should take a flamer instead of a melta...thier BS is too low to spend those points), and dred taking a center objective; your grey hunters taking objectives that are wide on the table, and your scouts contesting an objective that starts near your enemies table edge. And if you crusader is still out and about it can contest objectives. The only real problem is that armor heavy lists will really be difficult to handle (especially if the armor is the indestructable skimmer type)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I'd to...

HQ

Wolf Priest - Rosarius, Crozious, Bolt pistol

I'm not a real big fan of Dreds because they get popped too easy, but if you want to play one then use it as a HQ choice and drop the Priest because they're about the same point value and make him Venerable. The Lord is a good choice!!!!

Elites

5 Wolf Scouts - Power Weapon, Meltagub

Get rid of the Ven Dred and boost up the scouts to the max with 6. How I kit mine is Meltagun, 2 plasma, and rest BP's, Frags and two power weapons. I also love MB's because my opponent loves to sit a tank on the backside!!! This will run you around 175 pts., but I guarantee it'll knock out more in point values!!! You're probably saying isn't this a little overkill with having a meltagun and MB's? Yes, it could be, but with my experience with dice rolls some times a BS of 4 and miss too! Plus, the MG is a good Insta-Kill weapon for the opponents HQ if it's the closest legal target.

Troops

10 Grey Hunters - Bolters, CCW, Meltagun, power weapon, power fist - Rhino Extra Armour

9 Grey Hunters - Bolters, CCW, Meltagun, power weapon, power fist - Rhino Extra Armour

14 Blood Claws - fg,bp, CCW, Meltagun, 2 power weapons, power fist

How I like to play is try to out number the troop choices of my opponent, some how I feel that this is a advantage for me. Then again I play with about 55% troops selection. I like to play with Drop Pods. Get rid of your Heavy choice because 265 pts for a 1500 pt. list is a load. Add another pack of Claws with PF's and drop them all in. That's 4 troop choices. Save the points on the PF's and get PW's for the hunters because you have no Frags on them to where you'll want to charge the opponent into cover, if you do it'll be like they're all going with an initiative of 1. Use them as fire suppt.

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader

This is really meant for termies, but usable for everything else. Frag grenade launchers which your BC's already have frags, nice armament, but you could get the better use out of three L. Speeder Tornado's with Assault Cannon and H. Bolters, plus moves faster to take table corners.

I hope you understand my point of view on this, not that you had a bad list to begin with, but there's always a better list.
    Scott Anderson
    Nope, still not done painting yet
    No GW, not another price increase!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing I forgot to tell you...
    Try to keep your Pack sizes to a even number for scoring purposes at the end of the match. For example...
    You have a starting pack of 9 all your opponent has to do is kill four in that pack to get half points instead of having to kill 5 if your pack if your starting pack size is 10. Just a little tid bit for you.
    Scott Anderson
    Nope, still not done painting yet
    No GW, not another price increase!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Thanks for the advice... just one thing though. I thought that if you ran units on 9 your opponent still has to kill 5 to get you below half strength...

I know what you mean about the land raider it is a point sink at 1500 pts so I might run another blood claw pack which I will outfit as much as I can...

I think the reason why I normally throw in a Land Raider in the army was sort of two fold... It draws the attention away from the venerable dreadnought and enemies waste their big weapons on it so the Dread last a little longer...

How is this list?

HQ
    Wolf Lord - Belt of Russ, frost blade, bolt pistol

Elites
    6 Wolf Scouts - 2 Plasma Pistols, Meltagun, Meltabombs

Troops
    10 Grey hunters - bolters - meltagun, power weapon - Rhino

10 Grey Hunters - bolter - meltagun, power weapon - Rhino

12 Blood Claws - flamer, 2 power weapons, power fist

12 Blood Claws - Flamer, 2 power weapons, power fist

Fast Attack

Land Speeder Tornado - HB & AC

Land Speeder Tornado - HB & AC

Is this slightly better... must admit I have always liked running Land raiders as most opponents I have played lately have really lacked the ability to penertate the armour.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Is converting a bunch of Drop Pods an option? From what I hear Space Wolves are brutal when it comes to 'Pod assaults.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast