Ig 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ig 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ig 1500

HQ:
    Command Squad-- Junior officer w/ HI, power weapon, 2plasma guns, 2 lasguns-- 90
    --AT Support Squad-- 3 Lascannon-- 110
    --AT Support Squad-- 3 Lascannon-- 110

Elite:
    10 Hardened Veterans-- Sergeant w/ powerfist, 3 melta guns, chimera w/ heavy bolter turret and hull mounted heavy bolter-- 220

10 Hardened Veterans-- Sergeant w/ powerfist, 3 melta guns, chimera w/ heavy bolter turret and hull mounted heavy bolter-- 220

Troops:
    Command Squad-- Junior Officer w/powerfist, 2 plasma guns, 2 lasguns-- 80
    --1st squad-- missle launcher-- 75
    --2nd squad-- missle launcher-- 75

Command Squad-- Junior Officer w/ powerfist, 2 plasma guns, 2 lasguns-- 80
    --Squad A-- missle launcher-- 75
    --Squad B-- missle launcher-- 75

Heavy Support:
    Basilisk-- indirect-- 125

Leman Russ-- hull mounted heavy bolter, heavy bolter sponsons-- 155

Total: 1490

C/C Welcome!

Last edited by pervertdhermit; December 24th, 2007 at 21:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

A big stick

I don't know if you have ever visited the Librarium Online Armoury but there is a big stick in there that is dedicated to those people who field IG armies without including any special weapons. Personally I don't have a problem with this but I suspect that some of the regulars may point out that you have some pretty big problems that could be solved by taking a bigger variety of troops and weaponry. In fact someone is probably on their way to get the stick I menitioned right now...

So why would they "give you some stick"? I think it boils down to two things. Variety... You have almost none. Despite taking none of the limited troops types you have not used any doctrines at all. This seems to be a waste of free advantages. You could take drop troops for instance and gain an instant benefit at no additional cost. I think you need to reconsider your options there.

The sceond thing, I did say there were two. Is flexibility. Because you have chosen a very straightforward list you do not have very much ability to adapt. Any fast moving army that gets through the initial barrage is going to roll all over you in CC. This is a real problem and you don't want to leave your games down to one thing. At the moment your list hinges on whether or not you can kill enough of his guys before they get to you...

I for one would be interested to hear about your reasoning for this army selection. Also it would help if you would explain who you will probably be playing against.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why would they "give you some stick"? I think it boils down to two things. Variety... You have almost none.
    Yeh dude VARIETY, the game is kind of supposed to be fun, that is why most people play it, this list can't seriously be fun? Don't say that winning is fun too because as zarahemma said it has no variety and anyone with some kind of mobility (almost all sensible players) will cut you up big time mate.

Even just by giving your sentinels the FREE drop troop ability instantly gives you variety, and more importantly MOBILITY!

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so that list was designed to just sit back and shoot but to be honest it definately got whooped on alot. So i just put up a different list, one that im thinking of using so let me know what you think!!!

+ Reply to Thread