2000 Point Black Templar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Black Templar

*Edit* Removed the Squad Points Costs*

Greetings Everyone,

I've been looking at playing a space marine army for a long time now and I finally settled on Black Templar and started buying the models. I'm a long time IG player so I've tried to craft a list that is heavy in close combat but also had some heavy firepower in the form of various vehicles. I think the general idea with the list is fairly straight forward with everyone advancing and slicing the bad guys to bits. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I was really interested in including a squad of terminators with a crusader or marshal /w terminator command squad + crusader but for the points I just don't know how it would perform. Maybe when playing an Apocalypse game I'd add that in. Any thoughts on the performance of these two squads would be great as well.

Reinhardt Crusade

HQ 1
    Reclusiarch
    Terminator Honours
    Jump Pack
    Iron Halo

HQ 2
    Emperor’s Champion
    Accept any Challenge, No matter the Odds

Troops x3
    Initiate x10
    Neophyte x5
    Melta Gun
    Power Fist
    Bolt Pistols/CCW

Troop 4
    Initiate x10
    Neophyte x5
    Melta Gun
    Power Weapon
    Bolt Pistols/CCW

Troop 5
    Initiate x5
    Lascannon
    Transport (Razorback)
    Twin-linked Lascannon

Fast Attack 1
    Initiate x10
    Power Fist
    Plasma Pistol x2

Fast Attack x2
    Land Speeder Tornado
    Multi Melta

Elite 1
    Dreadnought
    TLLC
    Missile Launcher

Last edited by Olaf; January 27th, 2008 at 17:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

I too am an IG player who is considering Black Templar. I guess seeing all those power armoured saves made and the change of charging forward (unheard of) into CC is very tempting for Guard players. Posting point costs is apparently frowned upon, but I am very curious to see how this army fares as I want to do something fairly similar. I understand including a commander is advisable as he allows you greater leadership to make your RZ moves. My only thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    *Edit* Removed the Squad Points Costs*

Greetings Everyone,

I've been looking at playing a space marine army for a long time now and I finally settled on Black Templar and started buying the models. I'm a long time IG player so I've tried to craft a list that is heavy in close combat but also had some heavy firepower in the form of various vehicles. I think the general idea with the list is fairly straight forward with everyone advancing and slicing the bad guys to bits. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I was really interested in including a squad of terminators with a crusader or marshal /w terminator command squad + crusader but for the points I just don't know how it would perform. Maybe when playing an Apocalypse game I'd add that in. Any thoughts on the performance of these two squads would be great as well.

Reinhardt Crusade

HQ 1
    Reclusiarch
    Terminator Honours
    Jump Pack
    Iron Halo

HQ 2
    Emperor’s Champion
    Accept any Challenge, No matter the Odds

Troops x3
    Initiate x10
    Neophyte x5
    Melta Gun
    Power Fist
    Bolt Pistols/CCW

Troop 4
    Initiate x10
    Neophyte x5
    Melta Gun
    Power Weapon
    Bolt Pistols/CCW

Troop 5
    Initiate x5
    Lascannon
    Transport (Razorback)
    Twin-linked Lascannon

Fast Attack 1
    Initiate x10
    Power Fist
    Plasma Pistol x2

Fast Attack x2
    Land Speeder Tornado
    Multi Melta

Elite 1
    Dreadnought
    TLLC
    Missile Launcher
    It looks pretty good.

Your hq is fine except for the fact that your chaplin has an iron halo when it already has a rosarius?? drop the halo and give him melta bombs, frags and an orb of antioch.

troops look fine. It may be worth going 18 guys in each squad (10 initiates, 8 neophytes), the more bodies the better. I usally play with full squads but hey. all your squads should have PF. the razor back is not really necessary and you'd be better off playing a predator or two.

dreadnaught is fine however it would be worth investing in making it venrable with smoke launchers and extra armour.

land speeder is fine but it would be worth giving him a heavy flamer.

your assualt squad is fine. plasmas could be replaced with flamers while playing games against swarm armies though.

as for LRC with termies and marshall it is a good investment. You should use 7 assualt marines with 4 LC and 3 TH and the marshall in termie armour with LC. they are really nice elites choice and the LRC can soften stuff while dropping the goodies inside.

overall nice list just remeber to drop that iron halo.
    Never broken, Never fallen, Courage out of fear.
    "Those who give up often do not realize just how close they are to success when they give up."

+ Reply to Thread