1000 Armoured Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

1000 Armoured Company

Just a very quick & dirty list for comment!

The “fluff” is a fast moving armoured attack/counter-attack force – hence the conqueror/exterminator tanks which can fire & move, and the “blowtorch” boys of the Storm troopers for objective seizing and clearing out areas of cover that might be used by hostile footsloggers.

Well that’s the theory anyway!

HQ

Vanquisher, Hull H/B, Extra Armour
    285pts

Elite

Conqueror, Hull H/B, Sponson H/B, Extra Armour
    230pts

10 x Storm troopers including Sergeant and 2 x Flamers
    Chimera, Heavy Flamer, Hull Flamer, Extra Armour, Smoke
    205pts

Troops

Exterminator, Hull H/B, Sponson H/B, Extra Armour
    140pts

Exterminator, Hull H/B, Sponson H/B, Extra Armour
    140pts

Total 1,000pts

Ideally I’d like to upgrade the ST Sergeant to a veteran and give the Vanquisher Sponson H/B – I wonder whether all that extra armour is worth it?

Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

NO way around it

I think that given the number of vehicles that you are able to field Extra Armour is a sound investment. You are presenting a very small number of targets to your opponent and so they need to be as resilient as possible or your armour may suddenly become a wreck company before you can say "Is it my turn now?"

I like the list though. Nothing too crazy and every vehicle is a dangerous platform in its own right.

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Nice looking list, an armoured company at 1000 should not have too many problems with racking up the wins. After all, no-one takes THAT much anti-tank in a small game.

Which brings me to my only gripe about said list. Apart form the Vanquisher I see no AT. Now the Twin autocannons on the Exterminators can handle (and by handle I mean rape sideways with a trouser press) light armour but if you run into something heavy (Monolith, Land Raider etc) and they nail your Vanquisher then you should be a bit worried.

Although it is a minor concern at this points level.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

I think that given the number of vehicles that you are able to field Extra Armour is a sound investment. You are presenting a very small number of targets to your opponent and so they need to be as resilient as possible
    Good point - I wonder then if I wouldn't do better to take Hull H/B and a Turret H/B or Multilaser on the Chimera so it can get with the firing sooner rather than later?

Which brings me to my only gripe about said list. Apart form the Vanquisher I see no AT.
    Hmm good point. I don't really feel hull L/C are the way to go they'd negate the "fluff" of fast movement and everyone would have to stop to fire.

I suppose replacing the ST with an AF squad and L/C would be an option - but the ST are more durable, and murphy's law says the AF squad will be in the wrong place anyway if I deploy them and they can't fire mounted.

Hmmmm!!
    Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x4)

IDEA!

Hunter killer missiles for AT.

Okay, they are only one shot, but grab one per tank and maybe one for the chimera for 50pts the lot and that is five krak missiles in the first turn to nonce up any opposing armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Beardy_Wierdy View Post
    IDEA!

Hunter killer missiles for AT.

Okay, they are only one shot, but grab one per tank and maybe one for the chimera for 50pts the lot and that is five krak missiles in the first turn to nonce up any opposing armour.

Trouble is that would put me over limit on points and what to drop - extra armour or troopers?

I did think of dropping two ST and taking vet sgt with p/sword & melta bomb, then change Chimera to Turret Autocannon and Hull H/B??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x4)

Change the stormtroopers to an AF squad and dont give them a heavy weapon.

They wont be as good at toasty fun, but are cheaper and are still some warm bodies in something quick to claim objectives. Possibly give their chimera a pintle mounted heavy stubber for added anti-infantry pain.

Hell, or just lose a few stormtroopers from the squad and take a Hunter-Killer missile for each one dropped.

Or dont bother and try it out as is, its not like I have ever used an armoured company on the table so it might be best to take my advice with a pinch (by pinch I mean bucketfull) of salt. As I said before, heavy armour is usually a minor concern at 1000 points.

And yes I can see the irony of saying "you dont see many heavy tanks" when talking about an armoured company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Beardy_Wierdy View Post
    ...And yes I can see the irony of saying "you dont see many heavy tanks" when talking about an armoured company.

OK How's abou this then:

Doctrines

Leman Russ Vanquisher
    Leman Russ Conqueror
    Leman Russ Exterminator

HQ

Leman Russ Vanquisher, Hull H/Bolter, Extra Armour
    285pts

ELITES

Leman Russ Conqueror, Hull H/Bolter, Sponson H/Bolters, Extra Armour
    230pts

FAST ATTACK

Armoured Fist Squad
    Veteran Sergeant, Boltpistol & CCW, 1 x M/L, 1 x G/L, 7 Troopers with lasguns, frag grenades
    Chimera, Autocannon, Hull H/Bolter, Extra Armour
    195pts

TROOPS

Leman Russ Exterminator, Hull H/Bolter, Sponson H/Bolters, Extra Armour
    140pts

Leman Russ Exterminator, Hull H/Bolter, Sponson H/Bolters, Extra Armour
    140pts

Total 990pts

The AF squad with M/L gives me a bit of added AT and still fits the fluff while the A/C armed Chimera can enagae from further out so all my vehicles can fire, as opposed to needing to get close with the heavy flamer.

The 10pts left over either:

Sponson H/B for the Vanquisher

Upgrade AF Squad frags to krak

Krak Missile for the Conqueror (benefits from BS4)

Which do you reckon?

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Id drop the frags from the squad. You dont want to be using them to assault if they are your only infantry! thatd give you another 10 points. Id go for either a krak for the conqueror with the points or even a pintle stormbolter on the exterminator or chimera. IF you get rid of the frags the same choice applies!

Seems to be a great list though

hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Commisarlestat View Post
    Id drop the frags from the squad. You dont want to be using them to assault if they are your only infantry! thatd give you another 10 points. Id go for either a krak for the conqueror with the points or even a pintle stormbolter on the exterminator or chimera. IF you get rid of the frags the same choice applies!
    Hmm it's always those last few points that cause the fiddle

Seems to be a great list though
    If only it had a commander to match

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast