Space Marine 2000 pt KickBoxer List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marine 2000 pt KickBoxer List

Edit: See Revised List Below<---
    So I built this list to have very powerful striking ability, and it will be used mainly against a Necron Destroyer/warrior/Mono list and an Eldar Aspect List.

1999 Points

Chaplain - 136 points
    -Master of Sanctity
    -Jump Pack
    -Plasma Pistol
    -Frag Grenades

Assault Squad - 275 Points
    -Assault Marines x9
    -Frag Grenades
    -Plasma Pistol x2
    -Seargent
    --Terminator Honours
    --Plasma Pistol
    --Power FIst
    --Teleport Homer

Terminators -245
    -Terminators x5
    -Assault Cannon - 30 Points

Terminators -245
    -Terminators x5
    -Assault Cannon

Tactical Squad - 170 points
    -Tactical Marine x10
    -Plasma Cannon

-Tactical Marine x10
    -Plasma Cannon

Devastator Squad - 260 Points
    -8 Devastator Marines
    -Lascannon x4

Scout Squad -90 Points
    -Scout x5
    -Sniper Rifle x5

Scout Squad -90 Points
    -Scout x5
    -Sniper Rifle x5

Vindicator - 163
    -Vindicator
    -Power of the Machine Spirit
    -Smoke Launchers
    -Extra Armour

TechMarine
    -TechMarine - 65 Points
    --Servo Harness
    -Tech Servitor x3 - 30 Points
    -Combat Servitor - 25 Points

Comments/Critiscms?
    I was debating whether to give the Chaplain a Powerfist or not, and the techmarine+retinue was a last minute addition but he was very useful in the one game I have played with this list so far (Necrons - Solid Victory). Otherwise I like it alot.

Last edited by Axever; February 19th, 2008 at 20:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Good, but I'd drop those terminators.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

looks pretty solid, im unsure as to how a vindi will fare being the only vehicle in the list. the only other suggestions i have is to 1. add missile launchers to the scouts, the missile comes in very handy since IMO snipers usually never do anything but look cool :p 2. break the devvies into two 5 man squads, each with 2 lascannons, just to give you better fields of fire and the ability to target 2 seperate units. 3. I'ld definetly drop the techmarine, he's doing much for this list.. I'ld drop him for a predator destructor with heavy bolters to help with anti infantry tasks.

good luck
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring View Post
    looks pretty solid, im unsure as to how a vindi will fare being the only vehicle in the list. the only other suggestions i have is to 1. add missile launchers to the scouts, the missile comes in very handy since IMO snipers usually never do anything but look cool :p 2. break the devvies into two 5 man squads, each with 2 lascannons, just to give you better fields of fire and the ability to target 2 seperate units. 3. I'ld definetly drop the techmarine, he's doing much for this list.. I'ld drop him for a predator destructor with heavy bolters to help with anti infantry tasks.

good luck
    Hrm, Its true the vindicator will get picked out easily, but I do like it very much, Ill have to play test it a bit more to decide on that. The snipers were very useful in the game I played with them, I used em to take out destroyers and even managed to pin a squad of warriors twice, but I suppose adding the missile launcher would only help them, adding a little versatility while still allowing them to server their purpose in my army. The Devastator split is a very good idea. As for the techmarine, yeah the predator would probably be a better choice, but damn, the servo-harness model looks so kick ass, and he was very useful in the game, I used him to CC immortals and destroyers mostly. Though I suppose the predator would help my vindicator survive quite nicely, splitting enemy firepower, and I do need a little more ranged anti-Infantry, so far I have been relying on CC from the termies and assault squad for AI.

Thanks for the suggestions, Ill write up a new list and try it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright so Here is the revised list.
    Dark Angels "KickBoxer" Army List V-2.0 - 1969 Points

Chaplain - 136 points
    -Master of Sanctity
    -Jump Pack
    -Plasma Pistol
    -Frag Grenades

Assault Squad - 275 Points
    -Assault Marines x9
    -Frag Grenades
    -Plasma Pistol x2
    -Seargent
    --Terminator honors
    --Plasma Pistol
    --Power Fist
    --Teleport Homer

Terminators -245
    -Deathwing Terminators x5
    -Assault Cannon

Terminators -245
    -Deathwing Terminators x5
    -Assault Cannon

-Tactical Marine x10
    -Plasma Cannon

-Tactical Marine x10
    -Plasma Cannon

Devastator Squad - 260 Points
    -8 Devastator Marines - 120 Points
    -Lascannon x2 - 140 Points

Scout Squad -95 Points
    -Scout x5
    -Sniper Rifle x4
    -Missile Launcher

Scout Squad -95 Points
    -Scout x5
    -Sniper Rifle x4
    -Missile Launcher

Vindicator - 163
    -Vindicator
    -Power of the Machine Spirit
    -Smoke Launchers
    -Extra Armour

Predator - 115 Points
    -Destructor
    -Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    -Extra Armour

Main tactic is to march the predator and tac marines up with the vindicator just behind, which pops out at the opportune time, meanwhile scouts/devastators pick off high priority targets while assault marines and chaplain jump into the bulk of the enemy and call down the terminators. Worked well before, should work better now.

Edit: I just realised this list has 4 heavy support choices... So Im goign to combine the devestator squads and take out two marines, which frees 30 points. What should I spend these on? Im thinking one fo tehse options
    1. Iron Halo on Chaplain
    2. Lascannons on Destructor
    3. Storm Bolters and other upgrades on Tanks
    4. A Hunter Killer Missile on both tanks (Free shots at enemy heavy support?)

I think im leaning most towards option 4, those HK missile could prove very useful against things such as fire prisms and destroyers.
    Last edited by Axever; February 19th, 2008 at 07:52.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

Iron halo on a chaplain? what for, he already has a 4+ invulnerable save!

it looks like you are using the DA codex, can you give terminator honors to the chaplain (I don't remember if they can...)

Or maybe add plasma guns to the tactical squads....

or power fists.... might have to free up points elsewhere tho, I think your power fists are more expensive then in the SM codex.

If you don't like those options I'd go for the storm bolters and other upgrades. I was thinking the lascannons but you are using the predator as a mobile shield for your vindi so you should probably keep it built so it can fire all its guns while moving, maybe you can give it a twin-linked las cannon? (I forget how expensive that is in the DA codex).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guthbrand View Post
    Iron halo on a chaplain? what for, he already has a 4+ invulnerable save!

it looks like you are using the DA codex, can you give terminator honors to the chaplain (I don't remember if they can...)

Or maybe add plasma guns to the tactical squads....

or power fists.... might have to free up points elsewhere tho, I think your power fists are more expensive then in the SM codex.

If you don't like those options I'd go for the storm bolters and other upgrades. I was thinking the lascannons but you are using the predator as a mobile shield for your vindi so you should probably keep it built so it can fire all its guns while moving, maybe you can give it a twin-linked las cannon? (I forget how expensive that is in the DA codex).

D'oh on the Iron Halo... *slap's self*.

Plasma guns and Power fists dont really fit with the purpose of the squad, besides I would have to free up alot more points for Power fists.

So I guess I'll settle on the tank upgrades. Give them a little more of a kick.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread