Traited marines 1500: need help towards 2000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traited marines 1500: need help towards 2000

Hello everyone, I have recently made a list that works great, i play against chaos, necrons and other marine armies, but now i need to make my list into 2000 pts. This is my list:

HQ:
    Master of Sanctity with Crozius Arcanum, rosarius, jumppack, term. hon. and a bolt pistol

Troops:
    Tactical squad: 10 marines, 2 plasmaguns and a sergeant with a powerfist
    Rhino transport with Extra Armour and Smoke launchers
    Tactical squad: 10 marines, 2 plasmaguns and a sergeant with a powerfist
    Rhino transport with Extra Armour and Smoke launchers
    Scout squad: 5 scouts with 4 sniper rifles and a missile launcher

Fast Attack:
    Assault squad: 10 marines with jumppacks, 2 plasma pistols and a sergeant with powerfist and plasma pistol

Heavy Support:
    Vindicator with Power of the Machine spirit

So, what should i do with this list? i am willing to drop the scouts to free up points, but everything else has to stay. This is a list of the available models i still have:
    -10 terminators / 10 assault terminators (i can change their weaponry, magnets ;Y)
    -about 30 marines (with vet sgts, special and heavy weapons...)
    -a dreadnought
    -5 bikers
    -more scouts
    -a librarian
    -a master
    -an HQ on a bike
    -3 speeders (also with replacable weaponry, gotta love magnets...)

I'd like to keep the idea of a mobile close range/assault army in the list, maybe with those terminators or those speeders as backup... i'm not sure... what would you guys do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I f it were me I would go with one more tac squad a dread and a speeder then use scouts as filler
    My armies are studly!
    W/D/L
    Empire 25/1/2
    chaos 8/0/2
    Hyrulian Knights 7/3/1

Take the fight to them
    Have faith is suspician

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

Your tactical squads are 5 points two cheap. The second special weapon replaces the listed heavy weapon. Example, the second plasma or melta gun in a squad replaces a Lascannon, therefore it uses the second special weapon uses the Lascannon's point cost instead. A second flamer uses the point cost of a Missile Launcher. I take it you are using the trait cleanse and purify, a solid choice.

This puts your current list at 1507 points.

3 vindi's??? That sounds fun. And scary. It looks like you also paid for extra amor on them but didn't list it.

I would add two Land Speeder tornados to fill out your fast attack slots, and keep them in seperate squads.

I would also take out the scouts because your vehicles will probably be blocking their line of sight a lot and they don't fit your mobile theme.

Then Lower your tactical squads to 8 men.

After that add two 8 man tactical squads with veteran sargent power fists and 2 melta guns, also in rhinos w/ smoke and extra armor.

This willl put you at 1978 points... maybe for artificer armor on the Chaplain.. or pintle mounted storm botlers on some vehicles, or.... something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In your army list just a few things i would do to bring it up to 2000pts is 10 assult terminators with your chaplain given terminator armour to join the squad and lastly to by 2 bikers with a telleport homer. Thats what i would do but i dont know whether it will work or not its just every time im up against assult terminators deppstricking with a telleport homer i nearly always lose!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok just a few remarks:

-i didn't pay for extra armour, vindicators are 130 points and machine spirit is 30
    -the cleanse and purify thing is true, i didn't think about it.
    -i don't have any other rhinos, so adding more tac squads is impossible
    -i'm not sure but isn't deep striking assault terminators against an assaulty army one of the stupidest things you can do?

Let's try again shall we?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

we aren't suppose to post point costs of units but... you are wrong. You are using the space marine codex right? Or is there another codex that allows 2 special weapons in a tactical squad? I'm looking at the sm codex right now and a vindi is 5 points cheaper then what you think it is.

And you could always foot slog some marines behind the rest of your armor.

And just so you know, after terminators deep strike they can't assault, so yes, assault terminators would be dumb. Using the bikes with a teleport homer and teleporting terminators with assault cannons would be a much better idea if you decide to go the route of terminators. Problem with that is, it would be like one bike squad and one shooty terminator squad and maybe a bike chaplain if you get rid of the scouts, i'm being lazy and not pricing everything out this time tho >.<
    Last edited by Guthbrand; February 23rd, 2008 at 07:22.

+ Reply to Thread