2500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: Brother-Captain - 91pts
    Psycannon

Elites: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - 70pts
    Terminator Armour, Psycannon

Elites: Vindicare Assassin - 110pts

Troops: Grey Knightsx10 1 - 276pts
    Targeter

Troops: Grey Knightsx10 2 - 276pts
    Targeter

Troops: Grey Knightsx10 3 - 276pts
    Targeter

Troops: Grey Knightsx10 4 - 276pts
    Targeter

Fast Attack: Grey Knightsx10 1 - 276pts
    Targeter

Fast Attack: Grey Knightsx10 2 - 276pts
    Targeter

Fast Attack: Grey Knightsx10 3 - 276pts
    Targeter

Heavy Support: Grey Knight Dreadnought 1 -145pts
    TLLC, ML, Extra Armour

Heavy Support: Grey Knight Dreadnought 2 -145pts
    TLLC, ML, Extra Armour

Heavy Support: Grey Knight Dreadnought 3 -145pts
    TLLC, ML, Extra Armour

Total: 2493 points
    73 models, 3 Walkers/Vehicles
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok heres the break down of how I plan to use my units. The BC is there for mobile support fire or if I decide to drop and try to take down back armour or mix things up. In a sense a cheap yet effective HQ.

The Inquistor is for the same the same reason as the BC and lets me bring my assassin. I know that many people dislike the Vindicare assassin, but I use it mostly to pick out particularly dangerous models like plasma, melta, power/weapon. If i can take out the special weapons in shooting it forces them to come to me.

If i take care of the close combat effectiveness of a squad I'll charge forward. Basically I need to cause a situation where the odds are not just in my favor but a situation where I will take the least amout of casualties. Sure I can run in and go toe to toe with another, but whats the point if I come out with only half the models?

4 solid squads of PAGK with targeters so that it lets me make sure i get my charges or always shoot somthing each turn. Use them as the situation needs

3 More Squads as FAGK I know I will be placing one on the field with the rest and DS one. The last will decide when I get there. I dont like DS since mine never land where they should or on top of something I usually get 8+ inches scatter just about everytime. I do like it when half way through the game my already mentally worn oppenent has just wither 5 squads of grey knights on the field only to forget that more fresh squads are to come. Can put wrenches in enemy formulated plans.

The 3 dreads are to pop armour. Not much else to it.

last 7 points if u can find something usefull let me know

I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

I can tell you one thing for sure: MikeTehFox would like this list =P.

Seriously, that's a whole heck of a lot of Grey Knights on the board! I like your list quite a lot. For the last points, you can snag two sets of smoke launchers for your Dreadnoughts. Last point... ehhhh... I guess Frag Grenades are about all you could spring for on one of your Justicars. Alternatively, you could use the extra points for Auspexes on three Justicars, on the off-chance that someone infiltrates within range.

Good luck!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

That is a lot of PAGK, and to think I thought I was crazy having 50 of them. The only real problem with your list is the problem all Pure Daemonhunter armies have and that is low anti tank. If you play well though you should do fine as long as you dont go against an all mech force.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

You know, another thing you might consider is using some Inducted IG. You could add a couple of Infantry Platoon/Armored Fist squads for some additional heavy weapons. This would also allow you to take a Sentinel squadron with Lascannons for even more anti-tank. Just a thought. After all, Stormbolter spammage is great and all, but it's nice to have some longer-range punch for things like Tyranid Monstrous Creatures that you don't really want to get into combat with =).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    I can tell you one thing for sure: MikeTehFox would like this list =P.
    I do lo...wait...whats this?

Heavy Support: Grey Knight Dreadnought 1 -145pts
    TLLC, ML, Extra Armour

Heavy Support: Grey Knight Dreadnought 2 -145pts
    TLLC, ML, Extra Armour

Heavy Support: Grey Knight Dreadnought 3 -145pts
    TLLC, ML, Extra Armour
    RRRRRAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEE!!!

Luckily for my I've left my dignity at the door and can honestly say this; at 2500 point I don't mind the TLLC/ML dreads as much, over 2000 points tanks and Anti-tank weapons become so common that Ac/DCCW dreads are not the best bet unless there is lots of terrain.

Make sure you let us know how it goes!

Mike

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I love this list and I see that you have maxed out the dreads for anti tank which is a good thing. However you are in a large battle and your dreads may not last long. I would drop one grey knight and 2 targeters and get meltabombs for each justicar as a little insurance.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, I was thinking about taking the Inquistor and Assassin out to make room for yes and 8th squad of PAGK, but like I said there is a theory behind putting them there. The meltabombs are a good idea, but I figure nobody would be stupid enough to get close and like it was said before, if I'm relying on meltas to pop a vehicle I'm prettty much up the creek
    I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by cl30003000 View Post
    The meltabombs are a good idea, but I figure nobody would be stupid enough to get close and like it was said before, if I'm relying on meltas to pop a vehicle I'm prettty much up the creek
    Agreed. MB's are nice for a little anti-Dreadnought insurance, but I don't think they can be considered a main tank-hunting element. The only way I can see to get more anti-tank in the list as it stands would be to switch to an Eversor Assassin (he's got MB's, and the extended charge range + infiltration to give him a fair chance to use them). Otherwise, you could add in a unit of Seraphim (2x TL Inferno Pistols FTW!), Melta-toting ISTs in a transport, or, as mentioned earlier, Inducting IG. Of course, you'd have to drop a unit of Knights to make that happen, most likely.

Good luck with the list!

-H
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com

+ Reply to Thread