[1,000] Ultramarines from the movies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

[1,000] Ultramarines from the movies

If anyone digs up an old copy of US WD#300, they'll see an article called "Space Marines of the Moves". Basically, it takes all the things that makes Space Marines legendary and ramps them up tenfold, with price indicators to match. The list is in no way legal and actually kind of difficult to win with but it's a load of fun seeing six Marines on the table mowing down a hundred Orks and then blowing themselves up, per the Do You Want Some of This?! rule.

A couple of the fellows at my local club are playing a "1000 pts, If it was printed by GW, and it hasn't yet been superceded by anything else yet, it's legal" mini-tournament, so I decided to throw everyone for a loop and play this list.

HQ:
    - Sergeant (painted as Uriel Ventris)
    Elite:
    - Space Marine 'Dude'
    Troops:
    - Space Marine
    - Space Marine
    - Space Marine
    Heavy Support:
    - Space Marine with Flamer (painted as Pasanius)
    Fast Attack:
    - Rhino

Ludicrous and insanely fun.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Ah, the legendary movie marine list. Though I've never seen it used, I've heard many stories about it - mostly people bemoaning how a handful of models stomped their entire army.

I say go for it mate - should be a good laugh even if you don't do well and with only a handful of models needed you can make them look very nice for the tabletop!

Let us know how it goes mate

Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

I played it back when US WD#300 first came out and people (poor sports, mostly) whined about how über these Marines were...as if this were anything but a fun little jest. Throwing a wave of Orks at the Movie Marines was just as much fun as slaughtering hordes with them.

I'm using my Ultramarines Diorama pieces for this. All nicely converted and meticulously painted. I'm almost loath to put them on the table for fear of damaging them.

The list has a major-major weakness, though: mobility. Sure, all the Marines are Fleet, but a careful opponent can easily isolate the Marines from one another and force them to make so many saves nothing could survive.

I'm sure the 'Assault 8 Rending' Stormbolter on the Rhino will garner its fair share of whining, though.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread