TLLC / ML
Smoke
143pts

Grey Knight Dread
AC / CCW
Smoke & EA
118pts

1850pts.

Lol... okay so this is the newly UPdated list...

See less See more
#2 ·
EDIT: since you get to edit your posts, so do I :p

Anyways, on to the topic, i like the new list. However, i would forgoe the LRC all together, along with the GM's Thomer.

I like the addition of a third dread. But i dont like the idea of raping the EA off of the dreads you currently have now (unless i am mistaken what you mean, your sentence structure started to fall apart a bit after typing out that army list :p heh)

And as for the new dread, i would got AssCan&DCCW

I hope this helps!

#3 ·
I would drop the power armor and teleport homer from both inquisitors and give them IotJ as ICs tend to get hit by power weapons / fist over normal attacks, also drop one IST from each squad and then give a teleport homer to your GM or extra armor to your 2 dreadnoughts. This works out to be 1850 still.

#4 ·
Looks pretty solid, though like Goblin I don't see a lot of anti-vehicle capability in your list. You could try swapping out one set of plasma guns for melta guns for an easy boost. Alternatively, you could lose the power-armor on the Inquisitors and an IST or two to make your second Dread a TLLC/ML variant.

Regarding IotJ on the Inquisitors, you can only have one per army, if I recall correctly. Furthermore, I can't see spending an extra 50 points on some modest protection for teleport-homer mules.

Well, there's my 2 cents, anyways. Good luck with the tournament!

-H

#5 ·
Thanks guys, your probably right with the anti armour... maybe ill try and fit a lc/ml setup on the other dread... it was purely as I don't have the model.

Inquisitor wise.. i dont want to spend too much on characters that don't do a hell of a lot except bring the silver rain :D

meltas could also be an idea :D

Keep them coming if theres anything else anyone can think of.

#7 ·
Heh. With all the retconning of the posts this thread is difficult to follow! Running off the list I currently see in the first post of this thread: 8Y I think you've got all your bases covered nicely, and it looks like a lot of fun. More kit on the Inquisitors than I would want to spend but ... I do understand why you've done it.

#12 ·
IM EXCITED FOR YOU! SERIOUSLY! I havent played a game in forever been to busy, so i must live through other peoples success and stories latly! heh.... post a battle report, im excited to find out how you do! i hope you rock hard!

ps. i like the list!

#13 ·
Okay so update... it will be short sorry but I'm exhausted...

5 Games. 2 Days. 28 Armies.
Each player had two objective markers and in each game either players had a certain mission (d12)

My Games:
1. Deathwing Army - Nearly all Terminators with 3 Bikes and 2 Speeders. His mission was to hold his one objective (in a building) and have more scoring units in his deployment zone than his opposition. My objective was to Assasinate his HQ (Balial) and hold one of his objectives.
Callidus took out Balial in turn 3. I then stuffed up by thinking four of my units we're well in his deployment (didn't think i could measure) which would hold his 6 remaining units in his deployment giving us a draw but he measures on his (the last) turn finding me short he then sent the speeders to contest my two dreads holding one of his objectives and he won.
Result: Loss - Major Victory

... wow this is going to take awhile... i'm gonna quicken things up.
2. Eldar - Wiped out his whole army by third turn and only lost my Inquisitorial Stormtroopers... the Callidus after taking out guardians, dark reapers and avengers then chased the Wraithlord for 3 turns with her flamer thing.
Result: Win - Major Victory
3. Thousand Sons - Objective was to get to his side with two units. By turn 3 his army was completely wiped out, again only losing a unit of Inquisitorials. 5 Units in his deployment.
Result: Win - Major Victory
4. Tyranids - This I thought was going to be trouble (50 guants, 30 Genestealers, Wing Tyrant, Shooty Tyrant w/Guard, Big Carnifex and two 3man warrior units.) My objective was to sit on two objectives (that were in my deployment.) Basically shoot, shoot, shoot and by the time he hit me he had only 2 genestealers and 8 gaunts (which the knights took care of) and the shooty tyrant down the back hiding. Although I killed alot and lost 8 models, he got both objectives and secured a draw.
Tip: Rhinos are great for play turmoil with horde assaulters. Block lanes, make them funnel and make them slow through cover.
Result: Draw
5. Dark Angels - Basically blocked him (rhinos) from getting to the objectives he had to hold and killed anyone who could see anything to shoot. Got my objectives. Again only losing a unit of Inquisitorials.
Result: Win - Major Victory.

So with the wins and points for painting and sportmanship etc I came 2nd overall. Go the Grey Knight Underdogs :D

Funnily though in all my games the most I lost was two unit of Inquisitorials Stormtroopers.
The dice god helped :)

#14 ·
Nice going! What would you say your MVM (Most Valuable Model) was? Also, did you find your opponents were mostly infantry, vehicle heavy, or more of a mix?

-H

#15 ·
It was a real mix, thousand sons... all in rhinos, vindacator, two predators, dread, spawn etc with death wing being all terminators etc.

Player of that day and every day is the Callidus, taking down balial, dark reapers, guardians, d/avengers, 225pt Chaos Sorcorer, Nids and some space marines...

Other than that the TLLC/ML Dreads made armour far to easy and I would say kept me winning, allowing the Grey Knights to do what they do... Infantry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.