Space Marines 2000pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marines 2000pt

Ok this is my army list, I am putting it onto the forums as one of three army lists I’m doing at the moment: Space marines, Tau and Eldar. They are all based at 2000 points but will be usable in 1500 or 1000 points with either a few dropped units or modifications. I will be doing Necrons at some point but rumours are there is a new codex on the way so I’ll wait for it, I am posting this note at the beginning of all three articles as a kind of “HELP ME!!!!” advertisement as any and all input is appreciated so I would be grateful for any help on any of the lists.

1000pts –
    Master 150
    with Jump pack, lightning claws and iron halo

7 assault marines 154

8 space marines + rhino 213
    with 2 meltaguns, smoke, extra armour and storm bolter

5 scouts 88
    with Terminator honours, power sword

Vindicator 130
    with Extra armour

8 space marines 260
    with 4 lascannons

1500pts-
    5 Terminators 240
    with 2 assault cannons

2 Land speeder tornados 160

Dreadnought 105

2000pts-
    8 space marines + rhino 203
    with Extra armour and smoke

2 land speeder tornados 160

Predator Annihilator 120
    with Heavy bolters and extra armour

Traits: Advantage = Cleanse and Purify
    Minor draw back = We Stand Alone

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, first and foremost is to swap the master for a Chaplain. My fully tooled up Chaplain is about 150+ points, and since he and anything he joins gets re-roll to hit on a charge, he's perfect for attaching to a jump assault squad.

For your devastators, consider using 4 missile launchers instead of 4 lascannons. It's cheaper, more versatile since you can choose to destroy MEQs or hordes, and it's only 1 strength point different when using against vehicles. The saved points can be reallocated elsewhere.

I'm not entirely sure what you plan to do with your scouts? Maybe a more detailed explanation will help.

Vindicators are fun, but they require some practice due to its unique weapon. The amount of weapons it has is very limited so it may be reduced to a useless vehicle fast. Be sure not to confuse yourself on the movement + firing limitation :party:

I'm assuming whichever squads you're sending to the front are equipped with a powerfist sergeant. It's a common, but excellent recommendation.

Your dreadnought seems to be CC-oriented. Consider a drop pod or venerable status / extra armour so he can reach his destination. That armour will allow you to charge when stunned, and since he seems to be CC oriented, you want all the help you can get.
    Last edited by Firaya; December 3rd, 2007 at 05:17. Reason: Edited text in italics

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by unholyheretic View Post
    Ok this is my army list, I am putting it onto the forums as one of three army lists I’m doing at the moment: Space marines, Tau and Eldar. They are all based at 2000 points but will be usable in 1500 or 1000 points with either a few dropped units or modifications. I will be doing Necrons at some point but rumours are there is a new codex on the way so I’ll wait for it, I am posting this note at the beginning of all three articles as a kind of “HELP ME!!!!” advertisement as any and all input is appreciated so I would be grateful for any help on any of the lists.

1000pts –
    Master 150
    with Jump pack, lightning claws and iron halo
    Like was said, make him a chaplain, give him a pistol and frags. Should be about 136 pts.

[quote]7 assault marines 154 [\quote] Insert chaplain here!

8 space marines + rhino 213
    with 2 meltaguns, smoke, extra armour and storm bolter
    Give the Sgt a power fist, and give them all frag grenades. These items are a must.

5 scouts 88
    with Terminator honours, power sword
    could be some assaulty fun here, but you are missing out on one of the great joys in life...Power armor! Give them frags if you keep them.

Vindicator 130
    with Extra armour
    Power of the Machine Spirit. This tank does not use ballistic skill. It rolls a scatter die, so PotMS will not hurt it at all. It allows it to move and shoot! It is WONDERFUL!!!! DON'T TAKE A VINDI WITHOUT IT

8 space marines 260
    with 4 lascannons
    Very expensive dev squad. I take 4 Missile Launchers. How about trying 2 lascanons and 2 ML. They have identical range and both have the anti-armor mission (or taking out multi-wound models in power armor...)

1500pts-
    5 Terminators 240
    with 2 assault cannons

2 Land speeder tornados 160
    Good. Terminators are expensive and will draw a ALOT of fire. They are rarely worth it for me. Be careful with them!!!!!

Dreadnought 105
    extra armor is cheap (for now!) a drop pod will get him to the fight WAYYYYYY faster, and is cheap too. If you want anti-infantry, give him a heavy flamer.

2000pts-
    8 space marines + rhino 203
    with Extra armour and smoke
    power fist!

2 land speeder tornados 160

Predator Annihilator 120
    with Heavy bolters and extra armour

Traits: Advantage = Cleanse and Purify
    Minor draw back = We Stand Alone
    These units are nice...
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

+ Reply to Thread