1750ish Space Marine list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750ish Space Marine list

So I'm looking through my 2nd edition Space Marine army, and thinking about revamping it and using it again. I would need to get some new models, and change some arms and such...

Here is a potential list, based on what I Have and what is close to being set up correctly for 4th edition... I just want something playable to start with, from there I can build it up and fine tune it.

Thoughts?

HQ 1 Epistolary @ 210 Pts
    Force Weapon; Storm Bolter; Veil of Time; Psychic Hood; Storm of the Emperor's Wrath
    1 Adamantine Mantle
    1 Psychic Hood
    1 Terminator Armor

HQ: Master of Sanctity @ 135
    Crozius Arcanum; Storm Bolter; Rosarius
    1 Rosarius
    1 Terminator Armor

Elite: Terminator Squad @ 260 Pts
    x5 termies
    Power Fist (x5); Storm Bolter (x4); Assault Cannon (x1)
    1 Sergeant
    Power Weapon (x1); Storm Bolter

Elite: Dreadnought 135 Pts
    Missile Launcher; Twin Linked Lascannon

Elite: Dreadnought 135 Pts
    Missile Launcher; Twin Linked Lascannon

Troops: Tactical Squad
    5 Tactical Squad @ 195 Pts
    Bolter (x4); Heavy Bolter (x1)
    1 Razorback
    Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
    1 Sergeant
    Power Weapon (x1); Storm Bolter; Terminator Honors

Troops: Tactical Squad
    5 Tactical Squad @ 175 Pts
    Bolter (x4); Heavy Bolter (x1)
    1 Rhino
    Storm Bolter
    1 Sergeant
    Power Weapon (x1); Storm Bolter; Terminator Honors

Fast Attack: Assault Squad
    8 Assault Squad @ 198 Pts
    Jump Packs; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x; Close Combat Weapon (x
    1 Sergeant
    Jump Packs; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol & CCW

Heavy Support: Devastator Squad
    7 Devastator Squad @ 230 Pts
    Bolter (x3); Lascannon (x2); Missile Launcher (x2)
    1 Sergeant
    Bolter

Heavy Support: Whirlwind
    1 Whirlwind @ 85 Pts
    Vengenance Missiles; Whirlwind Multiple Missile Launcher

Total Roster Cost: 1753

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some quick responses.

Most players go for powerfists on their Vet Sergeants, since it's useful against troops and also against vehicles if you are luckily within charging range. So much fun when a powerfist blows up a land raider or monolith While we're on the Vet Sgts issue, don't give them storm bolters. One additional shot is not worth sacrificing a power weapon or powerfist attack.

Your tactical units seem to be designed for shooting I believe? You may want to consider a plasma cannon if you want to maintain the 36" threat range, or a missile launcher for more versatility. If you are lucky you can get more than 3 hits with the cannon, and it's AP value is great.

Your terminators, if you can spare the points should have another Assault Cannon. Nothing infuriates an opponent more than 8 potentially rending shots per volley I assume your HQ is moving in together with your Termies, hopefully they are deep striking or they will be shot down fast.

Vehicle-wise I would go with just rhinos instead of razorbacks, but this depends on your overall strat.

Assault squad, move your Chaplain here! There is absolutely no reason not to attach him here, since his Litanies of Hate will rip apart anything in its way. Don't forget to give him the pistol and Termie Honours.

Devastator squad should be retooled to be 4 missile launchers, which seems to be the general advice given by more senior players here. If you take a look at the cost, and the versatility of missile launchers, you can see why it's solid advice. That single point of strength is only going to make a difference against vehicles with AVs of 14, on other occasions it's pretty much wasted.

+ Reply to Thread