400pt Combat Patrol - Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

400pt Combat Patrol - Competitive

Hey guys, theres a CP tournament happening in a few days, and I'm totally stumped on what to do with 400 points of SM. Any help would be much appreciated. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Reclusiarch

Tactical Squad (7)
    Term Honors
    Power Fist
    Plasma Gun

Devestator Squad (6)
    4xML

Total = 400

I'm a little concerned that all my eggs are in two baskets there, although I'm happy with the fact that nobody will know what to shoot first. I'll probably be playing against mostly MEQ's, but there might be some 'Nids or Orks in there too.

I have a large selection of models to choose from, so if you come up with something I probably have it.

Thanks all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good against MEQ but against hordes you might not have enough fire power/numbers. You could be facing 40-60 boyz if you played against orks. Atleast I'd be using 40'ish boyz which would probably outrun you.

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Nahzy View Post
    Hey guys, theres a CP tournament happening in a few days, and I'm totally stumped on what to do with 400 points of SM. Any help would be much appreciated. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Reclusiarch

Tactical Squad (7)
    Term Honors
    Power Fist
    Plasma Gun

Devestator Squad (6)
    4xML

Total = 400

I'm a little concerned that all my eggs are in two baskets there, although I'm happy with the fact that nobody will know what to shoot first. I'll probably be playing against mostly MEQ's, but there might be some 'Nids or Orks in there too.

I have a large selection of models to choose from, so if you come up with something I probably have it.

Thanks all!
    I played against a list like this once and it was no fun.

I ran a codex marines list recently which consisted mostly of basic infantry. It seemed to do well but I need to test it a bit more. I think more basic infantry is the way to go with combat patrol.
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was also thinking about running with the following

Reclusiarch

Tac Squad (7)
    T. Honors
    Power Weapon
    Plasma Gun

Tac Squad (9)
    T Honors
    Power Fist
    Meltagun

This one is a little more troop heavy, but I'm wondering if the 3 added space marines is worth the loss of the very versatile Missile Launchers. Even with the extra bolters, I would lose the blast templates from frag missiles, which are good against hordes.

Obviously this list is more CC-oriented, but it would still be nigh-useless if I were to come across a Chaos army.

Any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread