2000 point BA tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point BA tournament

Grandmaster
    master craft
    NFW and pw
    teleport homer
    4 termis TH SH

in a land raider

lemartes

9 deathcompany
    jet packs

2 x 9 combat squad 1 plasma gun and 1 lascannon
    1 vet sgt PF

2 baal preds extra armour
    2 LS assult cannon and heavy bolter

LR

9 GK
    1 justicar
    mastercraft

these will deepstrike on the grandmaster when they get out and will assult to protect them from fire

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is 2000 pts? 45 models 3 vehicles and 2 speeders. good idea about the grey knights. i mean trying to protect them but against a shooty army you will still get shot to pieces. what are you going to do if the land raider gets popped turn 1? i think if you get into combat you will be fine but any mobile army or very shooty army will get you before you cross the board.
    Dark Eldar 42/3/10
    Space Marines 26/0/1
    Eldar 0/0/0
    Tourney
    Dark Eldar 5/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any suggestions on how i could change up the army or use a different sm force so ill make it across the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally would drop the grey knights. they are very pricey units. i'm sure you want to keep them though because they are good looking models. keep the preds and the speeders they will attract a good amount of fire power. how many points would you free up just by dropping the gray kinights? i dont have that codex on me but i've often pondered their efectiveness for the points. i know this sounds lame but space marines can hold their own so try to use high numbers to get across the board. hopefully the land raider wont get popped turn one or first shot but that is a risk you are going to have to take. if it lasts thrugh turn one then it has made up its points to me. only because it drew a whole turns worth of shooting away from the rest of your army. im not too familiar with the new blood angels codex. im not going to be of too much help except for on the basic space marine armies effectiveness. what are the benefits to playing blood angels instead of vanilla marines?
    Dark Eldar 42/3/10
    Space Marines 26/0/1
    Eldar 0/0/0
    Tourney
    Dark Eldar 5/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id free up 295 pts and blood angles are good for combat squads death company with furious charge feel no pain and rending, they also have baal preds with assult cannons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so for 295 pts you get a grandmaster, 5 terminators and 10 grey knight guys? maybe i asked the wrong question. how many pts to drop those things. the predators have side sponson assault cannons? or turret? but anyways like a said maybe take another combat squad or add some jumpackers with a character to replace the grand master.
    Dark Eldar 42/3/10
    Space Marines 26/0/1
    Eldar 0/0/0
    Tourney
    Dark Eldar 5/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry i thought u meant just the gk troops it would be 659 pts and then if you add in the LR it would be 909. its a turret mounted assult cannon and sponsin heavy bolters. I would probably add mepheston as my other hq and attach him to the death company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you could add 2 more combat squads and an assault squad couldnt you. i think that would work. just remember not to leave everything out in the open. a lot of people leave space marines way out in the middle with no terrain. it drives me nuts. they're space marines not gods. they will go down with enough firepower but people dont believe me. crazy
    Dark Eldar 42/3/10
    Space Marines 26/0/1
    Eldar 0/0/0
    Tourney
    Dark Eldar 5/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

I would keep the PAGK and the GKTs but start them on the field. Also you would be better to have most of the GKTs with stormbolter / NFW and just give one TH/SS. If you can add a psycannon to one of the GKTs that can help a lot.

Grey knights can lay down a lot of firepower while on the move and it is really a waste of points to just run them into CC.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i used to run the termiators with 2 psycannons and no landraider but i always had trouble with units with MCs avatars especially and dreadknots i like the LR cause with out it they just die and there iniative is average at best so all my friends go first and any army that dosent or has a PF atleast then i get a 4+ invol save. In my pure gk army i use two squads of 10 walking gks which yes put out alot of fire power but i was thinking that when they deepstrike they could shoot the unit i was charging with my termies to weaken them and then the termis could block line of sight of them or move the LR to do that. I also considered maybe taking the GKs and the LR out for maybe another pred and LS and maybe 2 vet assult squads with fists if i could fit it. I was wondering if i could use gks to represent the assult marines cause they look so cool and it would also cost me less money do u think this would work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast