Can you guys look over my list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you guys look over my list

Hey guys I'm in a torney on Saturday and I havn't busted out the old guard in a while let me know what you think of my list and how I am thinking about setting up

HQ
    Heroic Senior Office -
    Macharian Cross -
    Iron Discipline -
    Commisar
    Auto Cannon

Anti Tank
    -3 lascannons
    Mortar

Total 325
    Troops

Platoon 1
    Cmd Squad
    Junior Officer
    Auto Cannon
    Iron Discipline

Squads X 3
    squad
    vet sgt.
    grenade lancher
    Rokkit lancher
    Die Hards
    Sharpshooter

Platoon1 total 372
    Platoon 2
    Cmd Squad
    Junior Officer
    Auto Cannon
    Iron Discipline

Squads X 3
    squad
    vet sgt.
    grenade lancher
    Rokkit lancher
    Die Hards
    Sharpshooter

Platoon 2 total 372

Elites

Rattlings x9

Fast Attack

Hellhound

Hvy Support

Leman Russ
    Lascannon
    Hvy Bolter

Demolisher
    Lascannon
    Hvy Bolter

Bailisk
    inderect fire

Hvy Support 465

Army Total 1748

Last edited by thefraudpunk; January 7th, 2008 at 16:39.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Firstly this list should be in the lists area! im sure it will be moved at some point so lets go to the list,
    secondly get rid of the individual points costs you may be shot for a legal infraction, pulls out bolt pistol...

HQ:
    1. change the HSO to a JO with the honorifica. Drop the macharian cross hmmm actually on second thoughts leave the cross in noone ever uses it...
    2. the autocannon doesnt fir the squad setup too me. It means it will be in the firing line. Call me old fashoine dbut I like to hide my generals away from the fighting with a mortar, as this is your main leaderhsip it may be a good idea.
    3. anti tnak squad seems ok to me, not a personal fave but fine.
    4. same goes to the mortar squad though i am partial to these, i took out a chimera with one of these once mmm those were the days..

Troops:
    1. Platoon commands seem fine to me a nice solid base.
    2. The squads however dont. drop the die hards, you will save a load of points, also sharpshooters on squads isnt the best of ideas either by dropping these thats an extra 90 points or another way a tooled vet squad, a cheap chimera most of a hellhound you getthe idea expensive and much more use elsewhere.

Elites:
    1. I'm not a great fan of the models but our diminutive friends are used for too infrequently keep them in just be careful with them (perhaps a unit to use the macharian cross on to target a character?)

Fast attack
    1. nice flamey death seems fine although extra armour and possibly a pintle stubber woudl help a bit maybe track guards aswell?

Heavy support
    1. Good mix, i'm assuming like me you cant be arsed to convert your russes to 3 hb's so I wont quibble.
    2. perhaps some extra rmour in here to add to their survivability
    3. be shrewd witht the bassie deployment it can really affect the enemies deployment and used as bait can really pull the game your way.

Overall the list doesnt seem too bad. The list seems to lack a little on any speciality although you have taken a lot of allcomers weapons. I left the vet sarges in there as I am assuming you are going to be using COD as a second LD net. Your main vulnerability seems to be counterassault and manoueverability. with careful deployment these shouldnt be too much of an issue, alhtough converting athe squad platoons command to have special weapons could help you out int hat department.

Good luck with the tournie

hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

moved to army list forum
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Looks pretty good for the most part.

A few things I would consider changing...

Macharian Cross? Meh. With a static list like this, it isn't all that important to get that one redeployment. I don't really like Commisars either. It doesn't really seem worth it to buy the one passing of a Ld test when you can just buy a standard and help your Ld out that way. I could see the use of a Commisar in a Conscript platoon or a counter charge unit, but not in this case so much.

Your troops look good. I'm assuming you made your Sgt. veterans because you're taking Close Order Drill for leadership. These squads are a little expensive. Die Hards and Sharpshooters are good doctrines for sure, but you probably don't need both on your line squads, especially if you're using Close Order Drill to boost your leadership and initiative. Sharpshooters is probably best suited for your Anti-Tank support squads, and you can rely on volume of firepower for your line squads over the bonus conferred by the doctrine.

Ratlings are kind of a toss up. I guess it's a personal preference. If you find you have success with them, awesome. Personally, I'd ditch em and find a few points to get another hellhound. The models are terrible too. Blech.

I like Hellhounds a lot. They draw fire, so make sure to move them cleverly.

As for your heavies, I'd go with heavy bolters all around like Commisarlestat said. Also, with Basilisks and Indirect Fire, get two or get none. With two, there will be nowhere that the enemy can hide from your ordinance barrages of pie plate doom.
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

updated

Hey thanx alot for the suggestions I took out the commissar and auto cannon in the cmd squad and added the standard bearer....

In the anti tank squad I gave then sharpshooter just to make them just a little bit more accurate.....

in each of the squads I took out die hards and sharpshooter... although I think I would keep the sharpshooter... I never used it but when your rapid firing into marines coming straight at you thats alot of re rolls usually..... let me know what you think

I kept the rattlings cause having infiltrators can really bone a fast army that has infiltrator like orks or certain marine armies plus I kept a Chaos lord on bike pinned for three turns before with the bad boys I usually stick them in a house or in cover in the middle so they almost certainly die but take a lot of fire for me and hold the enemy up alot....

with all the points I saved I decided to through another hellhound in there.... people hate them! it;s like throwing two steam tanks in an Empire army.... they take tons of fire and that 24 inch range will save my arse against nids or whatever....

I left the lascannons in the Russ's cause thats the way there modeled isit worth ripping them out for the three hvy bolters.... also I left the cross in there in case the senerio bones me or the terrain makes the line impossible.....

This is how I normally set up If this make sense

Squad1........ Squad2.......... Squad3.... Squad 4 ..... Squad 5..... Squad 6
    ........Platoon A HQ .................. ARMY HQ ................... Platoon B HQ
    Russ(demolisher) ..............................................................Leman Russ
    Basalisk ...................................Mortar ..... Anti-tank(dependant on them)

Then load up one side with the hellhounds to flank or spread them out to play defense....

here the new list

LD
    Iron Discipline
    COD
    sharpshooters

HQ
    Heroic Senior Office -
    Macharian Cross -
    Iron Discipline -
    Standard Bearer
    Anti Tank
    -3 lascannons

Sharpshooter
    Mortar

Total 300
    Troops

Platoon 1
    Cmd Squad
    Junior Officer
    Auto Cannon
    Iron Discipline

Squads X 3
    squad
    vet sgt.
    grenade lancher
    Rokkit lancher

Platoon1 total 327
    Platoon 2
    Cmd Squad
    Junior Officer
    Auto Cannon
    Iron Discipline

Squads X 3
    squad
    vet sgt.
    grenade lancher
    Rokkit lancher

Platoon 2 total 327

Elites

Rattlings x9

total 99

Fast Attack

Hellhound x 2
    total 230
    Hvy Support

Leman Russ
    Lascannon
    Hvy Bolter

Demolisher
    Lascannon
    Hvy Bolter

Bailisk
    inderect fire

Hvy Support 465

Army Total 1748

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bassie

Hey can you give me some examples with the Bassies deployment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine

alright I guess my list is perfect! lol and I'll just talk to my self in this thread....... and I'll quit checking my gmail every 5 mins for a reply notice.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

If you deploy your basilisks in opposite corners of the board, there should be no place on the board that can't be hit by at least one basilisk indirectly, thus causing the ordinance barrage pinning test
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd Place

Well the old list got me second place I won two victorious Slaugters..... and lost to a Stupid Blood Angels Army.... Which I should have won...but oh well....
    Anyway thanx for all the help guys.. I gave you all rep..
    Cheers
    Eddie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rep when you have zero rep power is meaningless. But it is a nice gesture though. Rokkit Launcher? Work on your spelling a bit more please.

+ Reply to Thread