Space Wolves Tournie List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolves Tournie List

Hey folks, just wondering if i could get some feedback on this list. It's for a tournament this weekend, i was expecting to play with my nids but they are no where near ready for play so i put this together on pretty short notice.

HQ
    Wolf Priest
    Bike
    Bolt Pistol
    Frags
    Total: 132

Wolf Guard Leader
    Frost Blade
    Terminator armour
    Storm Bolter
    Frags
    Total: 97

Elites
    Ven Dread
    Lascannon
    Extra Armour
    Search Light
    Total: 180

Dread
    Lascannon
    Missile Launcher
    Extra Armour
    Search Light
    Total: 140

4 Scouts
    2 Plasma Pistol
    Melta Gun
    Total: 86

Troops
    8 Grey Hunters
    1 w/ Melta Gun
    2 w/ Powerfists and Bolt pistols
    5 w/ Bolters and CCW
    Total: 183
    Rhino w/ Smoke, Extra armour (5

8 Grey Hunters
    1 w/ Plasma Gun
    2 Powerfists w/ Bolters and CCW
    1 w/ Plasma Pistol andc CCW
    5 w/ Bolters and CCW
    Total: 193

8 Grey Hunters
    Melta Gun
    1 w/ Powerfist and CCW
    1 w/ Power Weapon and CCW
    5 w/ Bolters and CCW
    Total: 178

10 Blood Claws
    2 Power fists
    Flamer
    Total: 170

Fast attack

Land Speeder Tornado w/ Assault Cannon and Heavy Bolter (80)

Total: 1496

Strategy is simply, the two foot slogging Grey Hunter packs (accompanied by the Wolf Guard Leader) will march to take objectives with the Rhino squad, Blood Claws and Wolf Priest as support/ counter attack. The two dreads and scouts are AT along with the landspeeder if necessary.
    I know long range fire support is lacking but unless I come against Tau or those damn Eldar tanks I think I should be fine.

Anyway, thoughts?

Last edited by Alan; January 22nd, 2008 at 19:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x2)

It looks like a good list, I only have a couple of suggestions. In your second Grey Hunter pack I would not give the marines with powerfists a bolter. Give them bolt pistols as you have done with the first pack. This will allow them to take full advantage of the fists when they charge. Also I would take another fist over the power weapon in the third squad and a meltagun in place of the flamer on the blood claws. Lastly I would give the rhino to the blood claws instead of the grey hunters. The grey's bolters allow them to be more effective at range than the blood claws which must get into melee to inflict pain.

I think the list could use a bit more mobility. Drop pods are a good way to achieve that in a slogging list. I would try to find points to place the third GH squad in a pod. This will give the list more range and also their ability to land and fire the meltagun into armor the turn they arrive will give you another excellent option against armor. As far as finding points goes I would strip the plasma pistol from the second GH squad and possibly a pair of the blood claws.

EDIT: I overlooked it before, but I would give the Ven Dread a missile launcher over his cc arm. He'll very rarely be able to get into cc and his bs5 warrants more shots.
    "A word to the wise is infuriating." - Hunter Thompson

Projects: Warhammer 40k: Checkmate & JohnPublic's Board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the list, But like Johnpublic said it lacks mobility. My suggestion would be drop the rhino and the blood claws and add in drop pods for the grye hunters and the dreads. Put the wolf priest on a bike also. Take the lascannon away from the cen. dread since it almost always can hit anyways and replace it with an assault cannon.

In this way when you drop them, you can choose exactly where to put them, and they are almost always bound to stay there since they stop when they touch either terrain or any model it jus stops there and your dudes get out. This way you can do serious damage to critical units in your enemy's forces. and you can get to objectives faster and safer as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies, guys. Played with this list(with slight changes, added 1 rhino and a Wof Guard Leader instead of the Battle Leader) last weekend. It didn't do too bad, lost horribly to a Tau gun line first and the other two games were against Orks and Black Templars which were balanced, fun games.

+ Reply to Thread