SOB 1500 Competitve? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOB 1500 Competitve?

HQ

Canoness: Eviscerator, jump pack, bolt pistol, krak grenades: 93

ELITES

7 Celestians: Melta gun, veteran with Eviscerator, bolt pistol, Book of St Lucius: 199

Rhino: smokes, extra armour

7 Celestians: Melta gun, veteran with Eviscerator and bolt pistol: 194

TROOPS

10 Battle Sisters: 2 Flamers, veteran with bolt pistol and close combat weapon: 194

Rhino: Smokes, extra armour

10 Battle Sisters: 2 Flamers, veteran with bolt pistol and close combat weapon: 194

FAST ATTACK

7 Seraphim: 2 Flamers: 168

7 Seraphim: 2 Flamers, veteran with bolt pistol and Brazier: 188

HEAVY

Exorcist: 135

TOTAL: 1500 TANKS: 6

INFANTRY: 49 FAITH POINTS: 8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Looks similar to my 1500 pt list. I forgoe the 4th infantry squad in favor of a 3rd exorcist and better kit for the girls.

Not sure what the point of the krak grenades is? 1 try a 6+D6 vs 4 tries at 6+2D6....?

Other things that are just a matter of my preference:

Books are the best 5pt wargear in the entire game of Warhammer 40,000. I would consider it worth it to drop the Celestian squads to 6 to buy more books for the rest of the army.

I would spend the points used giving vet w/ eviscerator to one of the celestian squads on giving vet w/ eviscerator to the vet-less seraphim squad. They have so much more opportunity and so many better ways to use it, plus it gives them the silumacrum!

Don't know where to get the points from, maybe drop the brazier, but unless you expect to only face necrons and other imperial armies, Heavy Flamers are worth it. Roasting Eldar and Tau wholesale *without* needing to use a faith point is gold. I'd think two HF templates coming out of the troops is worth more than one extra one shot flamer on a squad that already has 2. The only thing that 3rd template will ever kill is tightly packed marines and necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of dropping all the rhinos and getting 2 squads of retributors with three heavy bolters each, plus giving my two celestian squads a heavy bolter each and a flamer. The battle sisters can use their bolters and wait till the enemy comes to them for flames. IS it a good idea of should I stick with my mech?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent really played the sit-and-wait strat before. but my thoughts would be that your bolters would get out-ranged by something. And by sitting around your just asking for some nasty barrage fire. Sure the extra troops look nice but the mec aspect definatly forces your opponet to prioritize targets. In some games, opponents choosing wrong priorities can win you the game.
    ...and you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around, thats what its all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I've taken on board the suggestions given, so here is a slightly modified version of my original list.

I now have one more flamer, one more melta gun, one more book and one more eviscerator. I've had to zap one sister and one faith point though, but I think it was worth it. No point in having models with no equipment.

How do you think this army will do in a normal club type situation? I am thinking of buying it, and don't want it too soft or too competitive.

HQ

Canoness: Eviscerator, Book of St Lucius: 75

6 Celestians: 2 Melta Guns: 156

ELITES

7 Celestians: Melta gun, flamer, veteran with Eviscerator, Book of St Lucius: 205

TROOPS

FAST ATTACK

7 Seraphim: 2 Flamers, veteran with Eviscerator: 203

7 Seraphim: 2 Flamers, veteran with Eviscerator: 203

HEAVY

TOTAL: 1500 TANKS: 6

INFANTRY: 48 FAITH POINTS: 7

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Looks like a pretty effective army. The only place you've deviated from the STC mechanised sister army is giving the canoness a retinue instead of jump pack.

I use the exact same list at the club and at tournaments. The difference is do I play conservative and make decisions based on eeking out every victory point or do I just aim my entire army down the board and charge headlong dispensing the emperor's fiery justice.

+ Reply to Thread