2000pt IG Friendly & Compete=ative List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JRC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt IG Friendly & Competative List

Just a list that I wanted to try with 2 solid Iron Discipline Standard bearing 10ldr bubbles. With a fairly decently balanced firing line list with a decent amount of troops and armor. I'll try to hide Basilisks behind some cover in each corner on my side, and If that's a problem, i'll try to make cover with my leman demolisher. Drop squads will chase heavy armor. Any input is always helpful and appreciated! ^-^

[DOCTRINES]
    Drop Troops
    Sharpshooters
    Ratlings
    Iron Discipline
    Close Order Drill

HQs
    Ursakar Creed & Jarran Kell[125pts] In Line Squads, also acting as Leadership bubble #1)
    Commad Platoon: w/ Junior Officer (Honorifica Imperialis) + Power Sword + Iron Discipline + Commissar + 1 Veteran Standard Bearer [126pts]
    Anti Tank Squad x 3 w/ Lascannons + Sharpshooters [120pts]
    Anti Tank Squad x 3 w/ Lascannons + Sharpshooters [120pts]
    Fire Support Squad x 3 w/ Heavy Bolters + Sharpshooters [90pts]
    Fire Support Squad x 3 w/ Heavy Bolters + Sharpshooters [90pts]

ELITEs
    Ratlings x 9 (Inflitrating)[99pts]

TROOPs
    Platoon w/ 4 Meltaguns + Sharpshooters + Drop Troops [90pts]
    Infranty Squad of 10 x Guards + Autocannon + Plasmagun [85pts]

Platoon w/ 4 Meltaguns + Sharpshooters + Drop Troops [90pts]

FAST ATTACKs
    Hellhound [115pts]

HEAVY SUPPORTs
    Leman Russ Demolisher w/ Plasmas + Hull Heavy Bolter [175pts]
    Basilisk + Indirect Fire
    Basilisk + Indirect Fire

Total = 2000pts

Last edited by JRC; January 21st, 2008 at 23:57.
    "I like to keep this handy, for close encounters."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I like it a lot. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that I could see possibly being different is taking sharpshooters off of your Heavy Bolter crews, since you're mostly relying on volume of firepower with heavy bolters. However if you can't find any use for the extra points there, then whatever. Anything that helps IG shoot better is good stuff.

I don't personally like Ratlings, and that's kind of an individual thing. Some people swear by em, some people don't. If you're playing against some nidzillas or C'Tan, it's a good unit to have. Plus, it's another way to pin down the enemy.

I think that Autocannons are like mortars in the way that the more of them you have, the better they work. With that many autocannon shots at the long range they give, I don't think there will be any light transports or skimmers surprising your troops.

Overall, I dig it.
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

JRC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for input Snowman, yeah, i love Ratlings, they're so cheap and they each have a special 36" range weapon, infiltrating, and also a great tarpit with their 3+ save in cover and they get pinned instead of running. ;3 I used to be all about the vets, (still love em) but if I had 0-3 slots for ratlings, i would so fill em up ;p

I was thinking of maybe exchanging 2 autocannons for missile launchers for slightly better Meq killy % wise, any thoughts?

Anyone else care to drop some tips? ;o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG the deja vu from old lists of my own!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i do believe this is illegal. If you read the rules for Creed & Kell the first few words are "Any Cadian army of 1,500 points...", meaning you must use Cadian doctrines to use him. I made the same mistake myself, only realising after I paid for him that he was illegal with my list. Please tell me you haven't bought him yet.

Heavy support is exactly what I used to use, except I put extra armour, smoke launchers and a stubber on the demo. Here is what will happen with it: The basilisks will be absolute pwnage on the first turn, will do decently on turn 2, maybe even 3, but by turn 4 something speedy will have zipped past your lines and killed them. With AV10 open topped, it's not tough to do, even if you hide them. As for the tank, you have enough heavy armour for the enemy AT to make its points, not enough to overwhelm it. The demo cannon is nice when it hits something like freshly deep striked terminator squads, who are of course all tightly grouped, but that's not going to happen every game.

What are you dropping btw? Heavy weapons don't work well on a deep strike, believe me i know from first had experience of trying it. Are you tring to make tank hunters of your command squads by dropping them? If you are then, again I've tried it and here's the snag: The platoon deploys as a whole, either sets up together or deep strikes together. The can of course set up in different places, but they must arrive together.

If you want deepstrikable AT, then I think the only really effective way is the cheesy 5 man vet squad with 3 melta guns that EVERYBODY else does. Ok, not everyone, but every time I see them I think "come on man, be more original".

Btw feel free to check postings started by me for lists, you will see what I mean about the early ones being similar.
    what do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

twin linked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Yep hes right you have to use the cadian doctrines exactly they way they are in the back of the book...but it does say AT LEAST 1500 points so you can use creed at 2000 pts.

Other than that looks like a good list
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

JRC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, hmmm... I saw that, but I figured it they didn't really mean it like that since the Official GW Armies of the Imperiallis Army builder program they released allows it without bringing up a army validation error. Thanks though, and no I havn't purchased them yet, and glad I didn't. ;3 I'll have to reconfigure my army then.. (liked the idea of having to 10 leadership bubbles with flags to reroll and iron disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid_IBM View Post
    What are you dropping btw? Heavy weapons don't work well on a deep strike, believe me i know from first had experience of trying it. Are you tring to make tank hunters of your command squads by dropping them? If you are then, again I've tried it and here's the snag: The platoon deploys as a whole, either sets up together or deep strikes together. The can of course set up in different places, but they must arrive together.

If you want deepstrikable AT, then I think the only really effective way is the cheesy 5 man vet squad with 3 melta guns that EVERYBODY else does. Ok, not everyone, but every time I see them I think "come on man, be more original".
    I'm pretty sure I can drop the command squad and not the others..

Chapter Approved – Codex: Imperial Guard Q&A (v1.0)
    Note this FAQ applies to the revised Codex: Imperial Guard first published in 2003.

Q. Okay, so I buy Light Infantry for the two squads I have in 1st Platoon but
    not for the Command Section.
    1) When does this Platoon deploy? During standard deployment or during
    the Infiltrator phase?
    2) Does it deploy its different elements separately?
    A. Answer 2 is correct.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

My 10 pence (In Italics)

Quote Originally Posted by JRC View Post
    Thanks, hmmm... I saw that, but I figured it they didn't really mean it like that since the Official GW Armies of the Imperiallis Army builder program they released allows it without bringing up a army validation error. Thanks though, and no I havn't purchased them yet, and glad I didn't.

Interesting debate I keep on meaning to have - I agree he says cadians only, cadians have a set load of doctrines (Not ideal, too) but the wording on forces is fairly ambiguous - in fact it does state you don't have to use the prescribed doctrines to still play that force. I don't have the guts to turn up to a tourney after paying and argue that at the table though.
    P.S. my list on the board originally started with Creed and Kell, who i had trotted off the weekend before and stumped up £ 12 for. It now does not.

I'm pretty sure I can drop the command squad and not the others..

Chapter Approved – Codex: Imperial Guard Q&A (v1.0)
    Note this FAQ applies to the revised Codex: Imperial Guard first published in 2003.

Q. Okay, so I buy Light Infantry for the two squads I have in 1st Platoon but
    not for the Command Section.
    1) When does this Platoon deploy? During standard deployment or during
    the Infiltrator phase?
    2) Does it deploy its different elements separately?
    A. Answer 2 is correct.
    I felt that way too - although you have to state if they have it or not on the army list. which is a bummer as i want to not drop my sentinels etc agains nids.

JRC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stayscrunchyinmilk View Post
    I felt that way too - although you have to state if they have it or not on the army list. which is a bummer as i want to not drop my sentinels etc agains nids.
    Hmm, interesting. You should be able to use your Sentinel not dropping even with the droptroops doctrine on them....It does say any unit 'may' deepstrike if the mission permits. It doesn't say you have to if you give the doctrine to them. Might be able to say at the start of the game, once you find out if you wish to or not. Or maybe even when it's their turn to deploy? Anyone else have any thoughts on tis?

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by JRC View Post
    Hmm, interesting. You should be able to use your Sentinel not dropping even with the droptroops doctrine on them....It does say any unit 'may' deepstrike if the mission permits. It doesn't say you have to if you give the doctrine to them. Might be able to say at the start of the game, once you find out if you wish to or not. Or maybe even when it's their turn to deploy? Anyone else have any thoughts on tis?
    Ah, my unclearness - i'm thinking of a tourney list, where you have to state if it's drop or not with your list, at the start of your day (or i think that's how it goes). But it says "May" anyway, i think you may be right there.

I know you have to declare how many you have in reserve, but haven't wheedled out when properly (thus choosing when it comes to deployment if you want to drop.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continueing on the DSing AT squads, what do you need more AT for anyways? You have 6 lascannons with sharpshooters. You would probably be better off to scrap the meltas and give all 3 command squads a heavy weapon, possibly a lascannon if you are really concerned about tanks. If you also promote your main HQ to a HSO and give the HI to a JO then thats 2 ld 9 bubbles (10 counting the commissar for the HQ). This could partially compensate you for the loss of Creed & Kell.

Also with regard to my earlier comments about your heavy support, consider 2 regular russes instread of 2 basilisks. 72" is still plenty of range for most boards, and they don't suffer if their targets move too close. This also provides 2 more AV14 vehicles to draw some fire off the demo.
    what do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

twin linked

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast