1500 point mech list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point mech list

Command Platoon (HQ) @ 230 Pts
    4 Command Squad, Master Vox, Carapace Armour
    1 Heroic Senior Officer, Bolt Pistol, Power Fist, Carapace Armour
    1 Chimera, Heavy Flamer, Hull Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

10 Grenadiers, 2 Plasma Guns, Vox Caster (Troops) @ 218 pts

1 Hellhound (Fast Attack) @ 123 Pts
    Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

1 Hellhound (Fast Attack) @ 123 Pts
    Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

1 Leman Russ (Heavy Support) @ 185 pts
    Heavy Flamer Sponsons, Hull Lascannon, Extra Armour, Rough Terrain, Track Guards

1 Leman Russ (Heavy Support) @ 185 pts
    Heavy Flamer Sponsons, Hull Lascannon, Extra Armour, Rough Terrain, Track Guards

Models:43
    Tanks:8

The Leman Russ' Are geared more toward shielding the Chimeras as they move into better positions. The Hellhounds are mainly for wiping out infantry for the Grenadiers to move in and clear out whatever manages to survive the shells from battle cannons, heavy bolters, lascannon, inferno cannon and heavy flamers from the hellhounds and Russ's.

Main flaw is that they seem to lack numbers a bit, but with this many tanks in 1500 points, plus the fact plasma will do little to slow the Leman Russ's, most of the infantry should make it into rapid fire range and claim objectives near the end.

Any help would be graciously accepted.

Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Personally, I wouldn't put a power fist on your officer. He's an independent character with a powerfist, so he's going to strike last and will most likely to be singled out in close combat before the fist can actually do anything. Just take a power weapon instead; you should be keeping your master-vox out of close combat anyways.
    Also, note that when your squads take the Carapace doctrine, any Officers or Advisors in the unit also get it at no extra point cost.

I would take heavy bolters on the Russes instead of flamers. The flamers are just too short-ranged, and with 4 chimeras and 2 hellhounds, you shouldn't be needing much more.

I feel the list is decent, but in addition to the lack of numbers, it sort of lacks anti-tank.
    All of your dedicated AT is tied up in the Russes, which isn't that great of an idea. If you're using them as a transport shield, then ideally they should be moving fast and keeping up with the transports - but in doing so the cannons are useless. However, if you want to use the cannons, then your transports will have to move slow if they want to stay safer.
    I would consider giving one of the Grenadier squads meltas, or have some mixed in here and there, and/or including some sentinels.

Also, just curious, what do you mean by "plus the fact plasma will do little to slow the Leman Russ's"? IMO, plasma would not be the best weapon choice someone could take against this list. Plasma is an MEQ and MC killer, not Guard.
    Assuming you're facing other Imp. shooty armies, I would be expecting to see more heavy bolters and lascannons. The heavy bolters would eat through the limited carapace troops, and the lascannons could hurt your Russes as well as punch through the light armor.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend of mine is currently looking through my codex, so I can't come up with a definitive second try, but I am thinking drop Grenadiers (they aren't even that great of troops) and instead go with 2 Russes, a beefed up command squad (probably with a commisar) 2 hardened vet squads and run with it.

It should have around 55 models or so, and still maintains 7 tanks. I think that, though the Hellhounds are viscious, and the abilities of their inferno cannon are almost guaranteed to get one or two shots off-I would prefer to have 2 russes and just try my luck with more anti-tank. If I could, I would certainly take out a squad of vets for 2 hellhounds, but I don't feel like taking all that beardiness from hordes.

I should have a nice list in a day or so; so stay tuned and feel free to keep giving ideas
    Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

+ Reply to Thread