2 various IG 1000 point lists against tyranids to compare - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 various IG 1000 point lists against tyranids to compare

Hello. I'm going to play against my friend who plays balanced tyranid army (he prefers horde amy to many big bugs list). Please compare those 2 lists. I'm wondering which would be better. Thanks for any comments in advance.

P.s. I believe that the second list needs an explanation of my tactic, which is:
    - sentinels (supported by deep striking command squad with plasmas) are the base of this army, they are to kill carnifex or tyrant as quick as possible and let the rest depend on their vechicles' armour, to be safe from needs lacking in anti-vechicle weapons (i planned to take hellhound instead of a pair of sentinels to make up the firepower but I realised that if this plan
    would not be fulfilled everything would go wrong).

NUMBER ONE
    DOCTRINES:
    Drop troops
    Iron discipline
    Close order drill
    Sharpshooters
    Conscript platoons

HQ
    Command Squad: JO, veteran – standard bearer, lascannon, IRON DISCIPLINE [81]

Support:
    3 lascannons, SHARPSHOOTERS [120]
    3 lascannons, SHARPSHOOTERS [120]

TROOPS
    1. Command Squad: JO, 4 grenade launchers IRON DISCIPLINE, CLOSE ORDER DRILL [69]
    Squad no 1: g.launcher, heavy bolter, SHARPSHOOTERS, CLOSE ORDER DRILL [88]
    Squad no 2: g.launcher, heavy bolter, SHARPSHOOTERS, CLOSE ORDER DRILL [88]

2. 20 Conscripts: 2 flamers, CLOSE ORDER DRILL [98]

FAST ATTACK
    1. Hellhound: extra armour, rtm [125]
    2. Sentinel: heavy flamer [40]
    3. Sentinel: heavy flamer [40]

HEAVY SUPPORT
    1. Basilisk: Indirect fire [125]

TOTAL: 1002

NUMBER TWO
    DOCTRINES:
    Drop troops
    Grenadiers

HQ
    Command Squad: JO, 4 x plasma gun [80]
    2 Sentinels: lascannons [110]

TROOPS
    6 Grenadiers: 2 x plasma gun [80]
    Chimera: turret – heavy bolter, hull – heavy bolter, extra armour [90]

6 Grenadiers: 2 x plasma gun [80]
    Chimera: turret – heavy bolter, hull – heavy bolter, extra armour [90]

FAST ATTACK
    1. 2 Sentinels: lascannons [110]
    2. 2 Sentinels: lascannons [110]
    3. 2 Sentinels: lascannons [110]

HEAVY SUPPORT
    1. Leman Russ Exterminator: twin-linked autocannon, 3 heavy bolters, extra armour, smoke launchers [143]

TOTAL: 1003

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

ok flaws:
    1. "nids have a lack of Anti tank weapons" - I ssure you they dont, flexes can have them, tyrants can have them, warp blast on zoanthropes? genestealer rending?
    2. Dont recall the quote exactly but something along the lines of "my sentinels will take care of the flexes helped by my command squadd with its plasma" - see that first list? see how all your sentinels have heavy flamers? they wont take care of any flexes like that

ignoring those statments I prefer the first list
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This statement refers only to the list NUMBER TWO, where 8 sentinels are equipped with lascannons. I know that the second list may seem to be a little freaky but I depend on my sentinels which will use their range (and deep strike ability enabled by doctrine) against some nids which maybe have anti-vechicle weapons but can shoot only on short distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

8 sentinels = 4 hits, = probably about a dead carniflex on turn 2 and another on turn 4

Sentinels are quite easy for the nids to bring down, particularly if he has rending claws or toxin sacs

Watch out for acid spore mines, both against the sentinels and other rear armour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is my problem. I know sentinels are easy to bring down, expensive and probably not worth their price but taking them is the best thing I figured out. I don't want in the second list anti-tank squads: lascannons because they are static and I don't want to take veterans with plasmas because I'm afraid we gonna roll on a d6 an Aplha Level o for mission and I would not be able to make a good use of them due to the short range (and presumably a horde of gaunts beetween them and big nids).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't make good use of vets, in case the mission does not provide deep strike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Las cannon sentinels are anti tank, give them HKs and you get a pretty certain hit at str 8 or 9, this will damage most tanks, but against TMC, they lack impact

LC weapons squads are more effective with sharp shooters if you can keep them alive, but even then it is not gonna kill a whole TMC in one turn, sniper rifles are nice, special weapons and small vet squads can provide a good source of these.

MLs can be usefull but the simple expedient of gettign expended carapace by the nid player nerfs those

sentinels with flamers are good against nid gribleys without toxin sacks

+ Reply to Thread