First 750pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First 750pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 750pts

Hey all, writing this list so i know what to buy. Would like C&C so i dont do any stuipd conversions!

HQ
    HSO
    Power sword
    Plasma Pistol
    Carapace Armour
    Veteran
    Close Combat Weapon
    Las pistol
    Veteran
    Close Combat Weapon
    Las pistol
    Guardsman
    Vox-caster
    Guardsman
    Medic

HQ Total 112
    Troops
    Infantry Platoon 1
    HQ
    JO
    Power Sword
    Guardsman x 4
    Vox-caster
    Auto Cannon
    Total 75

Squad Alpha
    Sergeant
    Close Combat Weapons
    9 x Guardsmen
    Heavy Bolter
    Melta Gun
    Vox-caster
    Total 85

Squad Bravo
    Sergeant
    Close Combat Weapons
    9 x Guardsmen
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox-caster
    Total 83
    Troop 1 Total 226

Infantry Platoon 2
    HQ
    JO
    Power Sword
    Guardsmen x 4
    Vox-caster
    Auto cannon
    Total 75

Squad Alpha
    Sergeant
    Close Combat Weapons
    9 x Guardsman
    Missile Launcher
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox-caster
    Total 88

Squad Bravo
    Sergeant
    Close Combat Weapons
    9 x Guardsmen
    Missile Launcher
    Plasma Gun
    Vox-caster
    Total 90
    Troop 2 Total 251

Heavy Support
    Leman Russ
    Hull mounted Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Total 155

Army List = 748pts

Thanks
    Deathodia920

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

not gonna try to change the direction your heading in so here's just some suggestions to add with what you're doing.

since you want to send your hq command squad into the fray, might as well give them a priest and/or commissar since the advisor rule defaults them to that squad anyways. otherwise i'd suggest to switch this command squad role out with that of your infantry platoon command squad, and adding a standard bearer since only the hq command squad can get that and it's invaluable to your line squads that plan on providing fire support to the charge.

but, if the vox-caster system is being used because you plan on being spread out, i'd upgrade the command to have a master-vox, and add in light infantry so you can truly spread out to range that would make the command bubble ineffective, your guys are footslogging it and it doesn't look that they'd be able to get about the field in any quick manner anyways so why not just start them out spread across the board infiltrated. that is, unless you're using the drop troop doctrine, then just disregard that.

i gather from your point totals that 'close combat weapons' meant just what your sgt's were armed with and not the doctrine (which would have had to be added into all the guard infantry units). the heavy bolter/melta-gun isn't a good combo, ones anti-infantry long range, the other is anti-tank,short range, i'd consider changing the melta-gun to something more complementary.

or, if you're looking for some advancing-mobility, maybe trade out the second platoon for an armored fist squad or mount one/both of your command squads in chimeras to move with the leman russ (to which i would add extra armor, and smoke launchers if you got the points left over).

at 750 and even moreso in larger games, how about a small unit of ogryns or some rough riders (which i love to death ever after the first time using them, a small squad of 5 took out 10 assault marines trying to jump across the field on my flank). though for bigger games maxed out squads of 10 are recommended for either (and mounted in a chimera w/ bone'ead for the ogryns)

also, for a close combat oriented guard, you might want to consider implementing die-hards, hardened fighters, and/or warrior weapons in some sort of combination with your list that would work for you.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

since you want to send your hq command squad into the fray, might as well give them a priest and/or commissar since the advisor rule defaults them to that squad anyways.
    - If you're using your Comand squad for melee, as you rlist goes 1) Drop the Vets - the points for 1x extra attack would be better spent on flamers (+1 attack if it gets to his turn in h/h, or a template that doesn't rely on BS first). Or 1x flamer and frag grenades (Really important for charging!)

i gather from your point totals that 'close combat weapons' meant just what your sgt's were armed with and not the doctrine (which would have had to be added into all the guard infantry units). the heavy bolter/melta-gun isn't a good combo, ones anti-infantry long range, the other is anti-tank,short range, i'd consider changing the melta-gun to something more complementary.
    - true, however not totally unendorsable, just unorthadox. I'd use a ML or autocannon if you have a penchant for Meltas, or plasmas with HB's but it's up to you.

or, if you're looking for some advancing-mobility, maybe trade out the second platoon for an armored fist squad or mount one/both of your command squads in chimeras to move with the leman russ (to which i would add extra armor, and smoke launchers if you got the points left over).
    - I hope you're going to keep the LR as a anchor in your gunline right? Chimeras with all the trimmings are just over the cost of 2x sentinals w multilasers. You want more scoring / targetable units in this scale in my oppinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

a chimera and a squadron of sentinels are in the same boat in that they both are almost ridiculuously easy to kill to determined squad of devastator equivalant units (deq!?! shrug), except that at least with the chimera, you can have infantry huddling to stay out of los with the chimera wreckage (which the squad is a scoring unit while the chimera wasn't capable of scoring)

ok, imo i love sentinels, and i would somehow like to see it feasible in which these where almost a staple to ig mobility, they're just awesome models (especially when converted just right like those walkers the stormtroopers had on the wookie planet in star wars), but these things are just asking for to almost be shot at, and sadly 1-2 squads of bolters could kill off a squadron of these guys. so although they add mobile firepower, they're very so much mobile-dead unless used just right in the isolated flank that the enemy used and had only that one unit there that could get butted out by that sentinel squadron.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread