Tournament List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tournament List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournament List

Hey all

I'm playing a 1000 pt tournament in February, against maybe two dozen other players. I've tried to make a list that is as diverse as possible, taking into account however the preponderance of MEQ armies. I appreciate thoughts and comments on any liabilities I might have overlooked! My friend is giving me ten ratlings, so if I don't get them in time, what is a recommended replacement? I am intending to use them for anti-Carnifex/Tyrant/Daemon work, mostly, and save the lascannons for other purposes as much as possible.

HQ
    Command HQ Squad
    Junior Officer with Honorifica Imperialis, power weapon, bionics and laspistol
    3 Guardsmen with lasguns and autocannon
    1 Veteran Guardsman with Company Standard

Anti-Tank
    6 Guardsmen with lasguns, 3 lascannons

ELITES
    Ratling Snipers
    10 Ratlings with sniper rifles

TROOPS
    Grenadier Squad
    1 Veteran Sergeant with stormbolter
    9 Stormtroopers with hellguns, carapace armour, frag & krak grenades, targeters and 2 plasma guns

TROOPS
    Command Squad
    Junior Officer with close combat weapon and laspistol
    4 Guardsmen with lasguns, autocannon and grenade launcher
    Infantry Squad
    1 Sergeant with lasgun
    9 Guardsmen with lasguns, plasma gun and autocannon
    Infantry Squad
    1 Sergeant with lasgun
    9 Guardsmen with lasguns, plasma gun and missile launcher
    Infantry Squad
    1 Sergeant with lasgun
    9 Guardsmen with lasguns, plasma gun and heavy bolter
    Infantry Squad
    1 Sergeant with lasgun
    9 Guardsmen with lasguns, grenade launcher and heavy bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Leman Russ with three heavy bolters

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Are you taking any doctrines? Close order drill is nice, same with Iron Discipline.

A few things I would change are:

1) If you're going to field an HQ with a heavy weapon in his retinue, you could probably do without the power weapon. A Storm Bolter here would be nice. Plus, since he's your only big leadership bubble, he should be the last guy going into combat. Tool your platoon HQ up for counter-charging if you feel like you need a power weapon on the table. Bionics? Probably not. If you're worried about your commander's survivability, shell the points out for a refractor field. However, this is probably not needed either, since your guardsmen are there to take those bullets for your commander.

2) Ratlings are kind of meh... for Fex and Tyrant killing, you should probably be using your lascannons, since those are basically nid tanks. For Demons, chances are if you've got a CSM player taking a Demon at 1000 points, he isn't taking much armor, so once again, your lascannons should do the job there. If you really want Ratlings, take them, but I'd probably just use the points to buy a transport for your Grenadiers and maybe switch the plasma to meltas, just so you have a little mobility for when you're playing for objectives and table quarters.

Other than that, you've got a pretty well balanced list here that should do all right against just about anything. Good luck in your tourney!
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Chimera model, so that is a possibility in lieu of the Ratlings. I also have a five man stormtrooper squad with meltaguns - is it even worth it to kit them out to deepstrike and send them after enemy artillery and the like? I could alternatively just take them as normal troops and use them to hose MCs and ICs with a pair of melta shots. They're not very survivable that way, though, I guess.

What is the consensus on giving the platoon commander the HI and giving him the power weapons? That way I'd have one leadership 8 bubble with a reroll, and a second with a nine (and given a powerweapon and his squad given close combat weapons? Is it better to put all your eggs in one basket? That way I don't have to sacrifice my Command HQ to counterassault? or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SimulatedSnowman View Post
    Are you taking any doctrines? Close order drill is nice, same with Iron Discipline.

2) Ratlings are kind of meh... for Fex and Tyrant killing, you should probably be using your lascannons, since those are basically nid tanks.

- With the important distinction that they are not. They don't have a armour value, just a high toughness. Sniper weapons hit on a 2+, and wound on the 4+ regardless of toughness, which against a fex is better than a ML, and the same against Las. and every man in the squad has a sniper rifle, and guard + ML is more expensive than Ratlings. You also get to infiltrate (read: Not closer to the enemy if it's nid's) and get +1 cover save. And against non-monstrous creatures, you get pinning tests too - never forget them.

For Demons, chances are if you've got a CSM player taking a Demon at 1000 points, he isn't taking much armor, so once again, your lascannons should do the job there.
    If you really want Ratlings, take them, but I'd probably just use the points to buy a transport for your Grenadiers and maybe switch the plasma to meltas, just so you have a little mobility for when you're playing for objectives and table qu
    I'd remove the autocannons from the command squads. They're too juicy a target as it is, and I'd anlo drop the ML squad (BS3, your anti-tank upcoming)- 115 points spare.
    5x deep striking stormies with 2x meltas will kill tanks beautifully. Iron discipline is really good - put it on both officers - 95 points total.
    I'd leave the officers out of counter - charge. Get a 6 man remnant squad, give them a vet sgnt, and give him the honorifica and power sword (I'm pretty sure the Hon Imp lets him take that - Check that first). - 42 points, swapping the HI and pwr swd.
    drop 2x ratlings to make up points.

i also have a concern wit hyour hideously expensive, BS3, fragile Lascannon squad. For 70 points (and a doctrine - vets) you can have 2x 5 man infiltrating lascannons with BS4. But with the S/troops that's 4x elite - and 25 points short.
    Jig about as you feel, i'll happily spout my opinion back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunatly honorifica just gives u the stats of an HSO, but the guy keeps his station so if he couldnt take a powersword from the begining he cant take it after.
    "In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
    "Pray to the emperor, but keep rowing to the shore!"

+ Reply to Thread