1000 Drop Pod Strike Force- Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

1000 Drop Pod Strike Force- Friendly

Well, generally a Tyranid and Dark Eldar player, waiting for more of my Raiders to come in at my hobby store, I decided to take my brother's marines out for a spin.

I absolutely love drop pods. The concept is brilliant. I also see Drop Pods as the main reason Space Marines have an edge over their evil Chaos brethren.

Without further ado, here is my list! Your comments are highly valued.

Trait: Cleanse and Purify
    Disadvantage: Have Pride in Your Colors

HQ:
    Epistolary- Force Weapon, Fear of the Darkness (5), Emperor's Wrath= 120
    Command Squad: 6 Marines, 1 Flamer, 1 Meltagun=106
    Drop Pod= 30

Troops: (3 identical units)
    7 Marines: 2 Meltaguns. Sergeant with Powerfist (total of 8 Marines)=170
    Drop Pod= 30

Elite:
    Dreadnaught: Heavy Flamer, Assault Cannon, CC Weapon=115
    Drop Pod=30

Total: 1001

A full podding army (5 drop pods), used to utterly crush one flank of an enemy, with one or two units to snatch objectives is the plan.

Now I was wondering whether to add some land based forces for turn one, since in a test match (only 3 turns, alas), my Chaos opponent moved his Heavy Bolter Havoks into a very good firing position. I doubt he would have tried this if there was actually a threat on the field.

Note: I'd like to thank Forged for his brilliant Drop Pod tactica- I've tried to incorporate him in this list.

Thanks in advance to all who read, even more so to those who can critique!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by darkspawn327 View Post
    Well, generally a Tyranid and Dark Eldar player, waiting for more of my Raiders to come in at my hobby store, I decided to take my brother's marines out for a spin.

I absolutely love drop pods. The concept is brilliant. I also see Drop Pods as the main reason Space Marines have an edge over their evil Chaos brethren.

Without further ado, here is my list! Your comments are highly valued.

Trait: Cleanse and Purify
    Disadvantage: Have Pride in Your Colors

HQ:
    Epistolary- Force Weapon, Fear of the Darkness (5), Emperor's Wrath= 120
    Command Squad: 6 Marines, 1 Flamer, 1 Meltagun=106
    Drop Pod= 30

Troops: (3 identical units)
    7 Marines: 2 Meltaguns. Sergeant with Powerfist (total of 8 Marines)=170
    Drop Pod= 30

Elite:
    Dreadnaught: Heavy Flamer, Assault Cannon, CC Weapon=115
    Drop Pod=30

Total: 1001

A full podding army (5 drop pods), used to utterly crush one flank of an enemy, with one or two units to snatch objectives is the plan.

Now I was wondering whether to add some land based forces for turn one, since in a test match (only 3 turns, alas), my Chaos opponent moved his Heavy Bolter Havoks into a very good firing position. I doubt he would have tried this if there was actually a threat on the field.

Note: I'd like to thank Forged for his brilliant Drop Pod tactica- I've tried to incorporate him in this list.

Thanks in advance to all who read, even more so to those who can critique!
    I play an ultramarines list that is almost identical to yours. I use the Cleanse and Purify trait and drop pods and I use the same loadout on a dreadnought.

I prefer to give my tactical squads fragmentation grenades. A great psychic power that I like to use is the veil of time which lets him re-roll everything for his turn.

Good luck!
    Last edited by 4theEmperor!; November 25th, 2007 at 08:13. Reason: I left a word out.
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

+ Reply to Thread