Help with Vanilla 1000 Points for Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tale of Painterville
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

Help with Vanilla 1000 Points for Tourney

Okay, I thought I'd try a more Mech SM list this tournament, and see how that went.

Captain//////////////////////////////////////////////BP, CCW
    Tactical Squad 1 (9 Marines, 1 Sergeant)/////////Terminator Honors, Powerfist
    TS1 Rhino///////////////////////////////////////////Smoke Launchers, PMSB
    Tactical Squad 2 (9 Marines, 1 Sergeant)/////////Terminator Honors, Powerfist
    TS2 Rhino///////////////////////////////////////////Smoke Launchers, PMSB
    Land Speeder Tornado/////////////////////////////Assault Cannon
    Predator Annihilator////////////////////////////////Heavy Bolters on Side Sponsons
    Dreadnought////////////////////////////////////////Heavy Flamer

Total 998

I don't know who I'll face, or what kind of missions that will take place, so it's really a generalist list. Ideas or comments?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

a mech space marine list seems to work best if its geared towards mech assault or mech fire power; and with only 7 hvy weapons and 21 infantry i wouldn't rely on out shooting any one with this list.

at the same time your captain needs a power weapon and an invulnerable save if hes going to get into close combat; and a sqd to join as at the moment hes running around on his own and will be out paced by the rhino tactical squads. or equip him with a ranged weapon.

personnaly i'd drop one of the dread's and switch the troops choices to :

10x tac - powerfist, melta gun, rhino

5x tac - plasma gun, razorback-twinlinked lascannon

5x tac - power weapon or power fist, flamer, frag grenades, razorback- hvy bolters
    and the captain (now with power weapon and combat shield or the like) can join this sqd in the razor bak to assault.

i havn't checked the pionts for this but by droping the dred, the pintle mounted storm bolters and if neccessary the las cannon down to an auto annon on the predator (as you now have a las cannon on the rz bk) you should be able to make these changes that would give more options in both shooting or assault so would be more flexable if you don't know what you will be facing.

+ Reply to Thread