1,500pts DA first list ever! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,500pts DA first list ever!

So I just picked up the DA codex the other day mostly because I've been hearing so many people whine and cry about how they are a ruined army. I gotta say tho, I'm pretty Impressed and almost considering starting a DA army! let me know what you think of this list and how I may improve upon it!

HQ
    ---------
    Chief Librarian Ezekiel
    -170pts

Troops
    --------
    10 Tac Marines
    Vet Sgt w/BP and Power Fist
    Plasma Gun
    Las Cannon
    Razor Back with Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
    -275pts

10 Tac Marines
    Vet Sgt w/BP and Power Fist
    Plasma Gun
    Las Cannon
    Razor Back with Twin Linked Heavy Bolter and pintle mounted Storm Bolter
    -280pts

Elites
    -------------
    Venerable Dreadnought with Assault Cannon and Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with heavy Flammer
    -150pts

5 Scouts with Sniper Rifles
    -105pts

5 Deathwing Terminators with 1 Assault Cannon and 1 Thunder Hammer and Storm Sheild
    -245pts

Heavy Support
    -----------------
    Land Raider Crusader
    -250pts

10 Devastator Marines with 2 Las Cannons and 2 Missile Launchers
    -275pts

Total-1,500

All in all I gotta say its one of my favorite SM lists I've ever written but I know it could use some improvement, I'm just not sure what exactly to do tho. I honestly would like just maybe one more Land Raider but I dunno what to replace for it. Anyway all comments are welcome!!!

Thanks!

40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Ezekiel isn't that hot a choice for an HQ, his psychic powers are a bit random and he doesn't have a 'proper' inv save (Force Barrier can only be used once per player turn).

A Company Master with power weapon and a storm bolter or combi weapon would siut you well and save you points.

The other thing to mention, you are best with lightning claws in the termy squad for the Init strikes plus rerolls plus gaining an extra attack.

On the Dread, go with the flamer if you like, but in my experience a my Dreads rarely make it into template range .

Best of luck
    Z
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Ezekiel isn't that hot a choice for an HQ, his psychic powers are a bit random and he doesn't have a 'proper' inv save (Force Barrier can only be used once per player turn).

However Mind worm is bags of fun, especially with LD10, and a psychic hood is not to be sniffed at.

A Company Master with power weapon and a storm bolter or combi weapon would siut you well and save you points.

Or be cheeky, buy Belial:
    Storm bolter, M/Crafted Power Sword & 2+ save, He has LD10 and rites of battle, and costs (roughly) the same as a company master but with a 2+ save. (Or equip him otherwise, see below)

The other thing to mention, you are best with lightning claws in the termy squad for the Init strikes plus rerolls plus gaining an extra attack.

On the squad that's quite true - L/claws add a additional attack, and strike at init to take out infantry. For anything scarier you have plenty of power fists.

On the Dread, go with the flamer if you like, but in my experience a my Dreads rarely make it into template range.

Meh, i'm indifferent.

Best of luck
    Z

Why the scouts with rifles? they look cool but i can't see the "fit" in the army, or the cost.

+ Reply to Thread